https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...n/70267197007/

Lackmeyer actually had a pretty good piece with a balanced and factual details.

I believe it was the Midwest City Beacon that had previous had a story regarding the current owner being full of empty promises and the city of MWC partnering with the Hospital Authority to claim the mall under Eminent Domain. There's that ED work again in MWC. And again, with the city and Hospital Authority working on a retail area. The city ended up losing that court battle regarding Town Center, but by then they really had won the war with the overall project. I dont expect to see the same kind of battle here since there are no homes involved.

It won't function as a mall ever again, but it did have an opportunity to serve other purposes for a bit. I'm afraid that this owner's lack of maintenance has done the place in with mold and water issues though. I think we're better off dozing it and starting over.

Honestly, i'm thinking someone should offer to purchase the LifePoint building and then build a new one for them on the grounds, but less "in the middle of things" so a new development has a chance to start with the whole parcel.