Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Broadway 10

Default Re: Broadway 10

There are a number of places I haven't tried yet. Perhaps when there is a consistency other than so-so reviews, it will be time.
    If I want cold food, I can get that at home, given my easily distracted nature.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    There are a number of places I haven't tried yet. Perhaps when there is a consistency other than so-so reviews, it will be time.
    If I want cold food, I can get that at home, given my easily distracted nature.
    Kevin,
    Did you tell your "Lovely" this?
    C. T.

3. Default Re: Broadway 10

Enjoyed drinks and sushi there tonight. Service was great and sushi excellent.

I didn't have an issue with my meal being cold or service taking too long. Really was just noise level for me. Probably wouldn't be an issue if my bf and I were dating long enough that we didn't want to talk to each other while eating.

CT, wasn't a dig at my lovely. Purely a well deserved self-knock.

More than once when she has been away for g-babies or some of her kin I have forgotten to turn on the oven or the burner under a pan.
    Sometimes I catch my distracted self in time.

Other times I simply say thank goodness for peanut butter on fudge stripe cookies and cold milk or dump fruit loops on a paper plate and share some with the pup while I chastise myself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    CT, wasn't a dig at my lovely. Purely a well deserved self-knock.

More than once when she has been away for g-babies or some of her kin I have forgotten to turn on the oven or the burner under a pan.
    Sometimes I catch my distracted self in time.

Other times I simply say thank goodness for peanut butter on fudge stripe cookies and cold milk or dump fruit loops on a paper plate and share some with the pup while I chastise myself.
    Kevin,
    I was just having fun with your comment. I don't know you but I can tell from your posts that she's a pretty special lady.
    C. T.

Was in town this weekend for a birthday party and was here with a party of about 20. Everything except my main meal was perfect.

First the good. Fantastic space....we had several people from San Antonio and Dallas and they all complimented the finishes and how they did not expect this in OKC. We had two waiters and their service was great. We also had some cocktails and appetizers that were very good. I would recommend the Kentucky Punch. I couldn't comment on the noise since we were upstairs but it was definitely a lively place.

Now the bad. I ordered the lobster tail and mac and cheese. While I get they can be hard to cook, the lobster had almost no flavor. Mac and cheese was quite tasty, but it was a pretty small portion. One person's pork chop was woefully undercooked; it might as well have been oinking. My date's steak did have really good flavor but it was cool to the touch.

All in all, a really nice restaurant with a ton of potential, but for what I ended up paying (two drinks, meal, and tax and tip was $110) I was expecting a bit more. And I don't mind paying for good eats at all. I hope they revisit their menu a bit....its almost there but not quite.

8. Default Re: Broadway 10

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    Was in town this weekend for a birthday party and was here with a party of about 20. Everything except my main meal was perfect.

First the good. Fantastic space....we had several people from San Antonio and Dallas and they all complimented the finishes and how they did not expect this in OKC. We had two waiters and their service was great. We also had some cocktails and appetizers that were very good. I would recommend the Kentucky Punch. I couldn't comment on the noise since we were upstairs but it was definitely a lively place.

Now the bad. I ordered the lobster tail and mac and cheese. While I get they can be hard to cook, the lobster had almost no flavor. Mac and cheese was quite tasty, but it was a pretty small portion. One person's pork chop was woefully undercooked; it might as well have been oinking. My date's steak did have really good flavor but it was cool to the touch.

All in all, a really nice restaurant with a ton of potential, but for what I ended up paying (two drinks, meal, and tax and tip was $110) I was expecting a bit more. And I don't mind paying for good eats at all. I hope they revisit their menu a bit....its almost there but not quite.
    Smug much?
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Had a bachelor's dinner for 11 at Broadway 10 last night and was very impressed.

I had sushi which was very good but almost everyone else had steak and all were very pleased.

The place was pretty darn full for a Wednesday and our service was excellent. In fact, they offered to bring separate checks without us even asking, then did so with no muss or fuss.

Loved the bar area as well.

Been meaning to post my review for a while. I signed up on OKC Talk for the sole purpose of writing my review of this restaurant.

