Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roxy's Ice Cream Social

1. Food Truck Roxy's Ice Cream Social

Happened upon this food truck by accident while seeking out another food truck for lunch (Grouchy Sam's). They were parked next to each other, so after lunch we decided to try some ice cream.

Their food truck is really fun looking and you can tell a lot of effort and expense went into it. The girl working the truck was another great feature - she was all smiles, very friendly and offered samples of any flavor we wanted to try.

The menu is pretty simple..... several flavors of homemade (that's what the girl said, even though it doesn't make that claim on the truck) ice cream that is served in a cone, cup or as a sandwich between two fresh baked cookies.

The wife and I each had a single dip cone of cookies-n-cream. It was good.... REALLY GOOD. So good in fact, we literally went back for a second cone. I've NEVER done that at any other ice cream place.

Can't wait to try more flavors and as a sandwich.

They have a Facebook..... https://www.facebook.com/IceCreamOKC

And a Twitter account.... https://twitter.com/#!/IceCreamOKC

Default Re: Roxy's Ice Cream Social (food truck)

I had one of the ice cream cookie sandwiches last week and it was to die for. I asked about the cookies because they looked familiar and was told that they come from Someplace Else Deli.

That's a nice looking truck. I've never seen it around.

It is cute, and it's full of ice cream. What's not to love?

Just add a clown or 2...

6. Default Re: Roxy's Ice Cream Social (food truck)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    Just add a clown or 2...
    Clowns are scary!

Sorry Brain...I debated that one as I know that some folks feel that way...I didn't until Poltergeist and that Steven King story...

8. Default Re: Roxy's Ice Cream Social (food truck)

Quote Originally Posted by bbatesokc View Post
    clowns are scary!
    x2

Have to laugh about clowns. My momma used to collect them. In turn, her boys presented her with clowns at almost every opportunity. The house was chock full, and as these things sometimes go, every so often, a clown here or there did have a bit of creepy factor. She kept the creepers in one part of the house, or tried to. Somehow, every so often one or three of these clowns seemed to find their way to other locations in the house. When she had dealt with a creeper being where it ought not be one too many times, all the creepers went to clown jail ... though sometimes one managed to break out, sometimes with a friend. It's a good thing momma loved us more than the creepers creeped her, or we might not have survived.

10. Default Re: Roxy's Ice Cream Social (food truck)

Right now their special flavor is Peaches-N-Cream. It is literally to die for. So good in fact, after having a cone I prepaid for two pints and had them put my name on them and hold them until after work. I then ran by and got them and took them as a host gift at a dinner we were invited to. The hostess served the ice cream in a dish with Champagne of it - WOW!

Went back today (truck parked at Memorial and Western) and got the wife and I more scoops of the peaches and Cream. Get it before its gone!

Does it have a regular spot? Is there any directory or sage advisor for food trucks in OKC?

12. Default Re: Roxy's Ice Cream Social (food truck)

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya61 View Post
    Does it have a regular spot? Is there any directory or sage advisor for food trucks in OKC?
    Like most food trucks, it moves around and shows up at special events etc. It was serving FREE ice cream before each of the first 2 final round NBA games. First night in the parking lot of Adams & Associates and the second in front of the Harkins theatre.

Its out today I believe its at 9th and Walker until 6pm today.

They Tweet their location and you can invite them to special events.

Yes, it's called Twitter. There is also a food truck directory, but I forget the name.

Found 'em on Twitter and Facebook. Found the truck Saturday. Had the bbates-recommended peaches and cream (liked it a lot) and tried my daughter's lemon flavor (it was fantastic - so much better than a traditional sherbet). Found a food truck thread on this board, too!

15. Default Re: Roxy's Ice Cream Social (food truck)

Love this video and really love Roxy's.

This is the one truck with the whole package.

^

That is an awesome vid and I'm anxious to try their ice cream!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

That is an awesome vid and I'm anxious to try their ice cream!
    Their ice cream is awesome (salted caramel), and the owners seem really nice. The main reason we go to H&8th.

18. Default Re: Roxy's Ice Cream Social (food truck)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomPaine View Post
    Their ice cream is awesome (salted caramel), and the owners seem really nice. The main reason we go to H&8th.
    Same here. We've had them serve up ice cream at several private and public events - always a hit. The owners are very genuine.

I'm one of those 'crazy' people who love the salted carmel!

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Same here. We've had them serve up ice cream at several private and public events - always a hit. The owners are very genuine.

I'm one of those 'crazy' people who love the salted carmel!
    We stood in line in the rain one evening, and grabbed our cones and sprinted back to our cars. Great times. I hope they do well, and I'm glad to hear you used them for "catered" ice cream.

20. Default Re: Roxy's Ice Cream Social (food truck)

I loved their pistachio when they had it. Last several times we've found them they haven't had it.

Don't they also sell their ice cream out of a store in Edmond?

Don't they also sell their ice cream out of a store in Edmond?
    I hope they do. I wonder if it is Uptown Grocery? Still more fun to get it from the owners in the truck though...

Found out where (there is a store that sells their ice cream in pints): Supper Thyme in Edmond (at least as of last year).

Default Re: Roxy's Ice Cream Social

They are getting close on the brick and mortar location (from their FB page):

Default Re: Roxy's Ice Cream Social

So I can get a slice at Empire, walk down to Pie Junkie for a slice there, and walk back to Roxy's to put ice cream on it. I think I can make that work.

Thread Information