Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bob fm

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bob fm

Has anybody notice on BOB FM's website, that the jock page is empty, there is no names of the jocks anywhere, I wonder if they are, or thinking about switching formats in the near future.

Default Re: Bob fm

Bob-FM shares voice talent with KATT, KISS, WWLS, and KKWD. Chances our they are just voice tracking instead of using live talent.

Then again if they did change what would they change to? They failed miserably as a country station and as a soft rock/pop station. Now they are barely hanging on as a classic rock station.

If they switch to a top 40 station KJYO will just slaughter them the same way they did KKWD.

KTOK will kick their butts by switching over to the FM side.

That leaves only one possible option. Contemporary Jazz. The only station playing C-Jazz is CD 103.7. The signal is too weak so they might be able to pull some descent ratings.

To bad Lisa,Ron and toof left krxo they had it going on over there and after they went to bob seems it went to pieces. I always enjoyed listening to them over there, the national guys they have on there now just SUCK.

They still have jocks. Mostly it's Ron, he's on in the morning, was doing a lunchtime thing and now afternoons. They should call it RON-FM. As far as switching to Jazz, Citadel owned KTNT for awhile before they flipped it to Wild. Don't think they really want to go back to that. Numbers weren't that great, but the people who listened were quality white collar, professional, college grads. Sales department couldn't sell it. Advertisers want 25-54 year olds. According to them, anyone older is already set in their buying habits and brand loyalty, advertising won't sway them. My guess would be country (again)

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker34 View Post
    They still have jocks. Mostly it's Ron, he's on in the morning, was doing a lunchtime thing and now afternoons. They should call it RON-FM. As far as switching to Jazz, Citadel owned KTNT for awhile before they flipped it to Wild. Don't think they really want to go back to that. Numbers weren't that great, but the people who listened were quality white collar, professional, college grads. Sales department couldn't sell it. Advertisers want 25-54 year olds. According to them, anyone older is already set in their buying habits and brand loyalty, advertising won't sway them. My guess would be country (again)
    If Ron is on all the time they are most likely using voice tracking. Voice Tracking is pre-recorded so the station does have to pay on air talent to be on duty 24/7.

Most music stations are only live during Mornings, and afternoon drive time. The rest of the day is voice tracked.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker34 View Post
    Sales department couldn't sell it. Advertisers want 25-54 year olds. According to them, anyone older is already set in their buying habits and brand loyalty, advertising won't sway them.
    I'm not picking on you, Lurker. I just quoted your post because it refers to a very common way of thinking among media sales folks. A way of thinking that is wrong, IMHO. I think it's used as an excuse for "won't sell it" as opposed to "can't sell it". Granted, if you're talking about a specific brand of product, like drinking Coke instead of Pepsi, people tend to get set in their ways. But that's not age specific. That's just human nature. However, I think it's crazy to think that anyone older than 54 yrs. old isn't open to getting the best deal on furniture or cars...or might be willing to try a new restaurant, for example. FYI, I read an article a month or so back that said that tv programmers and advertisers are realizing that they've been screwing up by not thinking outside the 25-54 yr. old box. There's a huge market out there that has been underserved.

Here is what I have heard:

from 6am to 10am Stacy, Ron & Phil
    from 10am to 11am Stacy & Phil
    from 11a to 4p Jay Lynch (new guy??)
    From 4pm to 7pm Ron with Jeff Cooch who he calls "Weird Beard"

I know I am a nerd...I probably listen too much

Talking Re: Bob fm

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy's Big Toe View Post
    Here is what I have heard:

from 6am to 10am Stacy, Ron & Phil
    from 10am to 11am Stacy & Phil
    from 11a to 4p Jay Lynch (new guy??)
    From 4pm to 7pm Ron with Jeff Cooch who he calls "Weird Beard"

I know I am a nerd...I probably listen too much
    I like BOB FM..the music has gotten better as of late. Ron should stay in the afternoon...Phil & Stacy are better without him. I like Jay Lynch alot, I remember hearing him years ago on the KATT...a buddy told me once that he thinks "Lump" on the sports animal is actually Jay Lynch, dunno I don't listen to sports that much.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaPete View Post
    I like BOB FM..the music has gotten better as of late. Ron should stay in the afternoon...Phil & Stacy are better without him. I like Jay Lynch alot, I remember hearing him years ago on the KATT...a buddy told me once that he thinks "Lump" on the sports animal is actually Jay Lynch, dunno I don't listen to sports that much.
    Yes, Jay Lynch is Lump.

