Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Pizzeria Gusto

Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

Patio work underway (from https://twitter.com/TylerBHolmes):

Going there tonight with the lovely. First night away for dinner from our new little one. A little nervous...

I had dinner here tonight with my son and his girlfriend. Our food was very good, as was the service. I will be back.

GREAT FOOD, Kudos to Kathy

5. Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

They had a sign on their door yesterday saying that they will now be open on Sundays soon.

6. Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	139.3 KB 
ID:	10508 exxccellent

7. Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

Stopped in Sunday for a pizza during Open Streets OKC.

Probably my 7th or so time, and we always have a new favorite dish/pizza after each visit.

The patio is nearing completion, as well.

The patio is open!

9. Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

Had a great dinner last night in the dining room. Didn't even know the patio was in place. I'll have to come check it out next time I'm bumming around Pump Bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I'll have to come check it out next time I'm bumming around Pump Bar.
    So, within the hour then?

11. Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

Haha very possible

Another one... Super sharp:

13. Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

We ate dinner on the patio the first day it was open (Wednesday). The space truly feels rustic and comfortable. At first I didn't think I would like the enclosed patio space, but I was clearly wrong.

Hit it for lunch today after the Paseo Arts Fest. Daughter wanted Empire but we hadn't tried Gusto yet so she said she would try. Nice crowd for Saturday. Sat at booth by front windows. Do not let them sit you here if you are a big guy as they crammed three booths into a space that really wasn't big enough for three. The table and boothettes are not moveable. I wear a 48 suit jacket and I was touching the table with front side and back with my backside. They do have table and other booths that aren't crammed in.

Service was good. Bus staff picked up used plates as we finished with them. Manager swung by checking on tables. Place was clean as were the bathroom also.

Food: Ordered wings for apps. There were excellent with a sauce drizzled on them that I couldn't place. It was smoky and maybe some chipotle but wouldn't swear by it. They were very good. We ordered three pizzas and one to go for daughter at home. The daughter with me had the 4 cheese with truffle oil. Very well done. Truffle oil not overpowering, great crust and well balanced on cheese. I had the meatball which had peppers and onions on it. Was tasty but not really bursting with flavor. The sauce tasted almost like fresh crushed tomatos so was very fresh tasting but couldn't detect any seasoning in it. My wife had the cherry tomato pizza which has olives and option of anchovies. I did not try it as I don't like anchovies but wife said was too salty and all she could really taste was salt. Apparently the olives were very salty and when you add the salty anchovy...becomes too much. Take out pizza was the soppressata without the peppers. It is the closet they have to a pepperoni pizza. It was very good also. They do not skimp on toppings and all came out quick and hot with great crusts.

Large beer list with quite a few on tap and large number of imports/craft beers in cans/bottles. I had two beers which with four pizzas and wings came to $82.00 so even Benjamin with tip. Overall, good value for quality of the food and portions. Would be nice to just have a plain old pepperoni pizza as an option. Will go back when in the mood for this style pizza.

Finally ate there this past visit.

I had actually tried once before, but after getting served a beer at the bar, could never get the bartender to help me, even though I had previously said I wanted food. Place was very slow and he just stood behind the bar, avoiding eye contact. Very weird.

Met a friend there a second time and once again sat at the bar. Had okay service at the outset and ordered a small Ceasar salad which was meh. Then had the meatball pizza which was also meh.

Perhaps my expectations were just too high because I was unimpressed with the food.

Then, again, it took bloody forever to get any of the people behind the bar to get another beer, box for carryout, tab, etc.

The simple truth is there are so many good options in OKC right now, I wouldn't be too motivated to return. Love the space, had terrible service two times and the food was okay but not great, especially for the money.

