Widgets Magazine
Page 89 of 141 FirstFirst ... 398485868788899091929394139 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 3525

Thread: Cannabis

Default Re: Time to Legalize Cannabis for recreational and medicinal use.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Your insults of 2 or 3 posters on this board are not fresh and are rather tiring.
    The same could be said for the posts of those two or three posters for the last 6 or 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    I got an email back from my state house rep Jason Dunnington, this was his response.

"I appreciate you taking the time to contact me regarding SQ788. I want to start by saying that 84.8% of voters in our district voted in favor of SQ788 and I have zero doubt they knew exactly what they were voting for. I am incredibly disappointed the Governor appointed Oklahoma State Board of Health made the decision to disregard the people's vote. I publicly supported SQ788, and will continue to work to see it enacted as written and voted on by the citizens of Oklahoma. Below is a link to the Secretary of State’s webpage with links explaining the process of establishing emergency and permanent agency rules, for your reference. As you can see, unfortunately, the legislature is limited on what actions we can take at this time, seeing that we're not in session. However, not only myself, but the entire democratic caucus is actively preparing to take any and all action afforded to us once we are back in session in February, to ensure the permanent rules reflect the will of the citizens of Oklahoma. And I sincerely hope Oklahoma citizens, young and old, will commit to continue actively engaging in the election process at every level of government.

https://www.sos.ok.gov/oar/public.aspx

Thank you again for reaching out. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns regarding this, or any other issue. I also always welcome the opportunity to meet constituents in-person. Please feel free to contact my office should you wish to set an appointment.

My best,

Representative Jason Dunnington, PhD

Oklahoma House District 88"

If some of these folks running for office would stand in support I think it would really help their cause. The record turnout in favor was a powerful message and some of these folks should use that to their advantage. This is the type of thing that could turn a voters vote around. They need to jump on board and respect the WILL OF THE RECORD NUMBER OF VOTERS in this deal. If Fallin is thinking about running for another office she could have really helped her cause by rejecting the nonsense added at last second.

This is what happened after the Health Department essentially gutted SQ788. Shown are 6 stacks of volunteer packets Green the Vote of Tulsa mailed out Thursday. I think a bunch of good people want to live a piece of Oklahoma history in the making:

So does that means we will see a bunch more volunteers out gathering sigs all over the metro soon?

Lawsuit filed

https://newsok.com/article/5601264/f...ical-marijuana

Cornett says it was not the right decision and he would have vetoed.

https://twitter.com/NewsOKPolitics/s...78669673119744

Do we know the updated signature count?

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Lawsuit filed

https://newsok.com/article/5601264/f...ical-marijuana

Cornett says it was not the right decision and he would have vetoed.

https://twitter.com/NewsOKPolitics/s...78669673119744
    Can't wait to see my tax dollars at work defending Fallin and the Health Board...
    Interested to hear Stitt's take, honestly been pretty disappointing that neither Stitt or Cornett has made a public statement regarding the SQ788 drama- seems cowardly.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    Can't wait to see my tax dollars at work defending Fallin and the Health Board...
    Interested to hear Stitt's take, honestly been pretty disappointing that neither Stitt or Cornett has made a public statement regarding the SQ788 drama- seems cowardly.
    I believe Cornett chimed in on Twitter and said he would have vetoed the rules.

Blog Entries

Signed SQ 796 & 797 yesterday @ Prodigy Vapor 720 North Broadway. SQ 796 medicinal mj is a backup in case SQ 788 got pulverized--which it did. Petitions for both SQ 796 & SQ 797 adult recreational can be signed there.

The worst voters of Oklahoma have been insulted in my lifetime that we didn't understand SQ 788 medical marijuana. Mother Hen does it to the voters again.

I signed yesterday as well, both initiatives.

One of the two lawsuits just filed surrounded the amendments added to the passed statute allege properly open meeting laws were not properly followed.

It's a bit different than what we've been discussing concerning the OKC city council, but interesting nonetheless. I'll be closely following.

Signed both petitions today. Guy gave me a sample of CBS cream to try on my bum wrist.. definitely helped the pain a bit, but it felt like icy hot so who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    It would be nice for everyone running for office to let the people know where they stand.

I signed both yesterday. Where is the crowdfunded campaign for commercials for the pro-797? I think there will need to be commercials to get this thing passed, just like the anti-788 commercials were running in every commercial break on every local TV Station.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    It would be nice for everyone running for office to let the people know where they stand.
    Oklahomans for Health compiled a voting guide that they did research in to and Chip Paul said they are without a doubt going to do the same for the November election. Similar to what the OK Educators groups have done. Come November, if you aren't endorsed by the the Educators and the Cannabis folks... watch out!

Quote Originally Posted by tyeomans View Post
    Do we know the updated signature count?
    Yesterday during the press conference announcing the lawsuit, Isaac Caviness with www.gtvok.com stated they've likely passed the 100,000 mark, but the last few days have been so hectic they didn't know where they stood. Him and Chip said that during this entire 4 year process, they've never seen the interest EXPLODE like it has after the Health Department negotiated behind closed doors and screwed the voters. He said they've got 3 printers running 24/7 trying to keep up with demand for new petitions at their 300 locations across the state.

