Widgets Magazine
Page 87 of 96 FirstFirst ... 378283848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2384

Thread: Midtown

Default Re: Midtown

Juice bar squeezing into smaller space at The Edge

By: Molly M. Fleming The Journal Record January 5, 2017

OKLAHOMA CITY – The Edge developer Gary Brooks is a big fan of Organic Squeeze.

He’s such a fan that he convinced owners and brothers Mike and Robert Rhodes to move into 7,600 square feet on the first floor of the apartment building at 1325 N. Walker Ave. two years ago.

“I ended up pushing a little more space on them than they needed,” Brooks said. “Ultimately, they came back and said, ‘We really don’t need this much space to do what we do.’”

Organic Squeeze opened its doors in spring 2015. Robert Rhodes said he and his brother shut down temporarily in fall 2016.

He said the Midtown restaurant was a learning experience for them as well. The store, which was Organic Squeeze’s second full location, offered a hot food bar with soups and even had some prepared foods. The restaurant equipment will be auctioned online Monday at pciauctions.com.

“The food aspect is just outside of what we do,” he said. “We thought we could make it work. We found out the hard way that we couldn’t.”

Rhodes said juice and smoothies sold well in Midtown, but the food and coffee were not as successful, which is why the brothers are regrouping the operation. The Midtown Organic Squeeze will reopen this spring, serving their juices and smoothies.

Brooks is redesigning the space, putting in a wall so he can get more tenants on The Edge’s first floor. Organic Squeeze will reopen there in a smaller spot. He’s working with retail expert Allison Bailey on curating tenants for the remaining spaces. Commonplace Books is taking most of other northern retail space.

This is Brooks’ first apartment building with first-floor retail. He said Midtown developers Chris Fleming and Mickey Clagg encouraged him to add the first-floor spaces so the activity on N. Walker Avenue could continue north.

“Early this summer, we’ll have some really fun, quality tenants that will add to the incredible walkability of Walker,” he said. “I’m very excited about the retail piece. Midtown (Renaissance Group) has done such a good job of being selective of the tenant profile on Walker. We want to add value to what they’ve done.”

Rhodes said if a third Organic Squeeze store is opened, the site and size will be carefully considered after the lesson at The Edge. He said it’s difficult to say no to an opportunity, so he and his brother worked really hard on the Midtown store.

“Not to say that Midtown isn’t the right location, we know it is,” he said. “We just got outside our focus of what we do.”

I drove by Wine and Palette on Saturday night and they were busy painting and drinking away.

Now, they are completely gone (this is directly west of Packard's).

Someone that could properly utilize the roof top above that space would be nice. It seems like an after thought and disconnected from Packards.

They have not announced anything on social media and this seems like an instance of making an exit in great haste.

5. Default Re: Midtown

I went to Barrios a week ago from Saturday and it was packed in there

wow, that's kind of strange. it's always packed.

HangryHippo Guest

That's odd.

Finally putting some tables on the patio outside of McNellies.

I hope this isn't just for St. Patty's Day (I believe they are semi-permanent).

9. Default Re: Midtown

Great upgrade. Always wanted to sit outside there.

10. Default Re: Midtown

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Finally putting some tables on the patio outside of McNellies.

I hope this isn't just for St. Patty's Day (I believe they are semi-permanent).

Looks great. In the past they have had the whole area roped off for 21+ with beer tents, live music etc., but these look like a nice upgrade and hopefully stay after this weekend.

Hopefully this isnt just all there'll be for the patio. Surely operators know by now that you cant just put tables on a concrete slab and expect people to use it. What is shown, there might only be a handful a days a year that would be pleasant enough to use. Whereas a patio like Barrios, you can use 3/4 of the year because of shade, wind block, and heaters.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Hopefully this isnt just all there'll be for the patio. Surely operators know by now that you cant just put tables on a concrete slab and expect people to use it. What is shown, there might only be a handful a days a year that would be pleasant enough to use. Whereas a patio like Barrios, you can use 3/4 of the year because of shade, wind block, and heaters.
    I'm sure they'll add umbrellas eventually.

Does anyone know what time they start things off tomorrow?

Figured out they start at 10AM tomorrow.

Took this photo this afternoon. This patio is going to be very cool.

Huge mural planned for that hideous concrete wall near NW 13th and Classen.

15. Default Re: Midtown

who is the artist?

Blog Entries

That's great!

Holy cow that is needed. That building was literally the biggest eyesore as I would go down 13th. I would rather them just build a new apartment building, but I'll take what I can get here.

The amount of development along 6th is amazing. These infill projects are great and can't wait to see more of them. Along with all the ones on AA, really exciting to see. bring on the density!

Really think the best places in Midtown for mid rise housing would be 4th & Shartel, 4th & Lee and 5th & Lee. The views looking SE from about 4-8 stories up would be unmatched by any in the city. Especially now with BOK Plaza and even more so once CC Hotel. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4th&Shartel.JPG 
Views:	128 
Size:	152.8 KB 
ID:	13933

19. Default Re: Midtown

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    who is the artist?
    I believe that's Dylan Bradway.

http://www.dylanbradway.com/
    https://www.instagram.com/mrdylanb/

Gardner Architects have moved into the free-standing building directly south of the Barrios Patio and Hall's Pizza:

21. Default Re: Midtown

Huh. I thought that was to be a bar..?

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Huh. I thought that was to be a bar..?
    The original plan was for it to be a bar called White Oak but that fell through.

23. Default Re: Midtown

Aha, thanks.

24. Default Re: Midtown

Looks like there is a Google Pop Up going in on the lot west of Bleu Garten.

What's a google popup?

Thread Information