Widgets Magazine

Thread: Upscale stores & restaurants at Spring Creek

Default Upscale stores & restaurants at Spring Creek

Upscale stores, restaurants to join Starbucks in Edmond's 'lifestyle retail center,' Spring Creek Village
    by Kevan Goff-Parker
    The Journal Record
    3/15/2006

EDMOND - If coffee loves company, then the Starbucks at SE 15th Street and Bryant Avenue in Edmond will soon have plenty of upscale neighbors to share coffee talk with. Five new tenants have signed leases with the newly opened Spring Creek Village.

Mark Inman, first vice president, C.B. Richard Ellis, said the new clients that signed leases at the Class A lifestyle retail center include Bath Junkie, Fish City Grill, Louie's, Legacy Bank and Ballenger's Furniture.

"Starbuck's just moved in, and our primary construction is now complete," Inman said.

He said the shopping center has good exposure because it is located in a higher-income-bracket area in the Oklahoma City metro. The 62,000-square-foot center is owned by Charles Ballenger and the Ballenger Brothers LLC. Coppermark Bank financed the project.

Spring Creek Village's leasing rates are $20 to $22.50 per square foot, and the occupancy rate is 25 percent. Inman said the property includes an out-parcel for lease or for build-to-suit.

"The price is on the high end, but there's a lot of prestige to go with this shopping center," he said. "We're selective of the tenants we are letting in. We're looking for upscale retail or (shopping) mall-image retail. We've turned a lot of people away, but we should have some more leases signed this week."

One client Inman didn't turn away was Starbucks. Dale Voss, district manager for Starbucks in Oklahoma, said the new Starbucks, which opened March 3 at the retail center, is one happy customer.

"One of the things we always do is to find the spot in town that we believe is suitable for our guests," Voss said. "We have two other stores in Edmond that do very well, and we try to kind of blossom out as we grow to make it convenient for our customers."

He said Starbucks' newest home in Edmond is centered in what Voss describes as a blossoming area in Edmond.

"This is a cafe store and has a little more space, and it is a place to go and sit," he said. "Traffic has been good, and the shopping center has a good feel to it. We were able to get a corner spot, which is really inviting, and we believe it is going to be a destination spot."

Patrick Guest

Default Re: Upscale stores & restaurants at Spring Creek

Hmmmm...what happened to the Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma, Balliets, BC Clark, Saks 5th Avenue, etc? LOL! Just joking. The Oklahoman writer that stated those stores were coming there obviously didn't have his/her facts straight.

3. Default Re: Upscale stores & restaurants at Spring Creek

Sounds like it was pure speculation on behalf of the staff writer. That should not be permissible in a publication, and that staff writer should have been specific that those potential tenants were speculative ideas of who should lease space at Spring Creek Village.
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

4. Default Re: Upscale stores & restaurants at Spring Creek

I hadn't seen this article. I went by there today and looked at building permits in the windows and thought I had a scoop about Ballenger's, Louie's, and Legacy Bank.

www.bathjunkie.com

http://www.fishcitygrill.com/
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Drove by the other day. This development is just about complete and the stores are filling up fast. I noticed Ballengers is already moved in the large anchor spot in the middle, Starbucks is open as well as a few other stores which names escape me right now. Louie's restaurant is almost complete as well.

Fish City Grill just opened its doors here. Lucca, an upscale clothing company also in Penn Square mall, will be expanding to Spring Creek Village.

Will it be on the second floor? Oh, sorry, that's Luka.

Not sure, I'm not familiar with Luka, if you're referring to Lucca the clothing store, I'm not sure where it will be located in the shopping center, just that it is coming.

just caught that one ksearls...good one...annoying song about Luka on the second floor

Glad you got it easy180! I guess you are old too!

11. Default Re: Upscale stores & restaurants at Spring Creek

Here's a place I'd like to see come to Bricktown if not somewhere in OKC:

http://www.anthropologie.com/

Sorry, guys...just a store for the ladies
    Still corrupting young minds

12. Default Re: Upscale stores & restaurants at Spring Creek

After seeing a "now open" ad in the Gazette, a couple weeks ago my parents and I went to try Fish City Grill only to be walking in on a meeting of their new wait staff. Apparently they weren't open yet. Somebody's advertising agency's in trouble.

So we went to Louie's instead and had a good experience there.

I haven't posted here in forever, mainly because I don't live in Oklahoma anymore, but I was posed to return to see what was being said about Spring Creek. I'm an architectural designer for Gap Inc. in San Francisco and cannot help but nose around the real estate deals to see what's going on with store development in OK.

Yesterday I found a negotiation packet for BR to locate at Spring Creek. Looks like the deal is in the initial (and possibly unsure) stages, but if it goes through it would probably not be open until Q3 2007. Dunno if that is appealing to anyone, but wanted to raise an eyebrow.

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kielaaron View Post
    I haven't posted here in forever, mainly because I don't live in Oklahoma anymore, but I was posed to return to see what was being said about Spring Creek. I'm an architectural designer for Gap Inc. in San Francisco and cannot help but nose around the real estate deals to see what's going on with store development in OK.

Yesterday I found a negotiation packet for BR to locate at Spring Creek. Looks like the deal is in the initial (and possibly unsure) stages, but if it goes through it would probably not be open until Q3 2007. Dunno if that is appealing to anyone, but wanted to raise an eyebrow.
    I can fully see that. A BR would fit well in that area. Thanks for the update.

15. Default Re: Upscale stores & restaurants at Spring Creek

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I can fully see that. A BR would fit well in that area. Thanks for the update.

What is a "BR?"

"BR" = Brown rabbit.

lol. just kidding, please tell us, what is BR?

I'm assuming Banana Republic which is affiliated with Gap.

18. Default Re: Upscale stores & restaurants at Spring Creek

This would be an excellent location for a second metro area Banana Republic. Kielaaron, do you know if it was Spring Creek Village or Spring Creek Plaza? The Plaza is older and has the more well-known chains like Talbots, Jos. A Bank, White House Black Market, and Ann Taylor. Spring Creek is across the street and could use some more "name companies" to draw people into some of the local places. It's equally as upscale of a shopping center. I assume it is SCV because, SCP is pretty much full.

Oh gosh I can't remember which... if I can remember I'll try to look back into which Spring Creek it is, and actually I have a report I left on my desk Friday night that will say which it is.

My team is finalizing designs for new Gaps at Quail and Penn this week. Very very fun to work on stores I used to work in. I believe that Banana at Penn is remodeling new in '07 as well. Old Navys at Belle Isle and Quail are remodeling in '07 too. I forgot about those as well. We're gonna be sinking some $$ into OKC area construction in 2007...

20. Default Re: Upscale stores & restaurants at Spring Creek

Will these be remodels or relocations within the mall? Quail has been having a lot of remodels with both AE and Buckle temporarily relocating while their stores remodeled. AE just opened and is twice as big.

These are each remodel-in-place projects. This is probably something like a $5.5m investment.

Thread Information