^^^^ Once again, an unwarranted arrogance that seems a common thread through all their 23rd Street concepts. It just ain't all that good for all that money.

have ate there several times at this point, most recently Friday night. I have never had bad service or bad meal.
    Sat at the bar waiting on the rest of our party Friday night and had a few beers.
    once everyone arrived we were seated. had calamari and arancini as apps and salads.
    the small salad is very large I can't imagine what the full size version is. I had the house salad this time as the Caesar isn't my favorite.
    first time having the Italian sausage pizza and I would have rather had some of the other options but let him choose. it was pretty tastey.
    I really like the crust.

18. Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

I've eaten there several times and have always had good service and food... it's definitely my favorite out of their 4 restaurants on 23rd. I've tried a few different pizzas and the soppresatta has been the one I liked the most... pretty similar to pepperoni. The fried artichoke heart app. is pretty great too.

I will try sitting at a table next time and skipping the Ceasar salad. Shame, because I usually love that before an Italian meal but they probably have some better options.

Also, I'd like to try something other than their pizza. It was good, but didn't knock my socks off. And good pizza is pretty easy to find around town.

Don't mean to be negative but poor service in a nice place where you are paying good money is a huge hot button for me. If a place wants my hard-earned money, I want to be treated with respect and consideration.

BTW, based on my last two visits to OKC I can really see the strain on the local service pool. I've had pretty poor service from a lot of the bars and restaurants I visited and that sort of thing was much more rare just a couple of years ago. And it's in stark relief to Los Angeles, where there is far more competition for good service jobs.

Growing pains! But the direct result of some many great new places opening up, and it's somewhat understandable if a little frustrating.

20. Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

On my two visits the service has been fine but on my second trip the crust was charred to a point where the char flavor overwhelmed the rest of the pizza. I understand that style of pizza is going to have some char and I relayed that to the manager when she asked how the pizza was.... She also gave us a complementary dessert.

But as Pete said... There is a lot of good pizza to be found and Humble Pie and Papa Angelo's have never let me down when it comes to consistency.

I've eaten here several times, twice sitting at the bar during peak evening hours. Both times at the bar the experience was very good: Speedy service; attentive, conversational bartenders who answered menu questions without a hint of unpleasantness; food (appetizers, salad and pizza) was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Finally ate there this past visit.

I had actually tried once before, but after getting served a beer at the bar, could never get the bartender to help me, even though I had previously said I wanted food. Place was very slow and he just stood behind the bar, avoiding eye contact. Very weird.

Met a friend there a second time and once again sat at the bar. Had okay service at the outset and ordered a small Ceasar salad which was meh. Then had the meatball pizza which was also meh.

Perhaps my expectations were just too high because I was unimpressed with the food.

Then, again, it took bloody forever to get any of the people behind the bar to get another beer, box for carryout, tab, etc.

The simple truth is there are so many good options in OKC right now, I wouldn't be too motivated to return. Love the space, had terrible service two times and the food was okay but not great, especially for the money.
    Pete - did you speak to a manager about your experience?

23. Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

Quote Originally Posted by DelCamino View Post
    I've eaten here several times, twice sitting at the bar during peak evening hours. Both times at the bar the experience was very good: Speedy service; attentive, conversational bartenders who answered menu questions without a hint of unpleasantness; food (appetizers, salad and pizza) was very good.
    I've had the same experience several times at the bar, plus a couple of perfectly OK (service wise) table-sat visits, and multiple call-ins. I've never been upset in any way by the service. The food has always been pretty good, with excellent wings and pizza, mediocre salad.

I'm a little surprised too, my wife and I have sat at the bar a few times and never an issue. I'd discuss it with a manager and give them the feedback too. As for other options, all of their appetizers are pretty good, and their desserts are excellent.

Went there a few weeks back, and probably wont be returning. Not sure if this what they want but the entire Pizza was burnt to a crisp. It was horrible.

Also I guess I am a little old school, but sometimes people just want a nice pepperoni pizza not a zucchini, rabbit meat, north alps sausage with goat cheese from South America pizza.

Maybe its just not my style. But wont be suggesting it to people

Thread Information