Widgets Magazine
Page 81 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3176777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2146

Thread: University of Oklahoma Sports

Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Another loss at home to Texas Tech, different roster but same old crap not knowing how to defeat Big 12 teams, I am ready to move on from Moser, he is not it

I am officially getting worried.

Groundhog Day starring Porter Moser as Bill Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    Another loss at home to Texas Tech, different roster but same old crap not knowing how to defeat Big 12 teams, I am ready to move on from Moser, he is not it
    lol at wanting to fire a coach for losing to a top 20 team

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Groundhog Day starring Porter Moser as Bill Murray
    Teams losing in basketball. Now that's unique and a fireable offense. LOL. I think virtually EVERY basketball team in NCAA Div 1 history has had a loss or two every year. Groundhog day when a team loses and they have lost before? That's a lot of groundhog days all over the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Teams losing in basketball. Now that's unique and a fireable offense. LOL. I think virtually EVERY basketball team in NCAA Div 1 history has had a loss or two every year. Groundhog day when a team loses and they have lost before? That's a lot of groundhog days all over the country.
    Groundhog day is in the context of losing 5 out of the last 6 conferance games as well as the last 5 in a row to Texas. I did not call for his firing. I comented on history repeating itself. Got it?

Groundhog day is in the context of losing 5 out of the last 6 conferance games as well as the last 5 in a row to Texas. I did not call for his firing. I comented on history repeating itself. Got it?
    they haven't lost 5 of the last 6 conf games ..

* 4/6 not 5/6. A difference that doesn't change 5 straight loses to Texas or a weak start in conferance play.

Blog Entries

lol. Got it the first time. Just disagree with what appears to be overreactions.. but, being a fan or critic isn’t rational, it’s emotional. So as Perk says, Carry the he** on.”

Moser has thus far not lived up to expectations I think is the vibe. We started much better this year but losing the ones that count in conference play so far & at home. If OU ends up near or a little over .500 again and has terrible big 12 record I could certainly see moving on.

I would argue that last night was the most important win in Moser’s tenure here. Imploding at some point in conference play has been the defining feature of OU basketball since the 2015-16 season. Every team since then has ripped off a 3+ game conference losing streak…with two of those teams rising into the Top 10 before capitulating. It would be nice to finally have a team that breaks that trend, and last night was an important step in that direction.

OU 3+ game Big XII losing streaks in the post-Buddy Hield era
    2016-17: Four games (plus three non-conference games)
    2016-17: Six games (plus one non-conference game)
    2017-18: Six games (after rising as high as #4 in the AP poll)
    2018-19: Five games (after rising as high as #20 in the AP poll)
    2019-20: Three games
    2020-21: Four games (after rising as high as #7 in the AP poll)
    2021-22: Four games
    2021-22: Four games (again)
    2022-23: Seven games (broken up by a non-con win over Alabama)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I would argue that last night was the most important win in Moser’s tenure here. Imploding at some point in conference play has been the defining feature of OU basketball since the 2015-16 season. Every team since then has ripped off a 3+ game conference losing streak…with two of those teams rising into the Top 10 before capitulating. It would be nice to finally have a team that breaks that trend, and last night was an important step in that direction.

OU 3+ game Big XII losing streaks in the post-Buddy Hield era
    2016-17: Four games (plus three non-conference games)
    2016-17: Six games (plus one non-conference game)
    2017-18: Six games (after rising as high as #4 in the AP poll)
    2018-19: Five games (after rising as high as #20 in the AP poll)
    2019-20: Three games
    2020-21: Four games (after rising as high as #7 in the AP poll)
    2021-22: Four games
    2021-22: Four games (again)
    2022-23: Seven games (broken up by a non-con win over Alabama)
    OU is one game worse than Kansas in the season overall and in conference. I think I'd tap the brakes on the sky is falling panic I know this is a crazy concept, but just maybe the B12 is pretty tough. I know that's hard to comprehend for many, but imagine it. OU is 4-4 and the leader is 6-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    OU is one game worse than Kansas in the season overall and in conference. I think I'd tap the brakes on the sky is falling panic I know this is a crazy concept, but just maybe the B12 is pretty tough. I know that's hard to comprehend for many, but imagine it. OU is 4-4 and the leader is 6-2.
    Yeah I'd like to see what Porter can do with some roster consistency in an easier conference before booting him...especially when things are near as bad as people are acting like they are.

Blog Entries

Nice to see Drake Stoops perform well in the Shrine Bowl. He was graded highly for his route running. Hope he lands in a situation where he could make a roster or practice squad.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    lol at wanting to fire a coach for losing to a top 20 team
    And? It is inexcusable to choke a 9 point lead and lose at home, that is on Moser

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    Nice to see Drake Stoops perform well in the Shrine Bowl. He was graded highly for his route running. Hope he lands in a situation where he could make a roster or practice squad.
    i'm hoping it was enough for him to get a combine invite... if he gets to go to indy, i think he will impress a bunch of coaches.

Blog Entries

And? It is inexcusable to choke a 9 point lead and lose at home, that is on Moser
    Don’t watch much basketball do you? Happens a lot in college.

18. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    i'm hoping it was enough for him to get a combine invite... if he gets to go to indy, i think he will impress a bunch of coaches.
    Me too. If not I wouldn't mind seeing an analyst position in the OU receivers staff.

19. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

More former OU news but I just heard Jordy Ball tore an ACL and is out for the season. I hate to hear that.

That's unfortunate for her but at least it happened at Nebraska and not while she was at OU. Odds of getting another title this year would have been the same either way with this news.

Sooners softball 71 winning streak is snapped by the Louisiana Cajuns today, congratulations to the Cajuns, they were a better team today and deserved to win!

Sooners softball 71 winning streak is snapped by the Louisiana Cajuns today, congratulations to the Cajuns, they were a better team today and deserved to win!
    exactly. i still think they didn't beat us as much as we just played terrible. But give it to the Cajuns for not making mistakes and taking advantage of ours.

23. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    exactly. i still think they didn't beat us as much as we just played terrible. But give it to the Cajuns for not making mistakes and taking advantage of ours.
    Kudos to Louisiana. But we beat ourselves. That was far, far from our normal defensive play in the field. And maybe the worst game Kelly Maxwell has started in her college career. Not time to panic. They'll be fine but I don't see the dominant squad in this team that has been there the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Kudos to Louisiana. But we beat ourselves. That was far, far from our normal defensive play in the field. And maybe the worst game Kelly Maxwell has started in her college career. Not time to panic. They'll be fine but I don't see the dominant squad in this team that has been there the last couple of years.
    now remember that we struggled early in the season before that baylor loss, it wasn't until that loss that the team turned around and started this massive streak. so i am optimistic that this will be the thing that turns the team around. i mean it has to have been hard for patty to keep up the pressure on this team when they have been just coasting and winning so far this season.

7 straight losses for mens BB to Texas. Horrible look for the program

Thread Information