Widgets Magazine

Thread: Best car wash?

Default Best car wash?

Those drive-thru places are horrible. I always leave with water spots. Do any places hand-dry anymore?

Default Re: Best car wash?

Red Carpet at NWE and Penn and 63rd and May.

MadMonk Guest

I like the boomerang washes for quick and cheap washes. They do a much better job of cleaning than those no-touch places. Red Carpet does a great job, but it's a little expensive.

4. Default Re: Best car wash?

CCOKC, if this helps you, there is another one in MWC on Air Depot, next to the resurrected Grandy's.

Talking Re: Best car wash?

The best kind of car wash is where the local high school girls stand out in there bikinis and wash your car. Nice view also while waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby821 View Post
    The best kind of car wash is where the local high school girls stand out in there bikinis and wash your car. Nice view also while waiting
    Classy. It shouldn't be long before you hear Chris Hansen say "Why don't you take a seat over there."

Back to thread...Avoid the car wash on the corner of Robinson and 36th in Norman. The automatic bay snapped the mirror off of my car. It took over a year to be compensated for the damage.

7. Default Re: Best car wash?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby821 View Post
    I felt dirty just readin that. You're like 40.

Probably don't even put $1 in those girl's bikini straps when they're done either, do you.

8. Default Re: Best car wash?

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post

Probably don't even put $1 in those girl's bikini straps when they're done either, do you.
    Finally, someone said it! I was going to... I didn't want to get in trouble with the mods. lol

Boomerang's auto/drive thru do a great job for only $5 !
    and the free vacuums are nice & high powered, if you feel like doing SOME of the work

I've not had great experiences with the hands on (VIP car wash on 23rd & Mac)
    either its not up to my expectations $15-30 later, and I'm not skilled at politely asking them to do a better job -- or I'm missing some loose change from the console.

10. Default Re: Best car wash?

The Shell on the SE corner of Bricktown has a pretty decent automatic wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post

Why are y'all feeding the trolls?

And by the way, I'm with the OP...where are the real car washes? The ones where you hand over the keys, they do the work, and you get back a (mostly) sparkling clean car afterward? Yeah they're a little more expensive, but they don't trap dirt under the clear coat protectant sealcoat (or whatever they wanna call it), they don't leave water spots every where, and when you get back behind the wheel, it's completely dry (except for a dribble here or there, usually), and the windows are clean inside and out.

Has anyone been to that place on Memorial between Santa Fe and Western? It always looks so busy!

Man, I haven't seen one of those car washes in a long time (like, over a decade). I remember that the cleaners used to steal my mom's change.

I haven't had many good experiences with Red Carpet. I've only been to the one near Penn Square Mall and their staff is less than friendly to say the least. I went to the Fast Lanes car wash in Edmond last month and they did a great job and it was a few bucks less than Red Carpet.

14. Default Re: Best car wash?

Red Carpet is available in MWC on Air Depot. High demands!

Quote Originally Posted by raw98682 View Post
    Those drive-thru places are horrible. I always leave with water spots. Do any places hand-dry anymore?
    Hand Drying isn't good for your paint, unless they use microfiber towels or a synthetic chamois. Traditional cotton towels or leather chamois trap dirt thus causing minor scratches and swirls in your paint.

Quote Originally Posted by jsibelius View Post
    Why are y'all feeding the trolls?

And by the way, I'm with the OP...where are the real car washes? The ones where you hand over the keys, they do the work, and you get back a (mostly) sparkling clean car afterward? Yeah they're a little more expensive, but they don't trap dirt under the clear coat protectant sealcoat (or whatever they wanna call it), they don't leave water spots every where, and when you get back behind the wheel, it's completely dry (except for a dribble here or there, usually), and the windows are clean inside and out.

Has anyone been to that place on Memorial between Santa Fe and Western? It always looks so busy!

Yes, I used to use it fairly often. Great work, a little pricey though but you pay for the extra quality service compared to most places.

I liked Boomerrang at Reno & MacArthur, a cheap $5 wash, it's near wally & sam's, and since the touchless places never get my cars clean it was a good place. Now they raised their prices to something like $6,$8 & $12 (was like $5 $7 & $10)
    Sadly my last 2 trips left grease streaks on my windshields, & 1/2 the vaccumes don't work or missing their hoses, so I probably won't be returning.

I can't remember the name, but a new one at SW 104th & Penn(?) is a ride thru, and the upper level washes have hand drying at the end. They also have a higher priced system you give them car and wait for it ( I havne't done that one yet)

Thread Information