Widgets Magazine
Page 92 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4287888990919293949596 LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 2384

Thread: Midtown

Default Re: Midtown

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    My understanding is the gunshots were fired outside but the argument started in Sunset.
    Thanks for the info. Both of these places need to be doing a better job.

Must be at the food hall?

308 NW 10th
    https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/...351903032.html
    Hiring Management for New Midtown Pizza Kitchen (Midtown OKC)
    compensation: 17.50 and up depending on experience plus bonuses
    employment type: full-time
    Mozz & Mari's in Midtown Oklahoma City, OK is looking for one manager for small locally owned pizza kitchen to join our team.

^

Yes, that's the address for The Collective.

I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere. I did a few searches and couldn't find anything.

Anyway, the old Rene Apts at NW 13 and N Francis Ave (1312 and 1316 N Francis) have been fenced off for the last month or so and are being actively worked on. I believe the plan is to call them The Flats on Francis. As recently as last summer these were on the City's unsecured structures list so this is a positive development. (It is no exaggeration to say that these buildings were, indeed, unsecured last summer.) The changes were administratively approved through DDRC last month and the building permit looks like they're really just renovating the interior but leaving the exterior of the building intact with some clean-up.

It looks like paid street parking in Midtown and Auto Alley will be converted to paid parking. I’m not entirely against that but not a fan of extending the late hours for paid parking to 10pm. Even in Hollywood commercial parking becomes free after 8.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...ty/9799424002/

Yep news 9 had a story on it also. Sorry for the double post.

7. Default Re: Midtown

actually, the late hours indicate the district must be successful - they want to clear parkers even late.

Midtown and AAlley aren't Hollywood and I wouldn't judge them the same. I don't recall too many late parkers in Hollywood, which is probably why there is no late enforcement. In OKC there's late parkers yet businesses want to stay open late - hence the request for enforcement.

IMO - a huge win for OKC depending upon enforcement, which I agree should move away from Police to a special enforcement arm of transit. We should just form Transit Police; we'll need for enforcement as rail options come online anyway; why not create the department now whether managed by OKC PD or Embark.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

No late parkers in Hollywood!?! Lolol

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Funny thing is I read we are growing scores of almonds here that take up to 5 gallons of water for a single almond. That is f@cking insane and doesn’t help the Mead/Powell situation. But you are right the majority of water from the Colorado goes to AG and it’s never bothered me over using water or keeping “my pet lawn” green in the desert. Though I have turned against using pesticides and weed killers even in Oklahoma keeping more of a natural lawn for the most part to support the pollinators. I didn’t use any weed killers or pesticides on my lawns this year and the bees, wasps, butterflies, and flies are doing great and buzzing around. Hell I saw a bumblebee for the first time in awhile. I was very happy.

10. Default Re: Midtown

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    last i was there, I didn't see any late parkers that were prohibiting business - if they were even open. Not saying there weren't any, but it didn't seem to be a big deal like it must be in OKC where folks drive/park more??

Felt brave.

Walked by sunset bar. Didn't get shot.

Lived.

Made a post about it.

End of message.

There is more development planned or in progress in Midtown than anywhere in OKC.

Here is a quick summary; I will add more detail about each project with time.

1. Primrose School

2. Okay Bye

3. The Hub

4. Dolese Mixed Use

5. Dolese Shops

6. Villa Teresa Hotel

7. Spaniard

8. Office

9. Make Ready

10. Cains

11. Pasteur Flats

12. Classen Marquette

13. Pedestrian Plaza

14. Housing and Garage

15. Palmomar

16. Entire Block

17. Brown's Bakery

18. Styrker

19. SoSA Condos

20. SoSA Townhomes

21. Saint Anthony New Entrance

22. G.I. Building and Garage

23. Phillips Murrah, Garage and Housing

24. 4-5 Story Residential

Did I miss an announcement on #16?

Quote Originally Posted by sethsrott View Post
    Did I miss an announcement on #16?
    Nothing firm there yet, but Palomar will be moving in about a year, and at that point the entire block will be vacant.

Nothing firm there yet, but Palomar will be moving in about a year, and at that point the entire block will be vacant.
    Would be really cool if they developed something similar to Santa Fe Square in Tulsa (but on a larger scale) on that block.

16. Default Re: Midtown

wasn't there also a bank midrise (i forget the name) and associated apartment complex to be built on 13th? or is that the HUB?

No doubt Midtown is the most urbanized area of OKC.

^

Yes, that is The Hub.

The SW corner of #16 had a pretty cool looking setup of tents (looking like they were selling local crafts?) and what looked like a couple food trucks this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by fortpatches View Post
    The SW corner of #16 had a pretty cool looking setup of tents (looking like they were selling local crafts?) and what looked like a couple food trucks this weekend.
    Pop-up shops for the holidays.

Yes, pop-up shops plus a really nice Christmas tree lot.

21. Default Re: Midtown

Midtown Pop-Ups have been around since 2012. They started about a block away the first year (next to Kong's; currently construction staging site for Phillips-Murrah project) and moved to the current location after the first year. Single easiest way to shop local during the holidays in OKC. Initially started by Allison Barta Bailey (now a notable broker/developer specializing in local retail) as a privately-produced event, a few years ago all of the assets were converted to the ownership of a non-profit she helped form; the Independent Shopkeepers Association(ISA).

22. Default Re: Midtown

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Midtown Pop-Ups have been around since 2012. They started about a block away the first year (next to Kong's; currently construction staging site for Phillips-Murrah project) and moved to the current location after the first year. Single easiest way to shop local during the holidays in OKC. Initially started by Allison Barta Bailey (now a notable broker/developer specializing in local retail) as a privately-produced event, a few years ago all of the assets were converted to the ownership of a non-profit she helped form; the Independent Shopkeepers Association(ISA).
    This trip down memory lane made me suddently whistful for Deluxe. I miss deluxe

23. Default Re: Midtown

R.I.P. Deluxe

24. Default Re: Midtown

I live just east of Midtown and it is my favorite area of the city. Even with the recent closures in the area, it's vibrant, busy, and full of great places. Completing the residential units currently under construction will only help and I see this area only getting better.

The closed restaurants will all soon have new operators.

Great space with existing kitchens goes very fast. As with everything else Midtown Renaissance does, they take their time and try to find the best fit for the entire district.

Plus, much more is coming with restaurant space in Phillips Murrah, Brown's Bakery and certainly with new developments yet to be announced.

Thread Information