Widgets Magazine

Thread: Seattle Development

Default Seattle Development

I'm not going to update this page with Seattle development, just thought I'd create it for this purpose in case someone does but the main reason I made this is to post this 101 story tower proposed there.

To be counted among the world’s great cities these days, it appears size matters.

Dubai’s Burj Khalifa holds the title for the world’s tallest building, at 2,717 feet high, but Seattle may join the club of global cities with a tower soaring 1,000 feet high.

Miami-based Crescent Heights, a national condominium developer, has filed plans with the city to build a 101-story tower that would reach 1,111 feet above ground level, making it the West Coast’s tallest skyscraper. Once completed, it would be nearly twice as tall as the Space Needle and overtake the neighboring 933-foot-tall Columbia Center as the tallest building in the Pacific Northwest.

“Everybody seems to need a 1,000-foot tower these days,” said Ron Klemencic, chairman and CEO of Magnusson Klemencic Associates (MKA), a Seattle-based structural engineering firm that advises developers on super-tower projects around the globe. “It seems like a fundamental shift. I don’t think it’s a fad.”

From Manhattan to Los Angeles, developers are building supertall towers that up until now were built mainly in the Middle East and Asia. They’ve been emboldened by insatiable demand for city living, skyrocketing downtown rents and ready capital from the globe’s wealthiest investors.

- Seattle about to enter elite skyscraper club | The Seattle Times

Default Re: Seattle Development

Awesome! I love, love, love Seattle. If only it wasn't so darn expensive. Talk about a city that is exploding with development. I think Denver is doing really well but it pales in comparison to what is going on in Seattle.

Thread Information