Widgets Magazine
Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 368182838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2384

Thread: Midtown

Default Re: Midtown

If it set up as a common space then it just needs to be given/loaned to McNellie's. It will go to waste as a common space, but could be great for the area if McNellie's used it. It would be another activated space along Walker...

The great work in Midtown continues... It's the small things, but this area just has a better feel with the new shops and signage.

https://twitter.com/midtown_okc/stat...23227186900992

My girlfriend and I went to check out the new shop along Walker. I can't remember the name though.

It is the female clothing store. I thought it was a really nice store. The price points were great. Ranged from $25-$100.

Nhu Avenue (in Plaza Court) or Mode next to Hank's Coffee?

Nhu Avenue. Thanks.

The owner moved from Houston (I believe) and was a buyer for one of the bigger stores. She decided to use those connections to open this shop. She is very friendly and is an OU grad.

They have some really nice things in there. Definitely should check it out.

Steve's update on the past and ongoing development of Midtown and SOSA.

http://www.oklahoman.com/article/552...o_redirect=yes

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Steve's update on the past and ongoing development of Midtown and SOSA.

http://www.oklahoman.com/article/552...o_redirect=yes
    It's behind a paywall.

9. Default Re: Midtown

This was posted on Nextdoor:

NEW PROPOSED CONDO PROJECT IN MIDTOWN

George Massey from Heritage Hills · 1d ago

I had many inquiries about my Lisbon Lofts Townhome project last year (www.lisbonlofts.com), as many residents in our historic areas were considering MidTown as a possible future area of interest, especially in retirement. The two and three story projects in Midtown, Downtown and Bricktown were not as appealing because of the multi level status. Although we are in the very beginning stages of consideration, we do have Developers that are seriously looking at a project of one floor (flats) condos and have already engaged a Civil Engineer to do a feasibility study that we now have received.

Under consideration are, 1200, 1800, 2400 or 3600 square feet (whole floor), in a luxury, all Concierge concept with rooftop amenities, for Midtown. 1-3 Beds, 2-3 Baths.

If you would like to be placed on our email updates for this potential project, please email me at;
    george.massey@exprealty.com.

We will work towards a Facebook Page when we have more information!

10. Default Re: Midtown

Interesting. Never put two and two together that George was involved with Lisbon Lofts. He sold me my home in Gatewood years ago.

Commonplace Books is going into the never-filled space north of Organic Squeeze on Walker in The Edge.

My understanding is they decided to pass on the space at Plaza Court as this location offered more square footage.

12. Default Re: Midtown

I wanted to add this map here that Pete posted in the Insomnia thread.

Midtown has a really solid core now & is going to be incredible when the former Boulevard site, Uptown theater, and large lots and infill north and south of 10th take shape. And I'm sure there are many other things coming.

Come a long way since 2004/2005ish:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 016.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	837.0 KB 
ID:	13220Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 047.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	869.3 KB 
ID:	13221

Quote Originally Posted by wsucougz View Post
    Come a long way since 2004/2005ish:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 016.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	837.0 KB 
ID:	13220Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 047.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	869.3 KB 
ID:	13221
    Good gracious! Back then I had no occasion to be in the area, so had no idea how far we've come.

Blog Entries

Probably been discussed but I wish the building on the East side of Walker between the new Walker building and 1212, the one with the set back, would have a 2-3 story addition added in place of the parking lot that's there. Because the parking lot is elevated, you could dig that out, still have the same amount of parking (or more depending how far you dig), but then also have ground level retail plus more offices about, and still connect it to the existing building.

From Steve's chat today:
    Hey Steve, Any hints or rumblings on what Midtown R is planning to do with the superblock they own between hudson and Rob?
    It's a pretty impressive property these guys have assembled. I do know they are looking to emphasize retail and aren't eager to add too many more apartments to the neighborhood. We may see a mix that includes significant size company moving downtown, retail and maybe for sale housing. But this isn't from the Midtown Renaissance folks - this is based on what I'm hearing and observing from others (though it is certain Bob Howard's group is not eager to add a lot of apartments).
    I really would love to see a lot of residential in a mixed-used development. This would be a highly desireable place to live that would bring more 24/7 life to the area.

Totally agree. Why hesitate on building more apartments? They could still include ground floor retail... more people in the area would provide an immediate consumer base to those stores and give the neighborhood a feeling of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
    Totally agree. Why hesitate on building more apartments? They could still include ground floor retail... more people in the area would provide an immediate consumer base to those stores and give the neighborhood a feeling of life.
    My guess would be that the hesitation would be due to the current financial feasibility of more apartments in that area.

Forgive me, where exactly is this property? The superblock.

Quote Originally Posted by KayneMo View Post
    Forgive me, where exactly is this property? The superblock.

A mini "KaDeWe" would be pretty cool in this spot. Not a replica, but the concept.

Certainly I think they could do some fore-sale condos on the top floor, but I can understand the sentiment of wanting less large apartments, especially in what could end up being the most important block in Midtown

21. Default Re: Midtown

I saw that Hall's Pizza is opening up a restaurant in the building at 9th and Hudson

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    A mini "KaDeWe" would be pretty cool in this spot. Not a replica, but the concept.
    Yes please! I really wish I had the money to do something like this in the old beautiful building that's on the corner of 11th and Robinson.

Igloos going up to the west of Bleu Garten.

Commonplace Books has opened a temporary store at 1120 N. Walker.

Believe it will be open through the end of the year.

Commonplace Books has opened a temporary store at 1120 N. Walker.

Believe it will be open through the end of the year.

Thread Information