Widgets Magazine

Thread: Cowboy Chicken

Default Cowboy Chicken

This place has excellent wood fire rotisserie chicken! Smoked with apple wood and hickory. They have great sides too! Current expansion to OKC and Atlanta!

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/r...ze-by-2018.ece

2. Default Re: Dallas Casual Fast Food Cowboy Chicken big expansion coming to OKC.

Still room for more chicken places in Moore. We only have about 50 of them now.

Default Re: Dallas Casual Fast Food Cowboy Chicken big expansion coming to OKC.

Any one know where in OKC this is going? My wife and I have been hoping for one of these, because it is different from all of the other chicken places in that they serve rotisserie chicken instead of fried chicken/chicken strips. If they build one in Edmond, I'll be there probably weekly.

I wish Pollo tropical were coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Any one know where in OKC this is going? My wife and I have been hoping for one of these, because it is different from all of the other chicken places in that they serve rotisserie chicken instead of fried chicken/chicken strips. If they build one in Edmond, I'll be there probably weekly.
    According to their website, it is:

OKLAHOMA CITY
    13801 N. Pennsylvania Ave. Suite A
    Oklahoma City, OK, 73134

http://www.cowboychicken.com/locations/

That is one of the Quail Springs Mall out buildings.

13801 N Penn

This address is just to the east of Best Buy. Looks like it will be back some according to my research, but it will join Genghis Grill and SmashBurger which are both nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I wish Pollo tropical were coming here.

Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Still room for more chicken places in Moore. We only have about 50 of them now.
    Don't forget the chicken quad at 74th and South Western. KFC, Popeyes, Chick-Fil-A, and Grandy's

With KFC, Chicken Express, Chick-Fil-A, Popeye's, and Raising Cane's all in a line in Yukon, I'm waiting for Garth Brooks Boulevard to be renamed Chicken Street.

Looks like Cowboy Chicken will be taking the old RadioShack spot in the Quail Springs Village shopping center; Suite A is the one closest to the corner of NW 138th and N Penn.

Default Cowboy Chicken - Fast Casual Rotisserie Chicken (Memorial and Penn)

This is a DFW fast casual rotisserie chain opening next week next to Pier One Imports on the northwest side of Memorial and Penn.

With all the fried chicken chains which have invaded okc recently (Slim Chickens, Zaxbys, Rasing Cane's, etc) I think this a welcome addition. I'd take rotisserie chicken as long as its better tasting than grocery store rotisserie in a heartbeat over the fried stuff. Looking forward to trying it out next week.

https://www.facebook.com/CowboyChickenOKC/

Default Re: Cowboy Chicken - Fast Casual Rotisserie Chicken (Memorial and Penn)

I want Kenny Rogers back!

Quote Originally Posted by Paseofreak View Post
    I want Kenny Rogers back!
    Somewhere, an over-tanned Kramer is giving this comment a wings up.

well... this is where my mind went at least...

Quote Originally Posted by SSEiYah View Post
    This is a DFW fast casual rotisserie chain opening next week next to Pier One Imports on the northwest side of Memorial and Penn.

With all the fried chicken chains which have invaded okc recently (Slim Chickens, Zaxbys, Rasing Cane's, etc) I think this a welcome addition. I'd take rotisserie chicken as long as its better tasting than grocery store rotisserie in a heartbeat over the fried stuff. Looking forward to trying it out next week.

https://www.facebook.com/CowboyChickenOKC/
    Dang, I actually don't mind grocery store rotisserie chicken. Just as long as it wasn't too dry, I pretty much thought any of the grocery stores made a good rotisserie chicken

I had cowboys in frisco, and I thought it was kind of dry. Perhaps an off day? I wish it were Pollo Tropical

I know people have given the address, but for a better visual location, it's next to the Pier One on N Penn.

I don't mind pollo tropical but wish we got el pollo loco instead.

I think with a lot of people here liking texmex that pollo loco would do better in terms of meeting regional tastes.

Pollo tropical seems to have more of a carribbean influence...

Default Re: Cowboy Chicken

Cowboy Chicken hatches Oklahoma expansion
    By: Molly M. Fleming The Journal Record February 3, 2017

OKLAHOMA CITY – Cowboy Chicken co-owners Daniel Kessinger and Cody Trammell swear their restaurant isn’t just another chicken place.

They would know. They met when they were working for a different quick-service chicken restaurant. But their restaurant at 13801 N. Pennsylvania Ave. is fast-casual, and the chicken isn’t fried.

“All our protein comes from the rotisserie chickens,” said Kessinger. “Our fryer is used for our hand-cut fries, chips, and corn fritters. Frying is not a major aspect of what we’re doing.”

The chickens are seen turning away on the rotisserie as soon as the customer walks in the door. The roasting wood smell fills the air outside the restaurant. There are 15 side dishes available as well, all made in-house each day.

“I think once people come in and try it, they’ll recognize the value it brings,” he said.

Trammell is a native of Texas, which is where the company’s headquarters is located. He moved to Oklahoma City to operate the store and look for another site. Kessinger still lives in Texas. Bryan Neal is also a partner.

Trammell, Kessinger, and Neal compose the Southern Fired Hospitality Group. The franchisees have to open 10 Cowboy Chickens by 2021. Their territory rights include the Oklahoma City metro, Enid, and Lawton. They have the right of refusal to the entire state.

Kessinger and Trammell said they looked at other restaurant franchise operations, but Cowboy Chicken had a good corporate support system. There are not a lot of competitors, with Boston Market the only similar concept. There are no Boston Markets in Oklahoma.

Cowboy Chicken’s brand manager, Stephanie Newman, said it made sense for the company to expand into Oklahoma because there’s a lot of customer crossover from Texas.

“I get at least five Facebook followers every day that tell me to come to Oklahoma,” she said. “I think we have a product that’s not in a lot of markets. We have an open canvas.”

Oklahoma City’s store is the fifth with the company’s new branding. The messaging hadn’t been updated extensively since the 1980s. The bright orange and brown clean logo is ready for the company’s expansion into new markets.

“When we looked at becoming a national chain, we wanted to make sure we were competitive in the market and we were telling the best possible story,” Newman said.

Southern Fired’s first store opens Monday, but soon Trammell and Kessinger will have to find another site. Kessinger said a second store has to open within a year. The restaurants are designed for retail center-end caps, measuring about 2,500 square feet, with a patio area.

22. Default Re: Cowboy Chicken

We ate there on Saturday for their VIP night. The food was great. Everything is made fresh. Seems to be a more healthy option for chicken. The twice baked potatoes and home made Mac & Cheese were also great. The home made peach cobbler was amazing although not the most healthy thing that I could have eaten. I will definitely be back!

Default Re: Cowboy Chicken

Just Left from there. That is some damn good, tender chicken. It tasted smoked. I got a 1/4 white meat. The wing on it tasted like a rib almost. Meat just falling off the bone. Trying to eat healthy so I got green beans and corn. Green beans were delicious. 2 yr old daughter got Mac and cheese. She didn't finish so I tried it. Very sharp cheddar taste. Overall everything was delicious and I'll be back.

Thread Information