Widgets Magazine
Page 92 of 125 FirstFirst ... 428788899091929394959697 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 3102

Thread: Population Growth for OKC

Default Re: Population Growth for OKC

I think equating license plates to migration is not a valid indicator. Between a military base and several colleges you have out of state tags on cars not owned by residents. Then factor in the folks on 35 and 40 passing through and you have more non residents.

Just south of me in Edmond Tabor and a few other home builders are throwing up houses as fast as they can. I a little over month they were approved for another 1600 plus lots on top of what they already had. These homes are being occupied as soon as they are finished. There a other new housing additions going in in Edmond and building at the same break neck speed. Then this is northwest Okc doing the same and I would guess Yukon, Mustang, Piedmont, Moore Norman and other places also. Ok folks, who is buying all these houses? where did they live prior to buying them? are they moving from apartments? rent houses? Seems like there is also a rent house shortage from what I am hearing. ARe these folks coming from rural or other parts of Oklahoma? or could it be from other states. Just saying a lot and I mean a lot of new homes are being built. Lets talk about who is buying them. Just from what I am seeing, next Edmond census will show a large population increase. Will the other areas show like wise???

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Yeah, I think that Stillwater is very well positioned to capture any OKC/Tulsa spillover. OSU being there means that there will always be a decent amount of activity going on in the city proper, and then it’s only about an hour and 15 minute drive to either OKC or Tulsa, really not a big barrier at all on the weekends. I actually think ODOT should make it a decently high priority to upgrade the entirety of SH-51 to four lanes between Stillwater and the Keystone Dam.
    Both airports are what's an hour and 15 minutes away. Both downtowns are an hour away. Penn Square is an hour away.

44 Between OKC and Tulsa needs to be 6 lanes and 35 between OKC and TX state line needs to 6 lanes

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    44 Between OKC and Tulsa needs to be 6 lanes and 35 between OKC and TX state line needs to 6 lanes
    Turner to a full 6 lanes between okc and tulsa has already been announced and funded

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Turner to a full 6 lanes between okc and tulsa has already been announced and funded
    And it's going to be fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I rarely see California plates. The california migration is trumped up and grossly misrepresented. But what Do I know I just read the US census.gov numbers which are easily available on the website. I do see a lot of. Texaslates. . Arkansas maybe every few days. Maybe a Florida every few weeks.
    In Stillwater, the most likely out of state license plate to be seen is easily Texas. Probably next are Kansas and maybe California.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Oklahoma has been rebuilding the i35 bridges for years and what’s crazy is they aren’t building them for a future additional lane. You’d think it would be smart to make room for the additional lane now

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Oklahoma has been rebuilding the i35 bridges for years and what’s crazy is they aren’t building them for a future additional lane. You’d think it would be smart to make room for the additional lane now
    It looks like the most recent I-35 bridges have been built to be striped for three lanes each way in the future. ODOT already plans to widen I-35 to six lanes between the Texas state line to almost Marietta. I figure ODOT has long term plans to widen I-35 to minimum of six lanes from the Texas state line to SH-33 in Guthrie.

https://www.odot.org/cwp-8-year-plan...trict7_map.pdf

And as Boulder pointed out, I-44 will be a minimum of six lanes from I-35 to Claremore.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    And it's going to be fantastic!
    it really is .. the new section that is already completed and opened is the nicest stretch of highway in the state

11. Default Re: Population Growth for OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    It looks like the most recent I-35 bridges have been built to be striped for three lanes each way in the future. ODOT already plans to widen I-35 to six lanes between the Texas state line to almost Marietta. I figure ODOT has long term plans to widen I-35 to minimum of six lanes from the Texas state line to SH-33 in Guthrie.

https://www.odot.org/cwp-8-year-plan...trict7_map.pdf

And as Boulder pointed out, I-44 will be a minimum of six lanes from I-35 to Claremore.
    Regarding the I-44 to Claremore widening, the Tulsa paper has an article about doing this very thing.

"It also includes widening the 12-mile segment of the Will Rogers Turnpike between Claremore and the U.S. 412 interchange near Catoosa. The cost is $315 million.

it really is .. the new section that is already completed and opened is the nicest stretch of highway in the state
    I drove it a couple weeks ago and there were already lights out. Not sure why this state has such a problem keeping Highway lights on

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    I drove it a couple weeks ago and there were already lights out. Not sure why this state has such a problem keeping Highway lights on
    thieves

thieves
    I haven't noticed this on the same scale in other cities driving at night. Tulsa and OKC both have issues keeping their street and highway lights on.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    I haven't noticed this on the same scale in other cities driving at night. Tulsa and OKC both have issues keeping their street and highway lights on.
    I’ve been noticing it more and more in Las Vegas and LA now. I think OKC has gotten kinda better about it? The highways in OK seem better lit than they were several years back. But it’s still bad.

Interesting map showing urban-rural population change from 2020-21. The two big Oklahoma metro areas are really evident with big losses everywhere else. I think the growth coming to the Pryor area will start to better connect Tulsa to NWA

^ It looks to me the map indicates South East and Southern rural areas are gaining and not losing population.

Interesting, looks like the urban areas of Houston & Dallas as probably reached its tipping point, and people moving to the burbs.

Lots of people are moving to the suburbs. Cars and the suburban lifestyle is the future. Not mass transit and urban city living. This fantasy new urbanist have just isn’t playing out.

Lots of people are moving to the suburbs. Cars and the suburban lifestyle is the future. Not mass transit and urban city living. This fantasy new urbanist have just isn’t playing out.
    45+min commutes, lack of any kind of culture other than flat billed baseball caps,
    And the same pick up in every driveway, no restaurants that aren’t Applebees or Texas Roadhouse, a strip mall full of failed business that keep rotating of vapeshopes, then CrossFit gym, them Jiu jitsu, then a dispensary.
    I’ll take amenity and a short commute over that.

45+min commutes, lack of any kind of culture other than flat billed baseball caps,
    And the same pick up in every driveway, no restaurants that aren’t Applebees or Texas Roadhouse, a strip mall full of failed business that keep rotating of vapeshopes, then CrossFit gym, them Jiu jitsu, then a dispensary.
    Definitely, it is more expensive to live in city centers. There more low income people than high income people.

Lol keep telling yourself that

I'm with you PluPan. I'm in the burbs and can get anywhere in 25 minutes or less.

other then the commute none of the rest describes edmond or norman ..

I agree with lack of culture big time. What culture is in cookie cutter housing developments? Most housing developments in the suburbs have about 3 styles of houses. You have to drive a few miles just to get to a store. I can walk to get anything in 5 minutes.

To each is own but to say suburbs have culture compared to large urban areas is far reach. Edmond probably comes closer than any other suburb because Moore, Mustang, Yukon are devoid of any culture.

People move to the suburbs because it is cheaper.

Thread Information