Widgets Magazine

Thread: Interior Painting

Default Interior Painting

Does anyone here have any recommendations for an interior texturing and painting person? I can use a phone book or the newspaper, but was wondering if anyone had anyone they could vouch for.

Thanks!

Default Re: Interior Painting

Don't do it yourself. We recently tried "staining" the office. We chose to 'stain' it brown. It just looked as if someone had wiped feces unevenly on the walls. Truly horrific.

I have no one to recommend as we just put a coat of solid green down over the botched job.

We did plenty of do-it-yourself jobs at our former house. We're ready to leave it to the professionals with our current home. However, with the first bid I received, I'm strongly considering doing a good portion of it myself.

Home Despot and Lowes occasionally have classes on texturing. You may want to give one of them a call and see when their next class is.

Patrick Guest

Those stores also have professionals they contract with that can do it for you. It's a lucky chance who you'll get though.

I've heard that Ray the Painter is pretty good. Not sure of his number. You might check the phone book.

My husband owns a professional drywall texture business. He can do it all. Send me a PM and I will give you more information.
    When it rains it pours... but when the blessings come they overflow!

7. Default Re: Interior Painting

Midtowner, that cracked me up! I tried to do a Venetian Texture in what turned out to be Baby ***t Brown.. a mustard colored concoction that looked just like you described but in a different hue! LOL
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Vile.

Thread Information