Widgets Magazine
Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30757677787980
Results 1,976 to 1,997 of 1997

Thread: Whole Foods

Default Re: Whole Foods

Quote Originally Posted by bamarsha View Post
    I bet Crest is thrilled that a Whole Paycheck is opening pretty much next door...
    Pretty sure they serve two different demographics (with a slight overlap), probably not really that worried.

Surprised they haven't built one in the Norman area

Quote Originally Posted by bamarsha View Post
    I bet Crest is thrilled that a Whole Paycheck is opening pretty much next door...
    There's some impact I'm sure, but most of the customers will be coming from Sprouts or Natural Grocers.

4. Default Re: Whole Foods

Agreed, i dont think the Crest crowd is quite the same as the Whole Paycheck crowd.

Honestly, once Sprouts came around, I never had a reason to go all the way up to Whole Paycheck any more. There are way more Sprouts out there and the prices are better.

For me, Natural Grocers rarely has what I'm looking for (dairy free) because the stores aren't big enough to really have enough of it. But it's got plenty for plenty of people.

It wont affect this at all, but Green Acres is a pretty strong competition on the south side too. They're still going strong while Akins didn't make it on the north side.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
    I hope there will be a third metro location in Norman within the next couple of years. I still think the vacant Sears in the Norman mall could be a low effort place to locate one. I wonder if one might be part of the UNP development around the what's seems to be inevitable OU arena?

But nice to see more options in our growing metro.
    That Sears would be a great location!

I really expected that a second Whole Foods would be placed in Norman. Its farther from the current store, large population and would draw from areas south. I just thought that the Norman area is bit more liberal/eco type people vs Edmond. I live in the Edmond area and its just a short hop down to the current store. I guess I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    I really expected that a second Whole Foods would be placed in Norman. Its farther from the current store, large population and would draw from areas south. I just thought that the Norman area is bit more liberal/eco type people vs Edmond. I live in the Edmond area and its just a short hop down to the current store. I guess I was wrong.
    I'm sure they are looking at Norman as well. Just not sure of the timing.

Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    That Sears would be a great location!
    Agree. I would hope Trader Joe's would be in central Norman though, either the NW corner of Lindsey & Berry or in the old Homeland (now Restore) at Main & Berry.

9. Default Re: Whole Foods

If anywhere they would both probably be in the UNP. Seems like any of the big stores go there now.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    If anywhere they would both probably be in the UNP. Seems like any of the big stores go there now.
    Would Crest be ok with that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    Would Crest be ok with that?
    I don't think they have any say in the matter. They don't own the development.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I don't think they have any say in the matter. They don't own the development.
    Their agreement to build there easily could preclude any full-service grocer being added after they opened (Target was there before Crest opened). I don't know if they have an arrangement like that or not. Just throwing it out there, in case someone does.

13. Default Re: Whole Foods

I would be surprised if they made a long-term agreement like that. The development is so large, it would be incredibly difficult to say "you're the only X here...ever".

And keep in mind, if someone buys the land, builds on it, well they're no longer owned by Sooner. So the actual developer of plot A may not be the owner 10 years from now, in which case it would also be unlikely that any clause like that would still be active. It's also rare that they transfer bewteen owners.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    Their agreement to build there easily could preclude any full-service grocer being added after they opened (Target was there before Crest opened). I don't know if they have an arrangement like that or not. Just throwing it out there, in case someone does.
    ANYTHING is POSSIBLE, but there is no evidence to suggest this.

If an agreement was ever signed like that it wouldn't be with Crest. They don't have that kind of pull.

If this is going to be built, then anyone have an educated guess as far as time table to start or open???

If this is going to be built, then anyone have an educated guess as far as time table to start or open???
    Wild guess, but if this moves forward it will probably be a couple of years before they open.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I would be surprised if they made a long-term agreement like that. The development is so large, it would be incredibly difficult to say "you're the only X here...ever".

And keep in mind, if someone buys the land, builds on it, well they're no longer owned by Sooner. So the actual developer of plot A may not be the owner 10 years from now, in which case it would also be unlikely that any clause like that would still be active. It's also rare that they transfer bewteen owners.
    It is a large development but not large enough that Whole Foods wouldnt ask for an exclusive and wouldnt get it. They know they are the big dog and can get most of what they want from a developer. And even if other parcels are sold to other owners, WF can still prevent another grocery store saying that any future owners, successors, assigns, etc., of the Covell development can not be a grocery store.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
    I hope there will be a third metro location in Norman within the next couple of years. I still think the vacant Sears in the Norman mall could be a low effort place to locate one. I wonder if one might be part of the UNP development around the what's seems to be inevitable OU arena?

But nice to see more options in our growing metro.
    Norman would be a good place for a 3rd one

I don’t think they want liberal/eco, they want wealthy/healthy. I’m not super familiar with Norman but I’d guess they don’t have income density needed to support it.

21. Default Re: Whole Foods

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post
    I don’t think they want liberal/eco, they want wealthy/healthy. I’m not super familiar with Norman but I’d guess they don’t have income density needed to support it.
    University North Park in Norman is the 2nd most visited retail area in the state (I believe that is the phrasing I have seen on here). And with the built in college student pop 9 months a year I am sure it would do well. The Target is absolutely packed with college students getting groceries weekly. It'd do pretty well I would guess.

22. Default Re: Whole Foods

If it were located in UNP it wouldn’t just draw from high income areas of Norman, it would also catch business from Moore and south OKC, which the last time I checked had the highest-income zip code in the state. Due to the interstate frontage nature of the location it would also draw from the broader south metro, plus people the hundreds of thousands who travel that section of I-35 each week. I’m sure it would do very well there.

Thread Information