I think if they do switch formats, they should become a jazz/blues station, that will be okay, I think it will do well in OKC, also a another station that I believe that should switch is the Buzz, I mean, don't get me wrong, I like listening to the Buzz, but the rating had not improve, and I don't think the ratings are not going to get better, and I don't care for Lex and Terry.

Okay they are not going to switch formats not just yet that is, thanks for info Jimmy, maybe they ratings will get better for them.

I will say the music has suddenly gotten very good

Jay Lynch has been with Citadel for years. He has been off and the KATT as a permanent and fill-in/remote DJ for years.

One thing that frustrates me about Clear Channel is that they know how to program good rock stations. Just check their stations in the major market cities around the country. KMOD in Tulsa kicks the living crap out of the KATT as far as content and air talent is concerned. Not to mention they have Phil and Brent in the morning which is way funnier than any syndicated show. I do not understand why they do not apply the same style format for the Buzz or broadcast KMOD on both stations.

In my opinion, OKC Radio is on life support. It is almost like there waiting for everyone to switch to HD Radio before they do something to improve the content.

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post
    Jay Lynch has been with Citadel for years. He has been off and the KATT as a permanent and fill-in/remote DJ for years.

One thing that frustrates me about Clear Channel is that they know how to program good rock stations. Just check their stations in the major market cities around the country. KMOD in Tulsa kicks the living crap out of the KATT as far as content and air talent is concerned. Not to mention they have Phil and Brent in the morning which is way funnier than any syndicated show. I do not understand why they do not apply the same style format for the Buzz or broadcast KMOD on both stations.

In my opinion, OKC Radio is on life support. It is almost like there waiting for everyone to switch to HD Radio before they do something to improve the content.
    Radio has changed so much. All this stupid voice tracking and cookie-cutter BS. I live in Los Angeles now and I swear, you can't tell a Clear Channel station there from one anywhere else. Being in OKC for these couple of weeks, I have listened to some of the stations and they are all so stale. Give me XM/Sirius anytime. I get much of the same crap, but at least it's commercial free.

Prunepicker Guest

This may be a really stupid question, but, is Bob fm a radio station?

I think I've heard of this but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by solitude View Post
    Radio has changed so much. All this stupid voice tracking and cookie-cutter BS. I live in Los Angeles now and I swear, you can't tell a Clear Channel station there from one anywhere else. Being in OKC for these couple of weeks, I have listened to some of the stations and they are all so stale. Give me XM/Sirius anytime. I get much of the same crap, but at least it's commercial free.
    I have Sirius XM right now. The only reason I am keeping it is because of the talk radio talent I listen to that is currently not available in OKC..

Quote Originally Posted by solitude View Post
    Radio has changed so much. All this stupid voice tracking and cookie-cutter BS.
    what is voice tracking???? is that like a recording of some sort??

I was listening to BOB FM today via internet, and actually the music there playing sounds a lot better.

I have also noticed a lot of the full time guys like Phil & Jeff are working weekends...heard Phil on Sat morning and again this (sunday) afternoon.

I used to listen to BOB in the mornings, but I just got so tired of listening to the commercials for sex-related products and businesses. I just listen to my mp3 player now.

I haven't noticed...I usually just tune out during commercials

A little behind with this posting, but BOB FM certainly has changed their music selection. I don't know if it qualifies as a format change, but they are definitely playing some deeper, harder rock cuts.
    Then again, they're also still playing "Keep Your Hands to Yourself" on what seems like a daily basis.

23. Default Re: Bob fm

Try this:

Voice tracking, also called cyber jocking and referred to sometimes colloquially as a robojock, is a technique employed by some radio stations to produce the illusion of a live disc jockey or announcer sitting in the studios of the station when one is not actually present.
    Voice-tracking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by windowphobe View Post
    thanks for the info!

If Jay Lynch and "Lump" are the same person...why not just go by the name "Lump" on Bob???

Thread Information