Widgets Magazine

Thread: Royal Bavaria - Moore

Default Royal Bavaria - Moore

Went to Royal Bavaria for dinner last night. The food was great. There werent many people in there but you can tell when that place is full I am betting it is a fun atmosphere. If you havent been there I would highly recommend giving it a shot.

Royal-Bavaria - Home

Default Re: Royal Bavaria Brauhaus

Very good place, we try to stop there once every fall/winter when we are up there.

I went there once about ten years ago and enjoyed it. I sat at a communal table with a pharmacist and his son. Good food and atmosphere from what I remember.

Bigray in Ok

I'm happy to read the good words. Husband and I go to a little German restaurant near our place in Virginia and will really miss it when we leave. Great staff and we go often enough that they all know us. We are going for our last time, this weekend, and they have been really sweet and promised to put us by the fireplace. When we were there a couple of weeks ago, most of the staff came out and hugged us in case they weren't working the next time (and last time) we came in.

I've been looking online for a german place in OKC. I expect it would take years to build up that kind of relationship but sure am happy that there is a place that offers similar food. If anyone can offer a comparison, I'd be interested in knowing how any other German restaurants in the area compare.

It's not my fav type of food, but for this type, you'll be glad when you visit.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyQuilts View Post
    I'm happy to read the good words. Husband and I go to a little German restaurant near our place in Virginia and will really miss it when we leave. Great staff and we go often enough that they all know us. We are going for our last time, this weekend, and they have been really sweet and promised to put us by the fireplace. When we were there a couple of weeks ago, most of the staff came out and hugged us in case they weren't working the next time (and last time) we came in.

I've been looking online for a german place in OKC. I expect it would take years to build up that kind of relationship but sure am happy that there is a place that offers similar food. If anyone can offer a comparison, I'd be interested in knowing how any other German restaurants in the area compare.
    In OKC, there's also Ingrid's Kitchen, a German restaurant/bakery/deli. I usually get the schnitzel plate..comes with red cabbage and sauerkraut. There's also Old Germany in Choctaw. It's east of OKC.

Thanks. I never thought I would like German food (too heavy) but I have kind of gotten a taste for it.

That website is 1990s web design. Anyways, how does this compare to Ingrids? It's the only other German place I've been to in Oklahoma.

Royal Bavaria is more of a family dinner place and beer hall while Ingrids is more like a deli with German plate lunches. Although Ingrids now stays open later it is more like a lunch or breakfast place to me. I like Ingrid's pastries and the pies and cakes look really good.

Bigray in Ok

We ate Thanksgiving dinner at Ingrid's.

There is also Castle Falls at 820 N. MacArthur which is pretty good.

Agreed, Ingrids is more of a breakfast/lunch place....I go there quite often since it is close to my house. So good, their bread is great. Going back to royal bavaria tomorrow night, cant wait....And call me crazy but I think I am looking foward to the brussel sprouts the most.

i love their beers.

I'll have to check it out. We moved here from Germany in November and have been jonesing for some German food.

Went last night after a 2 yr layoff and it was just as good as I remembered

The breadbasket with pretzels is a great choice for appetizer...Had the sauerbraten (roast beef) with red wine gravy

Their micro brewed beers are also excellent especially their Hef and Octoberfest

Gotta try this place out if you haven't been before

We haven't been to Royal Bavaria in a very long time, but every visit in the past is remembered fondly: Good food, good service and good atmosphere. Good beer too.

We used to LOVE The Keller in the Castle (that became Castle Falls, which apparently has become more of an "events center" than a restaurant(?)) and I would list it--The Keller--as one of the Old Business we hated seeing going away. One of the most perfect meals that I ever ate was at The Keller.

Haven't tried Ingrid's, but I've never heard a bad word spoken about it so it's definitely on the "To-Do" list.

Ate at Old Germany--many times--back when it first opened (in the 70's?). Now it's a bit too far away from where I live--and a bit too "spendy"--but you probably still get what you pay for so it probably isn't a poor value.

Just for a change of pace, might give them a try. The website mentions the buffet for $16 (same price as the entrees listed), does anyone know what is on the buffet, hours etc? I didn't see any detailed info on the site but may have missed it.

Thread Information