Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are all the former news anchors?

1. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

John Flick's co-anchoring appearance with Maggie on Sunday was "suspicious" to say the least. It will all play itself out in a week though, and no later than May for sure, when sweeps begin.

Local newscasts are the reason I don't need to watch soap-operas or reality shows. I get all the drama I need just watching the lives of these people ebb and flow. There has been so much turnover in the past two years. I saw Tamara Pratt this morning on FOX25 and she looked incredible. I think they let her go before her time had truly come.

I look forward to seeing what KOCO will do at 10pm on weeknights, with Tyler leaving, and I look forward to seeing what they'll do on Sundays if Maggie goes all-weekdays. It's more fun than fantasy football.

The big question is: Who can topple the 10pm NEWS 9 dynasty?

2. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Quote Originally Posted by drumsncode View Post
    I saw Tamara Pratt this morning on FOX25 and she looked incredible. I think they let her go before her time had truly come.
    I thought Tamra Pratt left Ch. 9 so she could help her husband run for OKC DA?

And I agree....Tamra does look great. She's always been one of my favorites.

3. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Just FYI,

Tyler and Kimberly chose not to renew. They are both heading out of state. Someone has a new job with Chesapeke...

Also, I have heard rumors that 5 may be getting a helicopter in time for May sweeps.

I will miss Tyler. But I think 5 will be okay without him. This is just how TV works.

Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

KOCO desperately needs a chopper. They were at a huge disadvantage when that plane crashed a few weeks ago. 4 and 9 were flying around and 5 had to rely on a tower cam.

Quote Originally Posted by okieopus View Post
    ...Also, I have heard rumors that 5 may be getting a helicopter in time for May sweeps.
    I'd heard that the Hearst-Argyle stations (of which KOCO is included) passed around a helicopter, or that KOCO rented one for sweeps. Is this in reference to their possible procuring of a permanent chopper?

6. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Yes, the rumor i heard is the KOCO will be getting their own chopper

Tyler's goodbye -- as seen on tonight's 10pm newscast -- has apparently been posted to koco.com.

if you missed it, you can watch it there.

8. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

For those that have low-bandwidth, like me, I can tell you that he's going to work in Washington D.C. for CleanSkies.tv

They gave him a very nice video tribute. Watching clips from his past nine years shows how much turnover the newscast industry has. It's amazing. I even caught a glimpse of Brooke Osburn at the anchor desk.

Why is Tyler Suiters leaving KOCO? Where is he going? He is a great news anchor and I will miss watching him.

The chopper rumor is true. Should arrive in a matter of days...very expensive to operate.

If you watched that clip, you saw me in it, lol! Those were the days. It was the T&A show and anything goes. Other than the crazy hours, that was a lot of fun.

his bio is already deleted from the website, but kimberly's is still available

Katie O'Mara from Channel four and her husband ( forgot his name ) work for WNEM 5 in Saginaw Michigan. Was up there visiting family and saw her on t.v. and was nice to see a familiar face!

Does anyone know what happened to Susan Parks, Natalie Newman, or Terry Watts?

Quote Originally Posted by atutt View Post
    The chopper rumor is true. Should arrive in a matter of days...very expensive to operate.

If you watched that clip, you saw me in it, lol! Those were the days. It was the T&A show and anything goes. Other than the crazy hours, that was a lot of fun.
    did you like that? I had to put that exchange in AT! It was some classic tv!

Quote Originally Posted by bpd514 View Post
    Katie O'Mara from Channel four and her husband ( forgot his name ) work for WNEM 5 in Saginaw Michigan. Was up there visiting family and saw her on t.v. and was nice to see a familiar face!

Does anyone know what happened to Susan Parks, Natalie Newman, or Terry Watts?
    wasn't his name Terry Camp?

Tierney Cook announced today she was leaving KOCO. She is getting out of the business and will work to highlight children in OKC.
    I will certainly miss her and John Flick together and the morning crew seemed genuinly sad to see her go, unlike Tyler's departure with forced smiles.

There's another Eye5 morning show change coming, and it starts soon...

Quote Originally Posted by rwood8 View Post
    There's another Eye5 morning show change coming, and it starts soon...
    would you like to elaborate? Where is John Flick running off too

Quote Originally Posted by duckman View Post
    would you like to elaborate? Where is John Flick running off too
    Nope, Rusty's being moved off the morning show, to make way for a female meteorologist.

And Raspberry wins the prize...

The new met's name is Sarah, and she is excellent.

Her bio is available if you search KOCO on their site.
    Any idea who will replace Tierney?

In the interim, it'll be JiaoJiao Shen...

Which means Mark Opgrande will solo on weekend mornings.

Not that anyone gets up at 5am to watch....

thanks.
    one more question. Are they going to stick with Maggie/Jessica at 5,6,10 or get someone new?

Not sure. I would guess there's an active search going on. The station is understaffed across the board -- a lot of positions to be filled.

I'm not sure the evening anchor position is a top priority when Jess/Maggie can still bring in the #1 ratings at 5,6...and inching closer to 2nd @ 10p....

24. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Quote Originally Posted by rwood8 View Post
    Not sure. I would guess there's an active search going on. The station is understaffed across the board -- a lot of positions to be filled.

I'm not sure the evening anchor position is a top priority when Jess/Maggie can still bring in the #1 ratings at 5,6...and inching closer to 2nd @ 10p....
    If you can tell us, did they appear to steal share from KWTV or KFOR? I love ratings; it's the ultimate human-factors chess match.

You'd be surprised...

Thread Information