Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Soccer: NASL and USL professional leagues fighting over OKC

Default Re: Soccer: NASL and USL professional leagues fighting over OKC

I don't know anything about how franchises work, so this is just my opinion, but I think having two teams would have been detrimental. They would fight for support and people to sit in their stands. Having only one team now, I think it'll be easier to pull support from everyone to try and make this one franchise as good as possible. e.g. a soccer stadium and a future hope of expanding to the MLS.

Whether the USLPro or NASL is/would have been better, I have no idea. Someone with more knowledge will have to give their input on that.

All I know is the Energy are now affiliated with Sporting KC (the MLS), so I could really care less about a second team. I'd rather get full support behind just one. Especially one that is already tied to an MLS team. Seems like it gives the best odds for an eventual MLS team IMO.

I've heard from someone supposedly on the inside that NASL is STILL going to happen. Apparently Tim McLaughlin HAS pulled his support, but all of the other owners AND the NASL are committed to going forward. REALLY glad to hear that. I want to see them succeed, as NASL is Tier II,and NOT a farm team fro anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by borchard View Post
    I've heard from someone supposedly on the inside that NASL is STILL going to happen. Apparently Tim McLaughlin HAS pulled his support, but all of the other owners AND the NASL are committed to going forward. REALLY glad to hear that. I want to see them succeed, as NASL is Tier II,and NOT a farm team fro anyone.
    not sure if u work for the NASL team or what but NASL is not tier II,
    its like comparing the okc blazers to the barons and claiming the blazers are better because they were an independent team and not in AHL team.
    the NASL shipped has sailed.

Is tailgating going to be allowed in the speakeasy parking lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    Step son is doing this ...

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    its like comparing the okc blazers to the barons and claiming the blazers are better because they were an independent team and not in AHL team.

I don't really care either way. But NASL is tier 2. Officially. So you are incorrect

United States soccer league system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    I don't really care either way. But NASL is tier 2. Officially. So you are incorrect

United States soccer league system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    yes they call it tier II, just like the CBA vs the D-league, I am sure the CBA calls themselves tier II in basketball.

USA soccer federation calls it tier 2 and usl pro tier 3

I was visiting san Antonio this summer and was watching the news and saw some highlights of the scorpions game. More people attend a barons game in a blizzard than were at that game.

I am sure you are going to find a newspaper clipping claiming they had like 4k at the game, but watch a video clip, no more than friends and family at the game

Not sure if YOU work for the Energy, but NASL IS Tier II, and USL-Pro is Tier III. These aren't my designations. They are officially sanctioned by the USSF, the governing body of soccer in the US. MLS is working very hard to make USL-Pro its defacto farm league. So, in essence, USL-Pro will be the equivalent of minor league baseball at some point, if MLS has their way.
    NASL is a completely independent league. If you don't mind the energy being a farm team for someone else, then fine. But I want our team to be the highest possible level it can be. And in the US, besides MLS, that's NASL. Once again, not ME saying that.
    USL-Pro is losing their biggest team, Orlando. Other than them the rest of the league averaged 2,197/game, with 4 teams averaging LESS than 900/game.
    NASL just added NY Cosmos last year, to go along with Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa, Atlanta, San Antonio, Minneapolis, etc...
    They averaged 4,663/game. And NOBODY averaged less than 2,301/game.
    Indianapolis is starting this year. They have already surpassed 7,000 season ticket holders!
    That's what I want to be a part of. I am hoping that the NASL team starts, succeeds, and eventually wins, because I think it's the better plan or OKC.

yes they call it tier II, just like the CBA vs the D-league, I am sure the CBA calls themselves tier II in basketball.
    BTW, you're wrong again. There IS NO CBA anymore. It died in 2009. So, your point doesn't make much sense.

I was visiting san Antonio this summer and was watching the news and saw some highlights of the scorpions game. More people attend a barons game in a blizzard than were at that game.

I am sure you are going to find a newspaper clipping claiming they had like 4k at the game, but watch a video clip, no more than friends and family at the game
    The San Antonio Scorpions averaged 6,845/game last year. Whether that's butts in seats, or tickets sold, it's a HELLUVA lot more than The Barons are getting. So please get your facts straight before throwing out The Barons as ANYTHING that proves anything about attendance.

And I'm not a shill for the Scorpions, or anything, but do you even know WHY the owner created the team? He loved soccer, and he wanted a way to raise money and awareness for special needs children. He has also built an amusement park, Morgan's Wonderland, as an amusement park that caters specifically to families with special needs kids. This year, alone, SA Scorpions donated almost $700,000 to the special needs community.

Breaking News:USLPRO: NEWS: #USLPRO is pleased to announce every game of the 2014 season will be available live and free on @YouTube: United Soccer Leagues (USL)

United Soccer Leagues (USL)
    TAMPA, Fla. - USL PRO is pleased to announce that every USL PRO regular season and playoff game will stream live on YouTube starting in 2014 via team channels. The largest global video sharing site, YouTube will allow fans worldwide to follow every moment of action during the USL PRO season.

Being a part of the YouTube Partner Program will allow USL PRO greater flexibility in content management while YouTube’s visibility and comprehensive structure will present USL PRO fans with a set of interactive features like never before. Live games and on-demand content will be available for free on each team’s YouTube channel, with archived games available shortly after each game’s completion.

"Online streaming is a vital component of the growth of the league," USL President Tim Holt said. "YouTube eliminates barriers that previously stood between fans and the action on the field. We want fans worldwide to take notice of the high quality of play in USL PRO and see the importance of the league in the North American soccer landscape. YouTube makes this process much easier and we’re thrilled to have this relationship.”

The USL PRO YouTube channel will showcase all of the archived and on-demand content produced by each team, including the USL PRO Goal of the Week as well as USL PRO Weekly, an audio podcast that will uncover the personalities behind the league.

Some of the features YouTube Live will present to fans during live games include DVR, chat, full HD support, and social media interactivity. Fans are encouraged to subscribe for free to the team-specific YouTube channels. Please visit United Soccer Leagues (USL) for links to each USL PRO account.

YouTube Quick Facts

According to Nielsen, YouTube reaches more U.S. adults ages 18-34 than any cable network
    More than six billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube - almost an hour for every person on Earth, and 50 percent more than last year
    Approximately 40 percent of all YouTube viewing happens on mobile devices
    More than one billion unique viewers visit YouTube each month

17. Default Re: Soccer: NASL and USL professional leagues fighting over OKC

OKC Energy have signed their first player

Energy FC - OKC ENERGY FC SIGN FIRST PLAYER IN FRANCHISE HISTORY

Also the USLPro schedule is out

Energy FC - OKC ENERGY FC RELEASE 2014 SCHEDULE

18. Default Re: Soccer: NASL and USL professional leagues fighting over OKC

Just noticed on May 31 it says New York Red Bulls are playing here. I wish it wasn't the reserve team so I could see Thierry Henry play. Was a big fan when he played for Arsenal

Blog Entries

NASL's Jacksonville Armada FC

"The city’s newest professional sports team will be called Jacksonville Armada FC, beginning play April 2015 in the North American Soccer League."

Any news concerning the OKC NASL 2015 entry? On a popular soccer board, rumors are going rampant concerning the ownership and OKC's timeline as a 2015 entrant.

City's pro soccer team is now Jacksonville Armada FC, reflecting Navy ties and maritime setting | members.jacksonville.com

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Thread Information