Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: The Pulse (formerly downtown Holiday Inn)

Default Re: The Pulse (formerly downtown Holiday Inn)

[QUOTE=Bowser214;1268251]Looks so nice! Would like to see a cool PULSE signage on the side of the building! [/

I really hate this name. Like naming your apartment building "The Newtown"

3. Default Re: The Pulse (formerly downtown Holiday Inn)

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    I really hate this name. Like naming your apartment building "The Newtown"
    I had the same thought.

I just don't like seeing places named the same thing as locations where a tragedy occurred, I instantly think of it. Pulse club and Station club, both haunting names for me forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I just don't like seeing places named the same thing as locations where a tragedy occurred, I instantly think of it. Pulse club and Station club, both haunting names for me forever.
    One World Trade Center would like a word.

I think people are trying to create a problem where there isn't one, just like with OAK.

6. Default Re: The Pulse (formerly downtown Holiday Inn)

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    One World Trade Center would like a word.

I think people are trying to create a problem where there isn't one, just like with OAK.
    Might as well change the name of Oak to Columbine in that case

I drove by yesterday and saw Aaron Diehl had a for lease sign up and he is the listing agent for a restaurant space on the ground floor. They have 2,500-5,000 sf available for that, so whatever goes in, it would a good addition to the area.

Unrelated to the project itself but it’s kind of crazy to see that the first posts in some of these threads are nearly 20 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Unrelated to the project itself but it’s kind of crazy to see that the first posts in some of these threads are nearly 20 years old.
    OKCTalk started around 2003! I bought it a few years later and paid way too much for something with very little traffic, almost zero revenue and a decent amount of express. Of course, I'm glad I did but I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that big check, apart from I was very busy with my day job and didn't want to go through the trouble of starting things from scratch. I should have kept a screenshot of the old forum structure... It was about the same number but 97% of all the posting took place in only one of them until I spread things out more logically, which proved to be a huge job.

I should go back and reconstruct all this into some sort of short history document because I'm already blurry on some of the details

Thread Information