Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: State Fair Outing Proposal

1. Talking State Fair Outing Proposal

Hello all...

With the success of the first ever OKCTalk singles outing, I'd like to propose the next outing at the State Fair.

As previously posted, the State Fair runs from 9/15 thru 9/25. I'd like to propose a get together on 9/17, which is a Saturday. This is also the day of the OU-UCLA game in Pasadena, so there won't be an OU home game to get in the way. For you OSU fans, there is a game at 6pm in Stillwater against Arkansas State.

As for me, I'd like to go to the fair during the evening hours (and after the OU game - hehehe). So, what about meeting at the fair around 5:30-6:00pm?

All of this is preliminary, but it took us long enough to get the last get together organized, so I figured I'd post something now.

Discuss amongst yourselves....

Keith Guest

Default Re: State Fair Outing Proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid
    Hello all...

With the success of the first ever OKCTalk singles outing, I'd like to propose the next outing at the State Fair.

As previously posted, the State Fair runs from 9/15 thru 9/25. I'd like to propose a get together on 9/17, which is a Saturday. This is also the day of the OU-UCLA game in Pasadena, so there won't be an OU home game to get in the way. For you OSU fans, there is a game at 6pm in Stillwater against Arkansas State.

As for me, I'd like to go to the fair during the evening hours (and after the OU game - hehehe). So, what about meeting at the fair around 5:30-6:00pm?

All of this is preliminary, but it took us long enough to get the last get together organized, so I figured I'd post something now.

Discuss amongst yourselves....
    That does sound good...plus, this will give all of the singles time to clear their calendars for that day. I'll probably be out there anyway, since I volunteer for the police department at the safety center. I'll probably be working in the dispatch office, dispatching calls out to the police at the fair, however, during the shift, we do get a break.

Good idea, Intrepid

Not sure if I'll be there yet but will probably have a better idea in a week

4. Default Re: State Fair Outing Proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Keith
    . I'll probably be working in the dispatch office, dispatching calls out to the police at the fair, however, during the shift, we do get a break.
    Sweet... now we can raise a ruckus and go see Keith... haha.. I want to see him eat a funnel cake while driving down the midway in a golf cart.... haha! Good times!

5. Default Re: State Fair Outing Proposal

i'm not really a fan of the fair, but i will make an exception on a saturday.

6. Default Re: State Fair Outing Proposal

This a great idea. I have been a Fair Ambasador if there would be any intrest for some of us Volunteering at the information booth that day for a couple of hours we might generate some passes and it would be a good meeting spot.

7. Default Re: State Fair Outing Proposal

Is there a different Saturday? I found out earlier today, I may have a commitment on September 17.

8. Default Re: State Fair Outing Proposal

Quote Originally Posted by mranderson
    Is there a different Saturday? I found out earlier today, I may have a commitment on September 17.
    The next Saturday would be the 24th, next to the last day of the fair. There's no OU or OSU game that weekend. However, most of the good indoor exhibits are usually closed down by that weekend of the fair.

I sure wish they would bring back the 15-17 day fair again. I realize that's a lot of days, but it sure made planning more convenient.

9. Default Re: State Fair Outing Proposal

So what's the story here, singles? Are we gonna do the state fair thing or what? We'd better get to planning....it's gonna be here and gone before you know it.

10. Cool Re: State Fair Outing Proposal

Wed. I will have an idea about passes and an OKCTalk banner location which will probaly be an Info Booth and a great meeting place.

Keith Guest

One of you needs to take the ball and start running with it and plan the outing. Not everyone's schedule will be the same, so some of the singles will be able to go, and some won't. I'll be working at the State Fair Safety Center with the police dept. in their dispatch office and in their booking area, so I will not be available.

You don't have much time, so get your ideas out there, and find out who can or can not go.

12. Default Re: State Fair Outing Proposal

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdaisy
    So what's the story here, singles? Are we gonna do the state fair thing or what? We'd better get to planning....it's gonna be here and gone before you know it.
    I will have my daughter with me this weekend, but should be able to do a Saturday evening outing. I'll know more later in the week.

13. Default Re: State Fair Outing Proposal

So has this idea fizzled out? Is the rain slowing us down? I think I could make this Saturday afternoon/evening outing.

14. Default Re: State Fair Outing Proposal

Quote Originally Posted by kellekokid
    So has this idea fizzled out? Is the rain slowing us down? I think I could make this Saturday afternoon/evening outing.
    As any native Oklahoma Citian knows, the rain and state fair is like Dub Richardson Ford. it goes "hand in hand."

15. Default Re: State Fair Outing Proposal

true dat kinda like the arts festival if there has been a dry spell you can count on that bringing on the rain.

16. Default Re: State Fair Outing Proposal

I could do this Saturday afternoon/evening, too!

How about next Saturday, or better, any weeknight, if only for a couple of hours. C'mon singles, Don't make me miss a third outing.

Or if anyone wants to just go with me any evening...stroll, talk, eat some fair food? PM me.

I"ll tell ya what.....I'm taking my son sometime this weekend....Rides, games, pig races, etc.

But, I'm going to go on Wednesday without my son, less crowded, exhibits, fair food, etc. Anyone who wants to be there too, reply here, please. I'll find a fair map and give a location to meet very soon. But naturally, I won't wait there if I get no replies.

Come on folks!

OK, Let's meet at Gate 3 is on the Southeast corner (lower right :spin: ). Link to map below. I can meet there anytime 6:00pm or later, Wednesday, Sep 21. Reply with the best time for you. I'll be there at the most popular time. I can give others my cell number to catch up or let us catch up if you're there earlier.http://www.oklahomastatefair.com/ima..._FINAL_000.jpg

20. Default Re: State Fair Outing Proposal

Well drat! I can't do the Wednesday thing cause the one other person I work with on 2nd shift is on vacation next week...leaves me the lonley girl working alone~~if you all make it on Wed. night have a gyro for me...oh and an ear of corn, a turkey leg and a funnel cake and a cinnamon roll for the road! Hmmm ya think I should use the word "or" instead of "and"??

The fair....a once-a-year gorge fest......and thanksgiving, and christmas, and my b'day, and your b'day, and Saturdays, and BBQs.........Let's eat! Count me in!

22. Default Re: State Fair Outing Proposal

Unfortunately I will be unable to attend this weekend. My finances just will not allow it.

Sorry

23. Default Re: State Fair Outing Proposal

So we're not going to the fair tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon? Are we going to attempt the following Saturday instead?

24. Default Re: State Fair Outing Proposal

I might be able to do a mid-week outing or next Saturday. Just depends on how next week goes.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdaisy
    So we're not going to the fair tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon? Are we going to attempt the following Saturday instead?
    Daisy, I would have gone tomorrow but I have my boy this weekend. I intended to go on a weeknight anyway, and still will, so I suggested Wednesday with a time and meeting location. I love the fair and I know that I will go several times. So if you want next Saturday also, I'll try to make that too, barring any unforeseen. But I'll be there Wednesday, either way. Sorry if I stepped on your toes.

Now for the rest of you, come on! I was there tonight. It's about the best as I have ever seen it, very clean an well organized and lots of law inforcement watching for potential thugs. Let's go folks! It's just some folks! There are 100,000 others there whom you DON'T know from OKC Talk.

FYI I will be there tomorow, with son and other friends with children.

Thread Information