Widgets Magazine

Thread: Worst road in okc area ???

Default Worst road in okc area ???

My vote is for penn between 2nd street in edmond to 33rd street. I dont really know the numbers on the street when it turns to OKC. Dont get me wrong I love testing out the suspension on my car, makes me feel like i'm in a rally race. But sometimes I feel as if I need to put my mustang into 4 wheel low to get down the road haha.

Default Re: Worst road in okc area ???

In OKC numbers, that would be 178th Street (2nd/Edmond Road) and 33rd (150th Street).

Yes, it is pothole city. After the winter storm, even the potholes had potholes.

I believe it will soon be widened, so they are not making too many reparations to it at this time, just continuing to fill the potholes.

Try driving 164th (15th Edmond) between Penn and Western. Another doozy.

3. Default Re: Worst road in okc area ???

Time to de-annex some land and give it to Edmond, I say.

You do that and then folks like me who are in the "middle zone" (Edmond zip code and schools, but OKC utilities) can't vote YES in the March 4 and similar future initiatives!!!

So there is a middle zone? I was wondering how that worked, with housing editions saying edmond schools, but were in okc

6. Default Re: Worst road in okc area ???

2nd Street and Western is a lot of fun - a full intersection without traffic lights - and with a large school nearby. But to recreate the experience of enjoying a Sunday afternoon drive in war-torn Iraq, is there a better candidate than NW 164 between Penn and Western?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    2nd Street and Western is a lot of fun - a full intersection without traffic lights - and with a large school nearby. But to recreate the experience of enjoying a Sunday afternoon drive in war-torn Iraq, is there a better candidate than NW 164 between Penn and Western?

HA! That would be a HUMVEE-only zone. Any compact or sub-compact is likely to fall through any one of the multiple holes or cracks along this miserable mile. I challenge anyone to find an OKC street as bad.

8. Default Re: Worst road in okc area ???

But to recreate the experience of enjoying a Sunday afternoon drive in war-torn Iraq, is there a better candidate than NW 164 between Penn and Western?
    lol... That is the winner hands down!
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

9. Default Re: Worst road in okc area ???

I-40 crosstown will shake the fillings out of your teeth.

Oh Geez, try SWth 25 between Western and Robinson.

11. Default Re: Worst road in okc area ???

NE 36th westbound from Kelley to Lincoln. The left lane has patches on patches, discontinuities, and frost heaves. The right lane is even worse.

12. Default Re: Worst road in okc area ???

Quote Originally Posted by Redskin 70 View Post
    Oh Geez, try SWth 25 between Western and Robinson.
    No thanks, I'll keep my rims.

I would say the worst road is S. Western south of 134th all the way to Norman. When you get to the intersection at 149th and Western you may wait for a while before you get to the stop sign. They have tried to patch the road, but all they have done is make speed bumps. Hopefully they will start soon on making Western a four lane soon.

14. Default Re: Worst road in okc area ???

Quote Originally Posted by bkm645 View Post
    I would say the worst road is S. Western south of 134th all the way to Norman. When you get to the intersection at 149th and Western you may wait for a while before you get to the stop sign. They have tried to patch the road, but all they have done is make speed bumps. Hopefully they will start soon on making Western a four lane soon.
    agreed. this used to be the fast way from south okc to norman to avoid the I-35 traffic jam. not anymore.

S 149th from Meridian to MacArthur
    Macarthur from 134th to 149th

I picked Penn north of 150th before I even opened this thread. I didn't expect it to be the first mention...or did I...

You think OKC roads are bad, try downtown Tulsa. Horrible.

NW 30th between Walker & Classen.. they cut the hole in the road for whatever reason and just left it without cones or anything around it today! A friend bottomed out going over it and was very po'd.

portland from south 59th all the way to i guess 104th or so on, that road when it was opened last year was like blaying dodgeball, it was a game everytime i went down that road oh and when it rained it was very tricky you never knew which pot hole was the deepest and you have to hit one of them to get across

Try Portland from 149th to 134th sometime.

As of rush hour yesterday and a couple of months ago we know that it should truly be the Crosstown. Yet they still say it will open in 2012. You think they'd hurry it up since it had only been, now, 2 months since the last chunk fell outta the bottom! Who wants to place bets now on whether or not a car goes through before the new route is built? Takers? Anyone?

22. Default Re: Worst road in okc area ???

NE 10th Street from OU Health Science Campus to Sooner Road. Too many potholes, train tracks, people walking in the road, and in some places too narrow!
    When it rains it pours... but when the blessings come they overflow!

Thread Information