8 Washington
    9 Vandy
    10 Texas
    11 S Caro
    12 UCLA
    13 Oregon
    14 Auburn
    15 Mich St
    Shows how tough the big 2 are. Other than GA Tech all the others are B10 or SEC schools.

Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Shows how tough the big 2 are. Other than GA Tech all the others are B10 or SEC schools.
    Two of those teams make the 12 team playoff? Maybe 3?

3. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

I bet as many as 4

Blog Entries

NCAA Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Texas at OU tonight. I anticipate a crowd in excess of 8k even though the game starts at 6 on a weeknight

6 straight loses to Texas will put any OU coach in jeapordy of losing their job.

Probably a great time for the 8K in attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    Probably a great time for the 8K in attendance.
    Attendance was >10k

We went to the game tonight and it was a full house! Every single parking spot surrounding the Lloyd Noble was full and cars were parking up in the grassy areas.

6 straight loses to Texas will put any OU coach in jeapordy of losing their job.
    lol NO

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    We went to the game tonight and it was a full house! Every single parking spot surrounding the Lloyd Noble was full and cars were parking up in the grassy areas.
    I'm not saying you are wrong but I have been to many sold out games there with parking still available.

Quote Originally Posted by unfundedrick View Post
    I'm not saying you are wrong but I have been to many sold out games there with parking still available.
    This is incorrect, it's actually the other way around where the parking lot can fill up when the LNC isn't quite sold out. Tonight was about 400 tickets short of a sell-out but it gets very tight for any game with over 10k attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    lol NO
    I don't see any way Porter keeps his job if OU misses the tourney this year just because that would require a complete collapse over the last 12 games. That being said I think this team is more likely to wear home whites in the first round of the tourney than they are to miss it entirely. 21-10 (9-9) feels about right heading into Kansas City which I think would set them up for anything from a 5-seed to an 8-seed depending on how the conference tournament goes (not expecting much given that OU hasn't won more than one game in the Big XII tourney since the 2002-03 season).

I assure you, we pulled into the LN on the NE side at 5:45 and drove through all four quadrants before settling on the grass a little after 6 over on the NW side. There were a lot of cars doing the same. The game had already started by the time we got inside. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I don't see any way Porter keeps his job if OU misses the tourney this year just because that would require a complete collapse over the last 12 games. That being said I think this team is more likely to wear home whites in the first round of the tourney than they are to miss it entirely. 21-10 (9-9) feels about right heading into Kansas City which I think would set them up for anything from a 5-seed to an 8-seed depending on how the conference tournament goes (not expecting much given that OU hasn't won more than one game in the Big XII tourney since the 2002-03 season).
    I agree with this ..

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    I assure you, we pulled into the LN on the NE side at 5:45 and drove through all four quadrants before settling on the grass a little after 6 over on the NW side. There were a lot of cars doing the same. The game had already started by the time we got inside. Thank you.
    i got to the game after you 5:57 parked on the pavement .. SW side .. and was inside before tipoff ..

i got to the game after you 5:57 parked on the pavement .. SW side .. and was inside before tipoff ..
    Guess you found the spot I couldn't find! Nice job.

lol NO
    You can believe what you will. Like putting an 8k seat arena in an entertainment district is a good move. 3k people tonight would have missed out. Hard to believe that crowd size on a weeknight 6 start without restaurants and bars in walking distance.

same down to the minute. Plenty of space over there

You can believe what you will. Like putting an 8k seat arena in an entertainment district is a good move. 3k people tonight would have missed out. Hard to believe that crowd size on a weeknight 6 start without restaurants and bars in walking distance.
    lol it was OU Texas…which helped. Tonight was a great example of why it would be much better on the north side of Norman. Getting there from OKC was absolutely miserable even with leaving work early.

22. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

That stadium looks nuts- 160k seating?

Blog Entries

OU Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Attendance: 11,092

Texas at Oklahoma: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ghorns-sooners

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    This is incorrect, it's actually the other way around where the parking lot can fill up when the LNC isn't quite sold out. Tonight was about 400 tickets short of a sell-out but it gets very tight for any game with over 10k attendance.
    LOL, it's not incorrect. I was there and saw it with my own eyes. This was during the Billy Tubbs era when I had season tickets and went to every game.. Maybe the parking situation has changed since then but I promise you I'm telling the truth. There was always a large contingent of students at the games who may not have come in a car so that could be the difference. I was also in the Tip In Club so I always parked in the up close priority parking and never worried much about how full the parking lot was. I still remember vividly when the students had a newspaper with them. 'When the opposing team members were being announced before the game, the students would hold up a newspaper in front of their face. After each announcement they would shout "who cares?".

Quote Originally Posted by unfundedrick View Post
    LOL, it's not incorrect. I was there and saw it with my own eyes. This was during the Billy Tubbs era when I had season tickets and went to every game.. Maybe the parking situation has changed since then but I promise you I'm telling the truth. There was always a large contingent of students at the games who may not have come in a car so that could be the difference. I was also in the Tip In Club so I always parked in the up close priority parking and never worried much about how full the parking lot was. I still remember vividly when the students had a newspaper with them. 'When the opposing team members were being announced before the game, the students would hold up a newspaper in front of their face. After each announcement they would shout "who cares?".
    the tubbs era lol the entire west side "parking lot" was pretty much a field back then (even during most of the Sampson era )

Thread Information