Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Falcone's

Default Re: Falcone's

IMO, Little Caesar's and Pizza Hut shouldn't even be compared to Falcone's! LOL! We had a few people over on Friday night and after realizing we had had quite a few beers and no food, we ordered pizza. Well I ordered from Domino's because of the 5-5-5 deal and I thought I was going to be shot! ha ha Especially by my husband, the pizza snob! If I had thought about it (if I was sober, ha!) I would had called Falcone's and asked how far they deliver. I live near NW Expressway and Council, and I'm kind of doubting they deliver that far, but I guess it's worth asking sometime! )

I ordered a pizza for my office at 11:30, telling them we wouldn't need it for 45 minutes to an hour. When I sent someone to pick it up, she arrived at 12:30 and was told it wouldn't be ready for another 15 minutes. There's not a lot of waiting room so she decided to go put gas in her car and return. She came back 15 minutes later only to be told that they didn't realize she would be returning and had sold our pizza by the slice. She called me at 12:50 explain the situation, so I know they didn't wait long before giving it away. No one made any effort to find a solution. They didn't offer to make another pizza, or give us a substitute. I've only eaten there once before and loved the food, but I'm not sure if I'm going to give them another try or not. I was really disappointed this time.

3. Default Re: Falcone's

It happens.

I actually have to say that the Bricktown Falcones is lacking in service. I have been to the bricktown location three times now, each time something has happened either with my order or with the actual food, and I am dissapointed. I probably won't return to the bricktown Falcones for quite some time because of this.

I have been to the Original Falcones many many times and have never been dissapointed, but the owner is usually there and takes care of things with the service. I will continue to give my business to the Original Falcones.

5. Default Re: Falcone's

I've never had a problem at either location.

I've always found their service rude and lacking. There food however is better than most places, although I prefer Gaetano's over it.

7. Default Re: Falcone's

Got some tiramisu and canolis there for my girl's night last week (the original location) and the counter help girl was friendly, smiley, and even made chit-chat with me about the weather. Haven't had the pizza, but for a small sale like that, I got very friendly service. A lot of places aren't as nice if you don't spend much.
    Still corrupting young minds

We have never had a problem with the service at the Original one, always very pleasant. We have not been to the Bricktown location yet, but I have to say I have only seen the owner in the Original location one time, and that time was the best pizza we have had there. The other times have been good, but not as good as that time. Metro - where is Gaetano's? I'd like to try that place too.

The Original Falcones is great every time that I have been there, both the service and the food is outstanding.

My experience (three visits) with the Bricktown Falcones has been bad. Cold food, wrong order, bad attitude with the service, and slow with the orders too. Each time I have been there I spent $80.00 the first visit and $40.00 each other visit.

I will not go back to the Bricktown Falcones location.
    I will continue to visit the Original Falcones.

I went to the Bricktown Falcones last night and the service was way better than the first time I went there. It was pretty busy with the opening night of Transformers at the movies. I think they must have hired some more people to keep up with the crowds.

Do they have a menu online? Also do you have to pay in bricktown to park during lunch hours?

12. Default Re: Falcone's

Yes. But some I believe some establishments in the area will validate parking for their patrons.

And the parking lot behind Falcones has always been free for patrons. If it's full, you can park right behind Toby Keiths or the theatre which is just across the canal and not far of a walk.

Great pizza! Also I had a calzone and it was one of the best! It was very differrent, they used some different kind of cheese (kind of mushy) but they had some mozzarella.

That kind of cheese is called Ricotta, also used in lasagna.

16. Default Re: Falcone's

I went to the original location a couple nights ago and had terrible service. That was the first time though. Kind of embarassing nonetheless because I took a friend who hadn't been before and I had been raving about it.

Sometimes the service is a little lacking I must admit. But if you want a true New York experience you probably have to put up with a little bad service every now and again.

They just won the Gazette's "best new restaurant" category

Been once thus far. In a word, nice!

I went again yesterday to the Bricktown location to grab a slice to go. I also got a Tiramisu. I must say, this time the food was much better. The pizza was thinner and closer to NY style, but still not there. I still think my experiences at Gaetano's are closer to NY style pizza. I also think you get more for your money at Gaetano's. The tiramisu from Falcone's was good but not true Tiramisu. The espresso soaked lady fingers (not sure if they used ladyfingers in theirs but something simlilar) was also off. The espresso tasted more like burnt coffee grounds.

Falcones is the best pizza I've had since I've been in oklahoma. With that being said if any you okies decide to visit NYC, you have venture off the tourist traps to get real pizza. Totonnos Pizzeria on Neptune ave in Coney Island, and the original Patsys on 118 and 1 ave. is the best pizza in new york bar none. If your in New York look these places up!

22. Default Re: Falcone's

NYJohn, what is your opinion of Grimaldi's in Brooklyn?

I went to the Bricktown location pre-movie with a friend of mine this past Friday.

My reaction overall was "ehhh..."

It was quick. It was reasonably priced. The garlic knots were great (would have loved some sauce with them, though). The salad was nice (italian dressing just right - not too much vinegar). Overall, though, I found the pizza really lacking.

I guess I was really expecting more of a true Italian style deli, along with the pizzeria, and I just didn't think the quality of the pizza - as highly-touted as is was - met my expectacions.

Pepperoni is pepperoni anyway you slice it!

I'll go back if I have the occasion to go, but it's not a priority "must revisit" kind of place for me.

Falcone's newest location will be at 15th & Broadway in Edmond. It is in the new shopping center near the Dental Depot. They are looking at November for an opening. Mark your calendars!

Default Falcone's in Edmond

Coming in November (tentatively) at 15th & Broadway...Falcone's Pizzeria & Deli!!!
    (near Dental Depot in the new shopping center)

I say tentatively for November because we all know how easily construction can be slowed.

Thread Information