Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A and E Grille set to open in old Harry's/Tony's building in Mustang

Default A and E Grille set to open in old Harry's/Tony's building in Mustang

Like the title says that building is getting a face lift for the new restaurant. It currently has a location in Chickasha, and the owners decided to open one in Mustang. Makes sense as the building was already there empty and has potential. I just wonder how successful it's going to be with Applebee's opening, of course I know some people kind of grumbled at the Applebee's so maybe it will still do fine. I know I miss having a restaurant/bar that I could meet at with a few co-workers after work to blow off some steam. I used to frequent Harry's quite a bit when it was in business.

Default Re: A and E Grille set to open in old Harry's/Tony's building in Mustang

Looks like they have been doing some remodeling. The outside has been painted, although the old signs are still up. They also have had ads for hiring, so I'm guessing it shouldn't be too much longer till this is open.

Default Re: A and E Grille set to open in old Harry's/Tony's building in Mustang

A&E abruptly closed it's doors this week. Apparently servers called in on Monday to see if they were closed due to weather and the managers told them they were closed for good and no longer have jobs. What a ****ty way to let their employees know if that's true.

I wonder if it will become the "cursed" restaurant location for Mustang.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    That's what everyone is saying on FB, but honestly poor management, food, and service have been the demise.

I agree. It's a good spot. The right concept will do great with the booming population out here. They need a good theme and not another touch of everything places. Too many of those around.

A Shoguns or even an Outback would be real well there.

I agree a big name restaurant probably wouldn't have the same issues. Most people don't seem to be willing to try the no names anymore and once word gets around they suck, most never try again. Most people would give a big name another shot after a bad experience.

So now we have two restaurant buildings to fill in Mustang, the old Pizza Hut, now the old A and E.

I'm kind of wondering if the old Pizza Hut is going to be torn down.

I remember when that building was a Big Cheese Pizza. IMO much better than Pizza Hut. Then the next pizza place there served some kind of New York pizza. Can't remember the name but the toppings were of a much larger size and the crust was soft to the point that you had to make a lengthwise fold in the slice you were holding to keep the toppings from falling off. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRYiCBcSyRE

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I'm kind of wondering if the old Pizza Hut is going to be torn down.
    I agree, I think it should be torn down, but then again, the old Dairy Queen and Burger King buildings are still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by stick47 View Post
    I remember when that building was a Big Cheese Pizza. IMO much better than Pizza Hut. Then the next pizza place there served some kind of New York pizza. Can't remember the name but the toppings were of a much larger size and the crust was soft to the point that you had to make a lengthwise fold in the slice you were holding to keep the toppings from falling off. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRYiCBcSyRE
    I did not know that about the Pizza Hut building...interesting. I know where the Mazzio's stands is where the old Braums used to be before it burned down. I was living in Mustang when the Mazzio's was build, but not when the Braums was there.

The For Sale sign is gone from in front of A&E Grill, anybody know anything about who's moving in?

Realtor contract may have ended and they haven't signed with another yet.

I hope it's going to open up again and my vote would be for the place my Wife & I ate when we were in Ardmore the other day. It's called The Cotton Patch Cafe. They're all around in Tx & NM but the Ardmore site is the only one in OK. Food was super good!

Building has sold. Will reopen as a Mexican restaurant.

NAI Sullivan Group Commercial Real Estate

It better be a damn good restaurant, or it will close by the end of the year, adding to the rumors of 'cursed building syndrome'. Mustang already has Texcalco and Los Vaqueros.

That said, Texcalco sucks and Los Vaqueros stopped having horchata, so the new place does have an opportunity. Hope they don't blow it.

If I'm not mistaken, the buyer listed owns the Los Vaqueros restaurant.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the buyer listed owns the Los Vaqueros restaurant.....
    Yup thats fernando's new place.......He was telling me, he was going to do it up real nice and play off the bar set up they already have in the building.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    Yup thats fernando's new place.......He was telling me, he was going to do it up real nice and play off the bar set up they already have in the building.
    I was hoping for a good Mexican restaurant. Both in town are bad. I was hoping for a La Luna.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnesa View Post
    I was hoping for a good Mexican restaurant. Both in town are bad. I was hoping for a La Luna.
    Thank goodness Teds is at the outlet mall now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    It is not as much a curse but a property type that has issues finding a solid replacement. Major chains that operate freestanding buildings mostly seem to prefer to just build their standard layout and have the facade consistent verses remodel older buildings of different brands, those that do not operate freestanding buildings seem to stick to mostly rectangular shapes in strip shopping centers. This leaves similar reuse of building to mom & pops or small chains, which are pretty hit and miss on concept, quality and resources. So they will tend to cycle till they finally get a solid tenant/owner or demolished.

Small article in the recent paper.

Los Vaqueros1.jpg

There is a Mexican restaurant from Stillwater that is going to be built across the street from the Silver Stallion. I thought they might have decided to move to this vacant location, but it does not sound like it with Vaqueros buying it.

Mustang Re: A and E Grille set to open in old Harry's/Tony's building in Mustang

Article today about Los Vaqueros getting closer to moving.

Los Vaqueros 01.jpg

Thread Information