Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google car back in OKC

Default Google car back in OKC

I saw he Google car in OKC again on Saturday gassing up over at I-40 and MacArthur. Don't know if it was just passing through or getting the New I-40 and Devon.

2. Default Re: Google car back in OKC

I saw them back in September driving around between the CHK Arena and Devon. I wonder if they have updated the streets view or not.

Default Re: Google car back in OKC

Either they were passing through or was updating the I-40 streetviews. I don't think Devon is their main focus.

I saw a cat in the tree today.

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner View Post
    I saw a cat in the tree today.
    Was the Google car taking pictures of it? If not, it doesn't exist. LOL

I love the Google Car
    The Google Car is the coolest car ever.
    The Wraptor Ford Raptor Truck
    (in the Braum's parking lot)
    was the coolest truck ever.

Wish I'd had a camera.

Who drives the Google Car?
    A Google version of Alan Funt?

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    I love the Google Car
    The Google Car is the coolest car ever.
    The Wraptor Ford Raptor Truck
    (in the Braum's parking lot)
    was the coolest truck ever.

Wish I'd had a camera.

Who drives the Google Car?
    A Google version of Alan Funt?
    what are you on?

Whatever made me not see
    the cat in the tree today.
    (Post #4) =)

That's funny cause I saw a dog in the gutter...

....... (<not said stuff) LOL!!!^

go . . . figure. =)

(for RedRunner: Alan Funt was the producer and host of The Original Candid Camera . . .
    take it from there. Eventually he, Alan, was as lame as an apparantly dead dog in a gutter.
    Your cat quip made me appreciate the Wonders of Google and understated humor simultaneously.
    I apologize for any misunderstanding.
    Allow me to offer a word of advice:
    Original Disneyland (AlamedaCA=Long Lines. Don't go expecting fun.
    GoogleCar . . .what can I say.
    We were blessed by its visit. =)

Or else . . . =(

How long do you think it will take for them to update their images in downtown Oklahoma City? Google maps has street views of OKC from the winter of 2009 and it looks horrible

Spotted it at 7th and Hudson on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBoy18 View Post
    How long do you think it will take for them to update their images in downtown Oklahoma City? Google maps has street views of OKC from the winter of 2009 and it looks horrible
    From the current coverage map it looks like they go on almost all of the public roads, you could probably get the interstates, citywide grid and downtown streets in a few days but doing every neighborhood road will take months. It seems like it would make sense to do major roads, retail centers and new subdivisions on a separate update cycle from older residential areas. Though part of this update is apparently going to a higher resolution image, not just a refreshing of what is present.

I posted this on another thread not too long ago, but Google Maps has updated HD images of the Academy store in Edmond. Looks like they drove around the parking lot and around Rib Crib. It leaves me to think more updates are on the way. If you want to check it out for yourself, just drop the pin anywhere in the Academy parking lot.

It is a little surprising they took the time to do every every lane in the parking lots

I read that some parts of Mustang cannot be seen on any maps due to how fast that city is growing, I use to check google maps every now and then to see if they updated the satellite images, which they did in the summer but, The city still looked like it didnt grow

Quote Originally Posted by poe View Post
    I posted this on another thread not too long ago, but Google Maps has updated HD images of the Academy store in Edmond. Looks like they drove around the parking lot and around Rib Crib. It leaves me to think more updates are on the way. If you want to check it out for yourself, just drop the pin anywhere in the Academy parking lot.
    All of their updates for OKC and Tulsa streetviews should be posted by this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBoy18 View Post
    I read that some parts of Mustang cannot be seen on any maps due to how fast that city is growing, I use to check google maps every now and then to see if they updated the satellite images, which they did in the summer but, The city still looked like it didnt grow
    While I would not have doubted that a few years ago, it would be surprising if anywhere was still growing at the same pace today as just a couple years ago. There is still evidence of clearing land for subdivisions in that region though technically not Mustang, a lot of people will referee to the area that is OKC between Yukon and Mustang (which is where more of the growth has been) as Yukon or Mustang due to the school districts covering that area are Mustang but the mailing addresses are Yukon.

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    All of their updates for OKC and Tulsa streetviews should be posted by this summer.
    Nice. I'm really looking forward them!

Why cant they come to small towns and update their street views and satellites? My town has a satellite view that is from 2008, and a lot of landscaping has changed since then such as new athletic facilities and new neighborhoods, wish I could see them update it

Spotted it yesterday on NW 30th near May.

22. Default Re: Google car back in OKC

I've been standing in my front yard in a chicken suit every day for over two months now, waiting on that stupid car

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    I've been standing in my front yard in a chicken suit every day for over two months now, waiting on that stupid car
    hahahaha...thanks for the laugh. That was good!

The parking lot for the Home Depot at 59th and May has updated HD views.

25. Default Re: Google car back in OKC

I just drove past the google car on 23rd yesterday and I rolled down the window and made a funny face, hopefully I made it in time..

Thread Information