Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lost Ogle

Default The Lost Ogle

For your thoughts on TLO...

2. Default Re: The Lost Ogle

Quote Originally Posted by tomokc View Post
    For your thoughts on TLO...
    I think it would only be fair to share what you think first. Since you did start the topic and all.

3. Default Re: The Lost Ogle

I think it's a pretty decent satire site that way too many people take way too seriously.

Default Re: The Lost Ogle

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I think it's a pretty decent satire site that way too many people take way too seriously.
    Kind of like Congress?

It's a nice site, well written for the most part.

I think they take themselves too seriously.

I've seen them harass several journalists on social media with claims of "we got story x first!" Really childish for a blog that claims its just "obscure."

Much like a comedian telling an offensive joke, I think a lot would be forgiven if what they did was actually funny. But alas, it is not.

They want be a serious news source, fine. But drop the snarky, arrogant hipster shtick. You can't have it both ways.

It used to be a funny, satirical website that poked fun of things in and around OKC. I don't know when this changed.

I think the other Ogles dinna play with him enough when he was widdle.

I don't often read the actual posts but the tiny bit that comes up in my facebook feed make me laugh almost every day.

But I know Patrick personally and I am not completely impartial.

TLO has been my first source for a lot of local interest stories. Sure they can be rude, offensive and down right rude at times but what else can you expect from a bunch of shape shifting reptilians banished to Oklahoma in the golden age of shape shifting reptilians.

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    I think it would only be fair to share what you think first. Since you did start the topic and all.
    I'd be glad to. The purpose of starting this thread is because the "Chesapeake Business Practices" thread had shifted to a discussion of The Lost Ogle. Because there wasn't a specific TLO thread, I started this one and provided a link at the Chesapeake thread.

I consider TLO to be snarky, negative and juvenile. I find some of their posts to be informative, but mostly it's a repetitive rant directed at those who are accomplished, wealthy or politically conservative. Oddly, they also disparage those who fit any other stereotype they deem unworthy, such as the overweight, those who attend the State Fair, or residents of any geographically-identifiable region of the metro. They rarely pass up an opportunity to shame or embarrass anyone.

Occasionally they'll claim to be a journalistic Web site and claim credit for groundbreaking news such as the release of documents from Gov. Fallin's office following a FOIA request. But usually it's a display of selfies by local TV news people with the purpose of humiliation.

That discussion didn't belong on Chesapeake's message thread when scores of people are losing their jobs.

It's just a bunch of hipsters that think they are cool.

Isn't the Lost Ogle based in Tulsa?

Its OKCs little brother version of Madison, Wisconsin's The Onion. Nothing wrong with satirical journalism.

I do enjoy their "biggest douchebag in OKC" stories though!

Patrick the main guy is a cool dude.. And not at ALL a hipster!
    When you control a site that powerful you get a LOT of crazy info fed to you through VERY credible sources!

Sort of like Pete and this site!

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaNick View Post
    Patrick the main guy is a cool dude.. And not at ALL a hipster!
    When you control a site that powerful you get a LOT of crazy info fed to you through VERY credible sources!

FYI, although I've never met Patrick in person we do trade information from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Isn't the Lost Ogle based in Tulsa?
    No. It focuses on Oklahoma City media, entertainment, gossip, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tomokc View Post
    I consider TLO to be snarky, negative and juvenile.
    Yeah, but that's kind of its schtick. I don't always agree with The Lost Ogle, but for the most part I think it's pretty funny.

20. Default Re: The Lost Ogle

I think they have some pretty good stuff and have been to many trivia nights. I do think that a lot of people take THEM too seriously, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    TLO has been my first source for a lot of local interest stories. Sure they can be rude, offensive and down right rude at times but what else can you expect from a bunch of shape shifting reptilians banished to Oklahoma in the golden age of shape shifting reptilians.
    My bad... I forgot to mention the Lost Ogle is responsible for arguably the single greatest act of Oklahoma journalism. They gifted all of us a great pic of Emily Sutton in a bikini. Split tongues or not you gotta give it up to them for that.

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaNick View Post
    Pete is the Patrick of OKC Talk!

Pete, you've reached the apex of your life. You can now die a happy man!

Patrick is a member of OKCTalk, right? He came on here one time to defend himself.

^

Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Correct.
    So there's no confusion, not username, "Patrick" though, right?

Thread Information