Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Pappadeaux

Default Re: Pappadeaux

Quote Originally Posted by aDark View Post
    Interesting! Was there any discussion about how the building could be better placed on the property? What's your take Pete, are they really going to build a chain restaurant with parking surrounding all 4 sides?
    Misplaced. I don’t see it fitting in well here. This is a suburban concept that belongs on GB BLVD or Memorial. I dont see it doing as well in this setting not to mention about 15 years to late to this market. There are way better places in Chisholm creek

I’d rather they not come honestly. Location would better serve another need. Much needed density opportunity being thrown away here. Perpetuating sprawl here

Two things can be true…the design and location both leave a lot to be desired…and this place will be consistently packed regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Misplaced. I don’t see it fitting in well here. This is a suburban concept that belongs on GB BLVD or Memorial. I dont see it doing as well in this setting not to mention about 15 years to late to this market. There are way better places in Chisholm creek
    Lol. It will rake in money. What are you going on about? Just because it isn't the highest and best use of the land in your opinion does not mean it will fail. It is in the heart of the city, has huge name recognition in OKC, and is something OKC has been clamoring for for years.

Why does need to be surrounded by parking? What's the design philosophy behind that? Its not like you can enter the building from all 4 sides.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Why does need to be surrounded by parking? What's the design philosophy behind that? Its not like you can enter the building from all 4 sides.
    The people that go to a Pappadeaux do not want there to be any doubt about where they should park.

I've been to one in Dallas - even with a giant parking lot it's still so full of cars you end up parking far away.

^ yes, this is Christmas Day for people that want to be "downtown" but don't want to have to worry about where to park or be in too close to the city center where it feels "dangerous."

My parents would absolutely eat this up.

Just building the restaurant up against Broadway with all of the parking on the east side would be a vast improvement, but that unfortunately seems impossible given the existing easement, which currently has a whole bunch of utility lines.

sigh... a building in an island of asphalt.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    sigh... a building in an island of asphalt.
    And the parking lot will still be 1,000,000% full.

Blog Entries

It is a wildly popular restaurant and if placed there will draw many people to downtown who don't normally go there. Maybe the businesses in midtown and on Broadway can leverage it into a lot more traffic for their businesses. Instead of harping on the negatives, maybe we can see the positives of such a draw to the area. Seems like it is better than the perennially vacant grass field that is there now and is on the outskirts of downtown, not in the center.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    And the parking lot will still be 1,000,000% full.
    How exciting, the parking lots will be full.

The facebook comments make me laugh. If it is a well developed sight plan with a parking garage, etc, "Where are we supposed to park?!?!?!?!?" If it is this, "Why is there a sea of parking?!?!?!"

“I would have gone to Pappadeaux but I couldn’t find anywhere to park my M1 Abrams tank.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    How exciting, the parking lots will be full.
    Your reply belongs on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Another, "if we could only have 'x'" restaurant comes off the list.
    And I'm sure there will be three of them by the end of the decade.

17. Default Re: Pappadeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    “I would have gone to Pappadeaux but I couldn’t find anywhere to park my M1 Abrams tank.”
    I mean the Burbs do be bringing their Giant suv's to the Urban core. I am sure there will be plenty of double parked spots!

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    Your reply belongs on Facebook.
    A Facebook level response to a Twitter level comment.

Great to hear they are coming! I do not see a problem with the restaurant being downtown or out on Memorial Road. I am positive it will be a hit for people! Yes, maybe the building proposed should be more urban and not a sea of parking, just glad they are coming!

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    I mean the Burbs do be bringing their Giant suv's to the Urban core. I am sure there will be plenty of double parked spots!
    Straight up. Sometimes you gotta elk city the crap out of a parking space in a superduty

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    It is a wildly popular restaurant and if placed there will draw many people to downtown who don't normally go there. Maybe the businesses in midtown and on Broadway can leverage it into a lot more traffic for their businesses. Instead of harping on the negatives, maybe we can see the positives of such a draw to the area. Seems like it is better than the perennially vacant grass field that is there now and is on the outskirts of downtown, not in the center.
    No automobile alley and uptown have their own character. Most of the restaurants there cater to people that actually know good food. Trust me once you’ve actually eaten at pappadeaux’s my comments will all make sense. The franchise has expanded into a second tier suburban draw. If I were to call it. A memorial location might do well I don’t think someone who frequents Broadway 10 or r&J is gonna go to a place like this if it gets built

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    The people that go to a Pappadeaux do not want there to be any doubt about where they should park.

I've been to one in Dallas - even with a giant parking lot it's still so full of cars you end up parking far away.
    Then make a giant neon sign that says parking and points behind the building. People will figure it out. This layout is so awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    It will draw people downtown to park at Pappadeaux and then drive home. That's the experience it is designed for.

I think maybe we can geta Denny's next to it? Maybe a strip mall with a dollar general? Too bad they tore down Happy Foods 30 years ago... we could have had a Good Stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    I think maybe we can geta Denny's next to it? Maybe a strip mall with a dollar general? Too bad they tore down Happy Foods 30 years ago... we could have had a Good Stop.
    Best I can offer is a waffle house

Thread Information