Widgets Magazine

Thread: For those of you who are on Facebook...

Default For those of you who are on Facebook...

...you may enjoy the "Remember in Oklahoma City when..." group. It's very active (50-100 posts a day) and is responsible for a LOT of "Oh wow" moments for me.

2. Default Re: For those of you who are on Facebook...

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix59 View Post
    ...you may enjoy the "Remember in Oklahoma City when..." group. It's very active (50-100 posts a day) and is responsible for a LOT of "Oh wow" moments for me.
    Wow. Huge discussion about "old" Oklahoma City. Too bad it's on Facebook. I will not use it. Good find for those who trust Facebook with everything.

Default Re: For those of you who are on Facebook...

If you are careful FB is not a big issue for folks familiar with it.

Eh they already know all your bidness anyway

It actually is pretty cool. I joined the Edmond group. There was a poster there in a thread I started who ended up having babysat me when I was a year old. Called my mom up and told her and she was like 'oh yeah, that's right'! I've posted lots of memories and people either 'like' it or join in. Its just fun...

Ah, Facebook, My latest "love to hate it" site. I run a couple of pages there, with great difficulty. (Thanks to those meddling kids. . er a people at facebook.) One for Columbus Elementary school alumni, from the 650-s through the 70's:

http://http://www.facebook.com/pages...14020885277112

7. Default Re: For those of you who are on Facebook...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOKC View Post
    Wow. Huge discussion about "old" Oklahoma City. Too bad it's on Facebook. I will not use it. Good find for those who trust Facebook with everything.
    I've never understood that mindset. I mean, people are free not to use whatever, but I don't get the 'trust facebook with everything.' Facebook only gets what you give them. You can gain far more knowledge on someone through widely available public records. I'd be more afraid of information you most likely already give out that you don't even realize and have no say over.

Thread Information