What I found very interesting is that Isaac Caviness said that the whole idea behind Green the Vote was to have a constitutional amendment as backup in case 788 was butchered. He said 797 (recreational) was primarily intended as a reliable polling instrument. Essentially, 797 was a trial run to see what people liked/opposed about recreational cannabis in OK. They never intended for it to get the traction it has. As of the last reliable count, he said 797 was easily 10,000 signatures ahead of 796 and that they were even surprised at the outcome.

They've stated the goal is to get to 150,000 signatures in case the corporation commission find any "problems" with the signatures. Heck, even if half of 788 voters signed, they'd blow it out of the water!!

If you're reading this and haven't signed, find a store that has the petition here:
    https://gtvok.com/locations

Sign, tell your friends to tell their friends, take selfies with it and post them all over the place! While we still have ~2 weeks, the goal is to get as many signatures as possible YESTERDAY so that the Corp Commission has time to count.

Isaac still isn't sure if the measure will be on the November ballot, primarily due to the time it takes the Corporation Commission to very all the signatures. It IS a valid petition though. Early in the week there was some concern that the signatures weren't valid due to some technicality.

I really wish people would sign both 796 and 797. I think 797 will be tough to pass even if it is on the ballot, but 796 definitely could and would solve all the current issues being faced by 788. I don't know why you'd sign the recreational one and not the medicinal one...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    I really wish people would sign both 796 and 797. I think 797 will be tough to pass even if it is on the ballot, but 796 definitely could and would solve all the current issues being faced by 788. I don't know why you'd sign the recreational one and not the medicinal one...
    Agree.

The worst thing the legislative could have done was gut SQ 788. If Recreational Adult Marijuana gets on the ballot; it will pass because Oklahomans are outraged with the way SQ 788 was butchered--left us with marijuana gummy bears. Smoke-able marijuana will become available to all groups; our legislature will find a way to make smoke-able marijuana difficult to obtain by requiring some off-the-wall expensive way for distributors to operate.

So now that we have the medical gummy bears or smokeless cannabis snake oil, pass the most least restrictive marijuana law (Make Colorado's law look like a gum ball machine) to get the state to understand that we are not going to allow the legislature to blow smoke up our asses.

Quote Originally Posted by pw405 View Post
    Yesterday during the press conference announcing the lawsuit, Isaac Caviness with www.gtvok.com stated they've likely passed the 100,000 mark, but the last few days have been so hectic they didn't know where they stood. Him and Chip said that during this entire 4 year process, they've never seen the interest EXPLODE like it has after the Health Department negotiated behind closed doors and screwed the voters. He said they've got 3 printers running 24/7 trying to keep up with demand for new petitions at their 300 locations across the state.

What I found very interesting is that Isaac Caviness said that the whole idea behind Green the Vote was to have a constitutional amendment as backup in case 788 was butchered. He said 797 (recreational) was primarily intended as a reliable polling instrument. Essentially, 797 was a trial run to see what people liked/opposed about recreational cannabis in OK. They never intended for it to get the traction it has. As of the last reliable count, he said 797 was easily 10,000 signatures ahead of 796 and that they were even surprised at the outcome.

They've stated the goal is to get to 150,000 signatures in case the corporation commission find any "problems" with the signatures. Heck, even if half of 788 voters signed, they'd blow it out of the water!!

If you're reading this and haven't signed, find a store that has the petition here:
    https://gtvok.com/locations

Sign, tell your friends to tell their friends, take selfies with it and post them all over the place! While we still have ~2 weeks, the goal is to get as many signatures as possible YESTERDAY so that the Corp Commission has time to count.

Isaac still isn't sure if the measure will be on the November ballot, primarily due to the time it takes the Corporation Commission to very all the signatures. It IS a valid petition though. Early in the week there was some concern that the signatures weren't valid due to some technicality.
    It's the Oklahoma Secretary of State's office, located in the state capitol, that counts signatures and verifies there are enough. The Corporation Commission has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    It's the Oklahoma Secretary of State's office, located in the state capitol, that counts signatures and verifies there are enough. The Corporation Commission has nothing to do with it.
    Oh ya... my mistake.. haha I thought something didn't feel right about that. My corporation documents were filed with the Secretary of State, maybe why I got confused.

Can we volunteer to help the Secretary of State count the signatures? I promise I'll behave!!

Just went and signed both petitions.

Quote Originally Posted by phialpha View Post
    you are one of the biggest of the whiners on this board and probably one of the posters everyone is referring to. Go sign the petition and quit moaning about the same things over and over again, or find a way to go somewhere else like you’ve been threatening to do for the last 7 years. You’ve literally posted different versions of the same rant multiple times in this thread and others. The legislature as a whole didn’t even have anything to do with this and supported it being implemented as it was. The religious issues you continually bring up have been all but absent from anything that’s been passed here over the last 4 years or so. The board of healths decision had nothing to do with religion or any of the other issues you mention...they didn’t feel they could pass off something that involved smoking as medical which as stupid as it seems like that is, doesn’t have anything to do with all the social issues you blabber on and on about.
    +10
    Thank you, Thank you!!!

So sort of slightly related. Per my vets advice we started giving my 15 yo basset CBD oil because he's been constantly anxious and achy and grouchy. The change in behavior and attitude was amazing and quick. To me, giving cannabis product to a pet takes away the placebo effect factor. I know this doesnt have THC but still, this has convinced me of the benefits.

Thread Information