This was hands down, the worst dining experience I've ever had in OKC (I'm a mid-thirty something and I've lived here my whole life). Terrible, horrendous service. Place was WAY too loud. Steaks were room temperature or cold and had little or no flavor. Sides were all awful. Drinks overpriced. We were a party of 4 and every one of our drinks, salads, entrees, desserts and tabs were delivered to the wrong person. We either had to redirect the server or switch plates ourselves. Not one redeeming quality about the meal. Believe me, I am not a picky diner and do not need a world class experience to enjoy a nice dining experience. I still get ticked off thinking about how horrible this dinner was and how much I spent on it.

Given the other awesome places to dine in OKC, my group will never, ever go back.

From the B10 Facebook page; Francis Ford Coppola in the house.

Wonder what brought him to town?

He's been in and out of OKC several times over the last 6-8 weeks. He said he's here for a movie project. He noticed at Iron Star that we had misspelled his name on our wine list...oops! Luckily, we had it fixed the next day, as he came back in to show his buddy.

13. Default Re: Broadway 10

Doh!

14. Default Re: Broadway 10

I'm guessing his buddy might have been Gray Frederickson, who produced The Godfather and who now oversees the film program at OCCC. They've been friends for decades, and Frederickson brought Coppola to OKC late last year for a speaking engagement.

If he's working on a film here it most certainly will employ Oklahoma residents and Okie filmmaking professionals, put money into the economy by hiring caterers, buying supplies, meals, hotel rooms etc.. Heck, it already put money in the pockets of Tuck and of the guys from Broadway 10. It will grab headlines for Oklahoma and OKC when a new Coppola film comes out, plus will likely expose moviegoers to the state (and the city) in new and unexpected ways. It will also surely make use of the Oklahoma film rebate program that several on this board have said is a waste of money and will never amount to anything.

15. Default Re: Broadway 10

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    Smug much?
    What was "smug" about her review? Read like an honest review to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I'm guessing his buddy might have been Gray Frederickson, who produced The Godfather and who now oversees the film program at OCCC. They've been friends for decades, and Frederickson brought Coppola to OKC late last year for a speaking engagement.

If he's working on a film here it most certainly will employ Oklahoma residents and Okie filmmaking professionals, put money into the economy by hiring caterers, buying supplies, meals, hotel rooms etc.. Heck, it already put money in the pockets of Tuck and of the guys from Broadway 10. It will grab headlines for Oklahoma and OKC when a new Coppola film comes out, plus will likely expose moviegoers to the state (and the city) in new and unexpected ways. It will also surely make use of the Oklahoma film rebate program that several on this board have said is a waste of money and will never amount to anything.
    Do you know anymore details? Will it be a larger budget film?

17. Default Re: Broadway 10

Sorry, I don't have any details, but if I remember to do it I'll ask some people who might.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Do you know anymore details? Will it be a larger budget film?
    Coppola has pretty much focused on relatively lower budget films the last couple of decades. I think he actually finances them with his own money. That doesn't mean he wouldn't produce a big budget movie any more, but he's pretty much said he's not really interested in that anymore.

19. Default Re: Broadway 10

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    Coppola has pretty much focused on relatively lower budget films the last couple of decades. I think he actually finances them with his own money. That doesn't mean he wouldn't produce a big budget movie any more, but he's pretty much said he's not really interested in that anymore.
    I know he's here for 6 weeks working with Gray on developing a curriculum for a new type of format for the film school at OCCC. I haven't heard either way about a film.

I came of age on Copplola's Outsiders and Rumble Fish (which I didn't get) movies. There's actually several YouTube videos and online communities that visit the Tulsa filming locations.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    I know he's here for 6 weeks working with Gray on developing a curriculum for a new type of format for the film school at OCCC. I haven't heard either way about a film.
    That's cool. OCCC is lucky to have that connection.

22. Default Re: Broadway 10

Going for my second time tonight. Great service and a great menu. I am impressed.

I wanted to review the first time I went. We went for a friends bachelor party for a dinner for 10. We had the private room (behind the host desk). We had fantastic service. The waitress was nice and gave us great recommendations. All 10 people in my group loved the place.

Can't wait to go back tonight with the wife!

went back for my second time last week. much better experience than the first time

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Enjoyed drinks and sushi there tonight. Service was great and sushi excellent.
    Yes, but did the sushi come out cold?

Kobe and KD had dinner at Broadway 10 tonight. Pretty freakin' cool.

Thread Information