Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mustang wants to annex OKC land

Mustang Mustang wants to annex OKC land

In the paper today it was stated that Mustang is debating about trying to annex land that currently OKC has. The land in question is South of SW89th street along SH4. The landowners apparently have already signed that they would be okay with this and since OKC doesn't have much of any infrastructure in this area, OKC's city manager has seemed receptive of the idea.

Of note apparently Yukon is in similar negotiations with OKC currently. Not sure what land is in question, but that may be a topic for another thread. Attached are the articles from the paper along with a quick map and idea of where this land is for reference.

Default Re: Mustang wants to annex OKC land

Because Mustang is sure running out of land to develop. That's what we need is giving more land to municipalities who's main source of revenue is tickets. I'm against this.

I wish multiple municipalities would annex parts of land from us. 600+ sq miles is just way too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Because Mustang is sure running out of land to develop. That's what we need is giving more land to municipalities who's main source of revenue is tickets. I'm against this.
    no one cares about where you can and can not speed. grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    I wish multiple municipalities would annex parts of land from us. 600+ sq miles is just way too big.
    agreed, just as long as it's not land that's providing good tax revenue

On the contingency that they agree to sign-on with the RTA...

7. Default Re: Mustang wants to annex OKC land

Of course you are.... Hey I have an idea on how we can save that Moore water tower you are so fond of.... You come and drive real fast around town until you get about $100k in speeding tickets and I'll go to the next City Council meeting and propose that source of revenue be used to save the tower.... It's a win-win for you. You get to drive fast and save the tower!

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    no one cares about where you can and can not speed. grow up.
    Where did I say I want to speed? You have no idea what I'm even talking about so think before you respond.

BTW, do you have something else to say about my points? Guessing not... It's just the typical "oh plupan just wants to speed" and blah blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Of course you are.... Hey I have an idea on how we can save that Moore water tower you are so fond of.... You come and drive real fast around town until you get about $100k in speeding tickets and I'll go to the next City Council meeting and propose that source of revenue be used to save the tower.... It's a win-win for you. You get to drive fast and save the tower!
    i have not received one speeding ticket from Mustang. I could care less about the Water Tower in Moore. Just more bs from you because you are a typical backwards Oklahoman who drives like a 80 grandma coming back from her eye doctor. Get out of here with that crap.

Moore doesn't want to retain their history? Fine with me. It's a crap place to live and with less history preserved it will be even Moore crap(see what I did there ).

Mustang wants to annex land when it hasn't even used the land it has and be like the rest of Oklahoma towns that are sprawled out with 2-4 lane country roads with single family houses butting the roads, fine by me. I never go those places unless I have to and when I do, you better believe I mind the speed limit vs. other cities where the police actually do police work and not hide behind signs like cowards.

Past history has no relevance to the future in this case with me and the fact that you attempted to say as much shows you have nothing else behind he same sh!t you spew every time.

It's laughable at best that your only argument here is I want this small stretch of 12sq. Miles to speed on and that's why I want this land to stay in OKC. Lol

Go back to posting about you little BBQ adventures.

Why? Why not establish a code that governs land use instead of getting rid of land we might need in the future to grow into?

We'll probably need it since half of the people on here don't want tall buildings and instead want smaller buildings that take up more space for urban infill.

I think one thing to note here is that the land in question hear is directly South of what is quickly becoming Mustang's main corridor of commerce. It has long been a neglected part of OKC (not the only though) and I'm for this. I think a lot of the suburbs should look at negotiating with OKC to annex land that is being underutilized. Most of the people in these areas don't consider themselves Oklahoma Citians anyways and spend most of their dollars in the suburbs, so really OKC isn't losing much IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I think one thing to note here is that the land in question hear is directly South of what is quickly becoming Mustang's main corridor of commerce. It has long been a neglected part of OKC (not the only though) and I'm for this. I think a lot of the suburbs should look at negotiating with OKC to annex land that is being underutilized. Most of the people in these areas don't consider themselves Oklahoma Citians anyways and spend most of their dollars in the suburbs, so really OKC isn't losing much IMO.
    I understand what you're saying, but I think more is a good thing as long as you use it properly, which sometimes means not using it at all until you need it. If Mustang was completely built out, then I'd understand it a little better, but at this point, I think OKC would be wise not to get of land even if it's just small peices and keep it undeveloped for the next 100 years. We need to be smart about our planning.

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    agreed, just as long as it's not land that's providing good tax revenue
    Yeah for sure. There is just a lot of land that OKC has annexed for God know what reason and it doesn't really make sense.

I understand what you're saying, but I think more is a good thing as long as you use it properly, which sometimes means not using it at all until you need it. If Mustang was completely built out, then I'd understand it a little better, but at this point, I think OKC would be wise not to get of land even if it's just small peices and keep it undeveloped for the next 100 years. We need to be smart about our planning.
    The problem with what you are proposing with utilizing current land is that would at some point create sprawl in Mustang. By solidifying the corridor as 'the commerce' corridor, it helps keep development from going elsewhere. Now you can make the argument that just because it's OKC doesn't mean it can't be developed as commercial. The argument there is valid, but the people that want to develop want the development to benefit Mustang directly, not indirectly like what's happened in Yukon. OKC has plenty of land, and realistically aren't going to run out anytime soon, even by giving away some underutilized portions on the outskirts of their city limits.

Why? Why not establish a code that governs land use instead of getting rid of land we might need in the future to grow into?

We'll probably need it since half of the people on here don't want tall buildings and instead want smaller buildings that take up more space for urban infill.
    We will never grow into 600 sq miles.

It's leverage OKC has, and needs to get something out of it. Don't just give away land you'll never get back for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    It's leverage OKC has, and needs to get something out of it. Don't just give away land you'll never get back for nothing.
    What would Mustang have to give?

He suggested committing to being part of the RTA.

19. Default Re: Mustang wants to annex OKC land

Maybe a Braum's and/or a Wal-Mart? Oh, wait. We already have a bunch of those. Carry on...

Future happy Mustang residents that will venture to OKC from time to time. It would cost OKC a lot more to make this land useful because it has to expand the reach of all of its services.

We want our surrounding neighbors to be successful too.

He suggested committing to being part of the RTA.
    I don't know what RTA is.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Future happy Mustang residents that will venture to OKC from time to time. It would cost OKC a lot more to make this land useful because it has to expand the reach of all of its services.
    That's kind of a gimme. FWIW I live in OKC, but do most all of my shopping in Mustang, for when I have to do anything else that's not within the city, I shop OKC. I'd say most around me are the same way.

I don't know what RTA is.
    Regional Transit Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Regional Transit Authority
    Yeah that's not going to happen.

Where did I say I want to speed? You have no idea what I'm even talking about so think before you respond.

BTW, do you have something else to say about my points? Guessing not... It's just the typical "oh plupan just wants to speed" and blah blah blah
    Because a lot of the time you post like a kid with spare time to troll the entire forum with wildly opposing view points. You don't need to state "I want to speed," you make it pretty clear by humble bragging all over the place about "going 100mph safely" and griping about slow drivers (I get it, I speed too and hate the people driving 10 below).

Thread Information