Widgets Magazine
Page 86 of 141 FirstFirst ... 368182838485868788899091136 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 3525

Thread: Cannabis

Default Re: Time to Legalize Cannabis for recreational and medicinal use.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Make brownies?
    Section 4 Arcticle C is the only section that talks about the ability to make edibles... and it only give the authority to licensed processors,

C. A licensed processor may take marijuana plants and distill or process these plants into concentrates, edibles, and other forms for consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    And yet doesn’t say one word about smoking it.
    Section 4 Article F

F. Any device used for the consumption of medical marijuana shall be considered legal to be sold, manufactured, distributed, and possessed. No merchant, wholesaler, manufacturer, or individual may unduly be harassed or prosecuted for selling, manufacturing, or possession of medical marijuana paraphernalia.
    except for the purpose of smoking, what other forms of consumption of any form of marijuana would facilitate the need for this paraphernalia?

3. Default Re: Time to Legalize Cannabis for recreational and medicinal use.

Gladly signed the SQ797 petition today while working downtown. Went to Chad Moody's law office next to the courthouse to sign it.

I will be going to sign SQ797 after seeing this ridiculous comments from supposed medical professionals claiming I didn't know what I voted for.

When can we expect something to happen? What happens now?

Quote Originally Posted by tyeomans View Post
    When can we expect something to happen? What happens now?
    ACLU or another group will fine for an injunction or an expedited review and decision.

Blog Entries

While I did vote for 788, I didn't sign the 788 petition because I never was offered a chance and it wasn't a big enough deal for me to go look for a place to sign.

It's now a big deal to me. The state playing games like this against the will of the people really irks me. Did they learn nothing from the teachers?

Where is a list of locations where people can sign?

8. Default Re: Time to Legalize Cannabis for recreational and medicinal use.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    While I did vote for 788, I didn't sign the 788 petition because I never was offered a chance and it wasn't a big enough deal for me to go look for a place to sign.

It's now a big deal to me. The state playing games like this against the will of the people really irks me. Did they learn nothing from the teachers?

https://gtvok.com/locations

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post

lol... like I said earlier... the health department just got 797 to pass... haha

Meanwhile, a lawsuit might also stop the law from going into effect because none of the rules can be enforced. Which may be the long con the agencies and groups are going for.

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    Meanwhile, a lawsuit might also stop the law from going into effect because none of the rules can be enforced. Which may be the long con the agencies and groups are going for.
    That was probably their real intention. Now implementation will be on hold indefinitely while this works its way through the court system. One of the worst things about living in Oklahoma is that the agenda of hyperconservative religious leaders and big money interests always override the will of the people.

The silver lining is this may result in a stronger push to get SQ 797, which is full legalization, on the ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    Well... the state board of health just gave enough signatures for the recreational marijuana petition. and probably enough support for it to pass in November. A pissed off electorate is a is often a voting electorate.
    This was my initial thought. Might actually be a good thing for rec if these rules stand

Jean would love to hear from you!

Jean R. Hausheer, MD
    3201 W Gore Blvd # 200, Lawton, OK 73505
    (580) 250-5855

https://goo.gl/maps/yLneBQ472Z92

Quote Originally Posted by pw405 View Post

Jean R. Hausheer, MD
    (580) 250-5855

It takes over half a million people to get this thing to pass, but only one person to screw it ALL up. How does that even make sense?!

Good job state.

Was probably gonna vote no on rec.

Signing petition and voting yes.

Quote Originally Posted by pw405 View Post

Jean R. Hausheer, MD
    (580) 250-5855

I don't have a Twitter or Facebook account, but would be good for someone that did to post that there with the info about her being president of the organization that stopped it all, probably put the signatures on rec over the top...

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    https://kfor.com/2018/07/10/doctors-...cal-marijuana/

The key line is "Hausheer says she’s convinced Oklahoma voters didn’t fully realize the implications of State Question 788, which passed June 26 with nearly 57 percent of the vote."

It just went from one of the most lax MMJ laws in the nation to the most stringent. Typical Oklahoma.
    (Sarcasm) oh man now it’s gonna be super tough to prove to a judge these regulations weren’t just an attempt to stifle the will of the people and are 100% based in medical facts.

Yikes, that escalated quickly:

Lets just legalize recreational and be done with these imbeciles. I think they just spit in the face of every voter that was in favor of 788.

Like to point your all's attention to the uhhh...events that occurred around Prop 8. Yes, it only takes one to thwart the will of the people, on multiple occasions. Don't get all bent out of shape, just be patient. Somehow as a society we have survived this long with medical weed, I'm sure we can survive a bit longer while this certainly works itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Like to point your all's attention to the uhhh...events that occurred around Prop 8. Yes, it only takes one to thwart the will of the people, on multiple occasions. Don't get all bent out of shape, just be patient. Somehow as a society we have survived this long with medical weed, I'm sure we can survive a bit longer while this certainly works itself out.
    I wondered how long it was going to be before somebody compared this to gay marriage. The difference is with Prop 8 (and similar measures across the country) the population voted to take away a specific group's rights and the courts said they couldn't do so. With SQ788, the population voted to give people rights and the powers that be i.e. private prisons, big pharma, and religious leaders have said that people cannot have what they voted for.

Voted for 788, but don't really smoke marijuana myself. Was kind of ambivalent towards signing the petition for 797, but I will definitely sign now.

What a blatant disregard for the citizens' votes. How disgusting.

Even house repubs are pissed. At least they’re being consistent in their hatred of unelected morons getting to make rules.

https://newsok.com/article/5600886/d...re-pharmacists

House Majority Floor Leader Jon Echols, an Oklahoma City Republican, said in a phone call he was blindsided by the amendments Tuesday, even though he had been in touch with medical marijuana groups, the business community and the Health Department. The ban on selling smokeable forms of marijuana and the pharmacist requirement had never come up before, he said.

“I called to find out what happened with those new regulations, to figure out if I was being negotiated with in bad faith or how did this happen?” he said. “What appears to have happened is the unelected board of health chose to amend those regulations on the spot, to things that had never been discussed.”

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I wondered how long it was going to be before somebody compared this to gay marriage. The difference is with Prop 8 (and similar measures across the country) the population voted to take away a specific group's rights and the courts said they couldn't do so. With SQ788, the population voted to give people rights and the powers that be i.e. private prisons, big pharma, and religious leaders have said that people cannot have what they voted for.
    The only point I was trying to make was that one person/entity slowed things up, however this too will likely turn out the right way. It just takes time.

It will be interesting when the inevitable lawsuit is filed and depositions are taken as well as seeing the discovery.

Thread Information