Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Worst local commercial?

Default Re: Worst local commercial?

Quote Originally Posted by braums manager View Post
    discount remodelers nuff said
    YES!! GOD YES!!
    The "impressionist" is someone who needs to get "boot to the head".

Yes that was a bit loud ,but I will damn sure not hire them and will call them as to why...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. T in OKC View Post
    Mr. Spriggs BBQ. Not widely played, but memorable.

YouTube - Full Length Mr. Spriggs Bar B Q commercial
    Are you sure you didn't mean to put this the "Best local commercial" thread, instead?

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    DANG 200,000 views on YT.. People must like that commercial!
    It was actually shown on The Soup on E!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Are you sure you didn't mean to put this the "Best local commercial" thread, instead?
    True.

I never wanted to make love to bbq before, but that song has me thinking about it.

Wait...

I know that this commercial is national but, " 5 dollar... 5 dollar foot-longs" makes me want to do something wrong when I hear it. (Please get it out of my head)

EVERY TIME I hear it, it makes me think of the movie"Full metal jacket".
    Which doesnt help sell the sub to me.

Anyone seen the commercials from My Dentist? The one with the senior citizen and short animated character running on the treadmill? Doesn't have any relevance to dentistry nor does it make me want to switch dentists. Looks like it was made with Windows Movie Maker.

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner View Post
    Anyone seen the commercials from My Dentist? The one with the senior citizen and short animated character running on the treadmill? Doesn't have any relevance to dentistry nor does it make me want to switch dentists. Looks like it was made with Windows Movie Maker.
    I get the point, taking care of your dental health, is part of taking care of your overall health, but its just so annoying and cheesy. I dislike commercials that are split into to parts like this one: the first half airs, then another commercial for something else comes on, then the second half of the first commercial comes on.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonOberon View Post
    I never wanted to make love to bbq before, but that song has me thinking about it.

Wait...
    All I know is, whenever I see that ad, I just want to put Mr. Spriggs' meat in my mouth, ASAP.

It also makes me hungry for some barbecue.

although not local, the ABSOLUTE WORST COMMERCIALS EVER MADE are tied between two:.....

"HEAD-ON,..APPLY DIRECTLY TO YOUR FOREHEAD"

and any commercial from Progressive Insurance featuring Flo,..especially that insanely annoying one where she is blowing the paper horn like its New Years Eve.

11. Default Re: Worst local commercial?

Quote Originally Posted by decepticobra View Post
    although not local, the ABSOLUTE WORST COMMERCIALS EVER MADE are tied between two:.....

"HEAD-ON,..APPLY DIRECTLY TO YOUR FOREHEAD"

and any commercial from Progressive Insurance featuring Flo,..especially that insanely annoying one where she is blowing the paper horn like its New Years Eve.
    no way.. Flo is hot..

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrayok View Post
    I have heard the Jack Elliot story but when the commercial came out the boy was supposed to be the brother of a girl I went to school with at Putnam City West whose name was, get this-Pepper Minton. Her family was connected to an advertising firm called Kaiser & Kaiser, I believe. Maybe jack Elliot grew up with a different name.

Bigray in Ok

My husand worked with that kid from the Del Rancho commercials a while back (of course he isn't a kid anymore but I think he still has the red hair). It is not Jack Elliot. I think his name is Jason.... maybe.

The one I hate these days is the car commercial where the girl says "Hey sugar, what's new?" Could really do without that one.

Hate to beat on Richardson Homes again but the one commercial thats a cartoon makes me want to suck on a 45 cal. and it sticks in your head next thing you know your humming it. I guess it does what its supposed to.

This local commercial has caused me to destroy three TVs (two of which were mine):

Before checking YouTube, I did a Google Image Search for Spencer Stone. I shan't be making that mistake again.

This local commercial has caused me to destroy three TVs (two of which were mine):

Before checking YouTube, I did a Google Image Search for Spencer Stone. I shan't be making that mistake again.
    my ears are bleeding.

Aaaaghhhhhhhhhhh!!! Make it stop!!!

Spencer's pretty proud of himself too

so youre posting it on here so you and everyone else can destroy our computers???

Quote Originally Posted by OSUMom View Post
    My husand worked with that kid from the Del Rancho commercials a while back (of course he isn't a kid anymore but I think he still has the red hair). It is not Jack Elliot. I think his name is Jason.... maybe.

The one I hate these days is the car commercial where the girl says "Hey sugar, what's new?" Could really do without that one.
    you know that del rancho kid never got paid a dime in royalties.....ever.

he at least should be able to strut into any del rancho and demand anything off the menu board for free.

Any commercial that Randy Colton has anything to do with. I'll turn the TV or radio OFF when I hear them. Norman Nobody? Edmond Somebody? He must have been smoking some high grade when he wrote these.

21. Default Re: Worst local commercial?

not the worst but the best

All I know is, whenever I see that ad, I just want to put Mr. Spriggs' meat in my mouth, ASAP.

It also makes me hungry for some barbecue.
    ^^ Uhh yea, I just got that!pretty gross!

I think the old Oklahoma Discount Furniture commercials will for ever be the worst commerical in history.

NOW! AT OKLAHOMA DISCOUNT FURNITURE!

Sofa Tables, Dinettes, Lamps and all the ugly furniture that was thrown out at the thrift store on sale now.

SE 29th and Sooner Road (REPEAT)

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post
    I think the old Oklahoma Discount Furniture commercials will for ever be the worst commerical in history.

NOW! AT OKLAHOMA DISCOUNT FURNITURE!

Sofa Tables, Dinettes, Lamps and all the ugly furniture that was thrown out at the thrift store on sale now.

SE 29th and Sooner Road (REPEAT)
    Say what you will, their ad is one of the better ones, speaking strictly from a business standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzytoad View Post
    no way.. Flo is hot..

I'll second that. Please don't take Flo from my TV.

Thread Information