Widgets Magazine
Page 88 of 96 FirstFirst ... 388384858687888990919293 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 2384

Thread: Midtown

Default Re: Midtown

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    That does little to answer his question.

2. Default Re: Midtown

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    That does little to answer his question.
    If you click on the link, it takes you to examples of the most recent google pop ups.

Here is another link:
    http://dailyhive.com/toronto/google-...p-toronto-2017

3. Default Re: Midtown

How did OKC make this list?

New York
    Toronto
    Chicago
    Madison
    Indianapolis
    St. Louis
    Austin
    Los Angeles
    San Fransisco
    Oklahoma City

The "Too Long; Didn't Read" version is that Google is setting up temporary "popup" shops to promote their new Google Home Mini speakers, and OKC is getting one for this weekend. The event is completely free; people who go will either get a doughnut or a free Google Home, just by talking to one of the Google Home devices in the popup shop. (The doughnut gimmick is because the new speaker is about the size of a doughnut) More info from Adweek: http://www.adweek.com/digital/google...mini-speakers/

Interestingly enough, google is starting to pop up more and more in OKC. We were walking in the plaza district the other day and noticed that there were murals sponsored by google. Anyone know the reason for the increased marketing presence here? Maybe its just an underserved market in their opinion?

Just went by. It’s a psuedo dunut shop as a promotion fir Google Home Mini, which is shaped like a donut.

Thanks guys.

Ditto on the remarks about Google's presence here. Recently dated a young lady that worked at At&t and I thought back to reports that Google was bringing google fiber here to OKC. Apparently its much faster internet. In one of our conversations she mentioned that apparently the deal with Google was postponed and that Governor Falling had begun to consider Cox and At&t (maybe smartly having them fight each other over us).

Is the increased presence, the jobs google brought to our state, etc a way to compete?

Quote Originally Posted by OKC_on_mines View Post
    Thanks guys.

Ditto on the remarks about Google's presence here. Recently dated a young lady that worked at At&t and I thought back to reports that Google was bringing google fiber here to OKC. Apparently its much faster internet. In one of our conversations she mentioned that apparently the deal with Google was postponed and that Governor Falling had begun to consider Cox and At&t (maybe smartly having them fight each other over us).

Is the increased presence, the jobs google brought to our state, etc a way to compete?
    Huh?

Holy crap, people are lining up already? I thought they didn't start until 10!

It's below freezing and the dang thing only costs 50 bucks!

11. Default Re: Midtown

I went this afternoon and it will be open to ~6 today and tomorrow. The line was short and I was in and out in 5 minutes, but unfortunately only got donuts.

Same here. Was in the area around noon, was surprised to see the line was actually pretty short so I stopped in, I think I was in line less than 2 minutes. Got donuts.

Came home, my Echo and Echo Dot consoled me.

I think, now that I have seen it, the people in the pictures were not yet lining up, just looking at the cool new thing.

I went by early this morning and had no idea what was happening. But it seems like people were either lining up for maybe first X amount of customers getting free Home Minis and Google swag.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I went by early this morning and had no idea what was happening. But it seems like people were either lining up for maybe first X amount of customers getting free Home Minis and Google swag.
    Post #2180. Ask the Google Mini one of the questions on the card they loan you (it has to be one of those questions), a box falls down the chute. Box contains one Google mini or two donuts. The rules explain how it is figured, but basically a random time is picked, the first person who asks after that time wins, and another random time is picked. They have 300 to give out.

Drove by at 3:00 and there were tons of people in line.

I got there at about 5:15. The line seemed long, but it moved pretty fast. Seemed like at least every other person was winning a Home Mini.

I won a mini along with the two other people that were in line behind me. An hour later my 2 children and my daughter's boyfriend all won a mini.

Went there on Saturday, and got there within the last hour. The whole thing was a very neat experience and both my husband and I both won a Mini. Already like the thing way better than my Echo Dot, as the Google Assistant is way better at answering natural language questions than the Echo, and the voice sounds better and less robotic. Happened to chat with the promoter running this location after they shut everything down for the evening, and he said turnout was slightly better than they expected. They ran out of doughnuts at the end! They apparently have two teams that leapfrog each other between the 12 cities that they are doing this thing in. Many of the staff helping guide people through the popup traveled here from out of state but were all super excited that this was happening here. So, yeah, all in all, this was a very fun time and hopefully Google brings more events like this to OKC!

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    Already like the thing way better than my Echo Dot, as the Google Assistant is way better at answering natural language questions than the Echo, and the voice sounds better and less robotic.
    I somewhat like my weak AI to sound like a robot still. I also renamed my Echo from "Alexa" to "Echo" because I don't want robots having human names. I've watched too many sci fi movies to be comfortable with human-sounding robots. I also unplug Echo surveillance when not using it, which makes it far less convenient. Curious if others are ambivalent about AI tech. (Yeah, I know, way off topic)

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I somewhat like my weak AI to sound like a robot still. I also renamed my Echo from "Alexa" to "Echo" because I don't want robots having human names. I've watched too many sci fi movies to be comfortable with human-sounding robots. I also unplug Echo surveillance when not using it, which makes it far less convenient. Curious if others are ambivalent about AI tech. (Yeah, I know, way off topic)
    Back when we had an Alexa (before she was stolen, womp), my partner made me unplug it while we were doing our taxes because he didn't want it listening to any sensitive information.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Then you won’t like what Saudi Arabia did lol....

22. Default Re: Midtown

I gotta stay with my Echo Dot unless/until Google can control my Sonos sound system. Love that the Echo now does that!

Well, now I feel like an idiot. I was at bleu garten Saturday wondering why the heck so many people were buying donuts at night on a Saturday...

Blog Entries

I know this is public info and may already be on here somewhere, but thought I would post it anyway.

Recent Sales Transactions in Midtown
    1212-1214 N Hudson Ave Oklahoma City, OK 73103
    • Sell Date: 8/24/17
    • Buyer: Wayne Property Advisors
    • Seller: Resolution Legal Group
    • Sale Price: $1,331,500.00
    • Total Building: 22,338 SF
    1139 N Pennsylvania Ave Oklahoma City, OK 73107
    • Sell Date: 8/28/17
    • Buyer: Wazzan Properties Llc
    • Seller: Lee Myung W & Chan S
    • Sale Price: $100,000.00
    • Total Building: 7,070 SF
    13 NE 13th St. Oklahoma City, OK 73104 (3 Property Portfolio)
    • Sell Date: 7/17/17
    • Buyer: Isi Real Estate Holdings, Llc
    • Seller: Wdco Midtown Llc
    • Sale Price: $735,000.00
    • Total Building: 16,366 SF
    Midtown Recent News
    A multifamily development by the name of “Cirrus” is set for construction on the NW corner of N.W. 8th and Shartel. This project will break ground in spring of 2018 and will deliver 4 town homes of equal size to the area.

Thread Information