Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Memorial Stadium Master Plan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Memorial Stadium Master Plan

I agree, I was in the stadium about a month ago and was shocked by how different it feels.

I was at GMS this afternoon. The stadium is really looking nice. It will have a completely different feel inside and out. But I have got to warn anyone attending games this year to allow lots of extra time due to congested streets caused by street construction and traffic congestion.

It took me about 50 minutes to drive 7 miles. This is going to be the worst OU season ever for game day traffic.

3. Default Re: Memorial Stadium Master Plan

Quote Originally Posted by ou48A View Post
    I was at GMS this afternoon. The stadium is really looking nice. It will have a completely different feel inside and out. But I have got to warn anyone attending games this year to allow lots of extra time due to congested streets caused by street construction and traffic congestion.

It took me about 50 minutes to drive 7 miles. This is going to be the worst OU season ever for game day traffic.
    Just don't take Lindsey. Allow extra time since Main and Robinson are going to be packed. Maybe try taking Sooner Road or Hwy 9 if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Just don't take Lindsey. Allow extra time since Main and Robinson are going to be packed. Maybe try taking Sooner Road or Hwy 9 if possible.
    And, for the most part, there's a connected grid street system in and around the campus...so there's lots of side and neighborhood streets that can be used as well to navigate your way.

I have attended nearly 300 home OU football games since 1971 and have done a great deal of parking and traffic experimenting over the years….A great deal depends on where you park….and then where you’re going after the game…

But on the way home East of I- 35 I would avoid ….. most of West Main street, Flood street south of Robinson, West Boyd, Classen & Porter Streets, 24th Ave NW south of Robinson, Brooks street east and west of campus, HY 9 will be a parking lot.

Sooner road south of Tecumseh moves very slow. An alternative to avoid the backups at traffic lights on Sooner Road may be to continue east to 24 Ave NE then north to Tecumseh.
    I have had very good luck for many years snaking around on the residential streets from near campus to Robinson Street.

There is also construction on Main at the Norman High that has the road down to one lane each way.

Quote Originally Posted by ou48A View Post
    It took me about 50 minutes to drive 7 miles.
    #everydayinlababy

From the Norman police. All season game day traffic.

Click to read full article and view map.
    http://normanpd.normanok.gov/pd/ou-g...formation-2016

For the past several years I have suggested to OU, city of Norman officials and prominent members of the media that Flood Avenue be made one way north bound after games…. I’m happy to post that it’s finally going to be done but just to Main Street. It would be great if this was extended to Robinson…

There is a lot more that could cheaply be done that would aid in post-game traffic de congestion with a more willing city government… The congestion seriously delays emergency response times, putting life and property at significant increased risk. To a degree it also lowers the desirability of some to attend games.

Thread Information