Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: City Garden (formerly Bleu Garten)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Re: Bleu Garten

Man, that is a great idea...drive-ins with a bar and food trucks. It seems like I remember reading about a similar concept a while back. Surely someone is doing this.

Default Re: Bleu Garten

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Man, that is a great idea...drive-ins with a bar and food trucks. It seems like I remember reading about a similar concept a while back. Surely someone is doing this.
    Yes, this concept is already in Ft. Worth. Home | Coyote Drive-In. I posted this once before in the Downtown Airpark thread because I thought it would be a great fit there.

3. Default Re: Bleu Garten

Quote Originally Posted by YeahIKnow View Post
    Yes, this concept is already in Ft. Worth. Home | Coyote Drive-In. I posted this once before in the Downtown Airpark thread because I thought it would be a great fit there.
    That must be where I read it! Man, those sure are some Bigass fans under that shelter.

^^^^
    Thanks Pete. Is Bleu Garten going to operate the bar or is there going to be an outside operator?

Bleu Garten will have their own full bar.

Blog Entries

That answers the revenue question...

7. Default Re: Bleu Garten

That was my point. Whether or not they charge food trucks for spot rental is probably going to be relatively inconsequential to the revenue generated by the bar, from which they receive all of the profit. I'm sure they will be keeping charges to the food trucks at a low enough level so as to not discourage participation. The trucks drive the bar's business (and vice versa, of course).

How many food trucks will be at Bleu Garten each night? Will they rotate during the night? Will the food trucks be charged each night/hour?

Quote Originally Posted by urbanCOWBOY View Post
    How many food trucks will be at Bleu Garten each night? Will they rotate during the night? Will the food trucks be charged each night/hour?
    Just read back a few posts.

Self-contained bar going in today (photo courtesy HWheat):

I may need to order one of those for the backyard. My very own "Bar Pod"!

You can see how the bar and restroom module are pretty indestructible and portable.

If MidTownR decides they want to develop this property at the end of Bleu Garten's 3-year lease, they can relocate BG to another property in the area.

14. Default Re: Bleu Garten

That is fantastic. Having been involved in the construction of an outdoor bar I can tell you it isn't easy to satisfy building and health codes. This makes it seem like cake.

Lookin good guys. Will have to stop by there here in the next few months.

They are moving fast now. This is the covered seating area (from https://twitter.com/truckitokc):

They have made a ton of progress in the last few days. I would think it will not be much longer.

From Twitter:

New sign is up! truckitokc Instagram

I thought you people hated billboards lol!

*insert appropriate "What do you mean, you people?" image here*

21. Default Re: Bleu Garten

Man, I tried to make a modular(shipping container based) bathroom and was told by the city there was no way no how to get a bldg permit. I guess the trick is that since it's it's pre-fabricated off-site so...you don't need a permit? But the water/sewer/electric? How do you pull major sub contracts?

I'm happy in the end with a detached stick building for heating, cooling, slab and plumbing purposes. But I'd love to know how you got the city to permit it. No one ever wants to set precedent. Especially committee; was this urban design overlay?

^

This project fell under the purview of the Downtown Design Review Committee, which is a different body than the Urban Design Commission for Uptown.

However, the building codes are the same.

Hunter just told me they are still on track to open on Sept. 20th. Hopefully, that holds.

Also, the very popular 6 Degrees of Bacon is happening October 16th in the parking lot behind Midtown Vets and Bleu Garten will host the after party.

6 Degrees of Bacon | DowntownOKC

Once this is open along with Fassler Hall / Dust Bowl, I think Midtown will have reached critical mass. Much more to come of course, but it's pretty clear the ball is rolling downhill now and it seems to be picking up pace.

If Midtown Renaissance develops the lot just east of GoGo Sushi, that will mean 10th will be pretty well filled in all the way from Classen to I-235. There is going to be great synergy all along there, with plenty of residential units, offices and other businesses all feeding into this strip.

The next two big bridges that need to be filled in are between 10th and lower Auto Alley & Deep Deuce and 10th and the CBD. It's happening, but still some pretty good gaps in there that still cause people to see these areas as completely separate. The streetcar will certainly accelerate the needed infill.

Gravel has gone down; they are hoping to get their certificate of occupancy next week:

25. Default Re: Bleu Garten

Is that a tether tire pole in the middle of that picture? That could be an interesting game to pass the time.

Thread Information