Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All About Cha Stylish Tea & Coffee

Western Ave. All About Cha Stylish Tea & Coffee

This is the old Louie's space.

They serve all types of gourmet teas, coffee, salads, sandwiches and desserts.

:: ALL ABOUT ? ::

Pretty sure this is a franchise... There is another location at 33rd & Broadway in Edmond:

All About Cha Stylish Coffee & Tea - Edmond, OK

Default Re: All About Cha Stylish Tea & Coffee to 7300 N. Western

All About Cha is an excellent coffee shop, probably the best I am aware of in the OKC area. This is good for Western. Hopefully there is a downtown OKC location some day soon. It would be an excellent addition to Midtown.

I would really like to see them expand all over the metro to give Starbucks some real competition.

Great news. This is one of the things I really liked in Edmond. This is still pretty far north for me, but I'll make the drive. It's Korean, and they have some different drinks in addition the standard espresso options. It is a franchise, but unless the owner has opened up more, this will only be the second one in the U.S. The owner of the Edmond location is who all U.S. franchise applications go through, and the last time I talked to him, there was still only the one.

I believe both locations are a franchise, so hopefully the franchisee will continue to seek new locations.

Would love to see something like this in Midtown.

It would be a natural fit in the Asian District. I don't see it happening, but I'd love them to move into the Rainbow Records building at Classen and 23rd.

Blog Entries

The one in Edmond was first in the US I believe. Other one is in Korea I think.

I wonder how this will do on Western that far up. I may be wrong, but to me it seems like a poor location for this concept. Nonetheless, it's right by where I work so I'll probably be there frequently.

Someone needs to order a cup of tea (as pictured in the third photo of the first series, above) dump a ladle or two of polyurethane (or ambergris) over it, let it harden and use it as a Christmas tree ornament for many generations to come.

It's far too pretty to drink.

Why, someday it might even show up on a future version of Antiques Roadshow.
    Say . . . Next to a napkin from Louie's and a coaster from McNellies . . .
    On The Next Big Thing of Yesterday table. =)

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Someone needs to order a cup of tea (as pictured in the third photo of the first series, above) dump a ladle or two of polyurethane (or ambergris) over it, let it harden and use it as a Christmas tree ornament for many generations to come.

It's far too pretty to drink.
    It is too pretty to drink, and a bad time of night to see pictures like this. Are they 24/7 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    It is too pretty to drink, and a bad time of night to see pictures like this. Are they 24/7 yet?
    It's like a Japanese/Zen Meditation Garden in a Cup.
    Go with a group of 7, order one, and spend about three hours staring at it.
    The experience should probably set each person back only about twenty bucks.

Of course, there will be fights over the ornament after it's preserved, but so it goes . . .

Don't allow any Vegans into the art appreciation entourage on account of they will have some sort of sniveling complaint about the cream or whatever.

" . . . And STYLISH Too!"

I agree with everyone. Best coffee shop by far in OKC... and if comes to midtown would be instant hit... hopefully prevent any starbucks from coming in...

Quote Originally Posted by kjones View Post
    I agree with everyone. Best coffee shop by far in OKC... and if comes to midtown would be instant hit... hopefully prevent any starbucks from coming in...
    This shows how much times have changed. Less than a decade ago, Starbucks was coveted in OKC. Today, they are like a McDonalds or a Subway. Its a perfect example of over-expansion cheapening a brand. All About Cha however is the real deal. Its the type of coffee shop that is a social hangout spot. I hope they do beat Starbucks into Midtown.

Love everything there. although it is fairly pricey, even compared to starbucks. Also wish they would stop going Chick fil A on us and actually be open sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by gurantula35 View Post
    Love everything there. although it is fairly pricey, even compared to starbucks. Also wish they would stop going Chick fil A on us and actually be open sunday.
    Not open on Sunday doesn't bother me since the owner is there all the time. They need a day off. If was a bunch of high school kids I would say def needs to be open. But I respect and love when owner is in there making my coffee and food. Guarantees better quality

David Brandon did a review of 'All About Cha' here:

Mogua, Yuja, and Goguma, Oh My: All About Cha

I'm pretty sure it's KOREAN, not Japanese.

Default Re: All About Cha Stylish Tea & Coffee

They have good coffees and teas there, my favorites being the green tea lattes. I believe they are Korean, not Japanese style.

I wrote half of my PhD dissertation at All About Cha... too addicted to caffeine.

All About Cha on Western has been open for about a week now, open until 11 on weeknights, 12 on weekend-nights, and 9 on sunday. It's so great to have somewhere open this late AND on sundays too! Great design and very comfortable chairs for studying, too. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-01-27 16.41.56.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	2.41 MB 
ID:	6541 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-01-27 16.43.11.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	6542

Awesome. I am over there all the time and didn't realize it was open. I think 23rd St would be an excellent place for their next location.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by okcdowntown View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's KOREAN, not Japanese.
    I have spoken to the owners in the Edmond store some time ago shortly after they opened. It is Korean and Edmond was first US location. Don't know if there are others in US since they opened though.

21. Default Re: All About Cha Stylish Tea & Coffee to 7300 N. Western

Quote Originally Posted by kjones View Post
    There is already a Starbucks in Midtown. On 9th, just west of Walker.

And we've already got Elemental and Coffee Slingers in Midtown and AA.

They are opening a new location on May just north of Memorial.

Not much progress at the Mideke location, other than having the space demised:

Blog Entries

That's disappointing, thought they'd be in a hurry...

Thread Information