Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Glamour (formerly Banquet Cinema Pub)

Default Re: Glamour (formerly Banquet Cinema Pub)

^
    I don't think they totally control who will the triggers though.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Glamour is now open. I've been targeted on social media with a slick video. This place may not be around forever but it's going to be a fun place to go this summer for sure.
    Pics eating a lobster taco in front of the Glam AF sign or it didn’t happen!

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Pics eating a lobster taco in front of the Glam AF sign or it didn’t happen!
    Soonerguru will also need “100!” emoji sunglasses on. ��

^^ lol

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    soonerguru will also need “100!” emoji sunglasses on. ��
    lol

Went this past weekend on Friday night. Very nice, upscale lounge experience. The crowd was young professionals will say 35 and up. Very laid back vibe. My friend from Dallas was up here and enjoyed it so much, he went back on Saturday night. said it reminded him of some bars/clubs in Dallas. It was packed!

Don't knock stuff until you experience yourself, quit taking peoples word for it.

Oh and I had the lobster tacos with fries, very good!

I spoke to the owner last week and he said they have been very pleased with the amount of business.

I'm not surprised. They really seem to know what they are doing and the entire place is beautiful.

OKC needs places like this scattered across the city. I think they will do very well. I can see version of this doing well in Chisholm Creek. Says a lot when my friend from Dallas enjoyed himself here. He wasn't bored at all, and some of the places he went reminded him of Dallas. Stated OKC is a change of scenery, slower paced, but still can enjoy a fun weekend. Said sometimes you need to just get of out Dallas, lol.

I went with a coworker after work on Friday. We loved it! Just had drinks and an appetizer. Our waiter gave us the tour of the other bars they have there. Considering have my bday there in Feb. my friends from Dallas said they want to go.

Are the apartments across the street open yet? Between those residents and the apartments that are planned and will wrap around this location these guys are positioned well.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Are the apartments across the street open yet? Between those residents and the apartments that are planned and will wrap around this location these guys are positioned well.
    Yes, they are open. And the Glamour owners told me they were giving the residents promotional offers... Just another example of knowing how to run a business.

And construction is starting soon on the new complex that will wrap around this building.

Yes, when sitting in the bar, you can see the apartments outside pushed to the street over the bar, felt like you were in a big city, lol. Hopefully they keep enough traffic that they don't have to start booking live music acts to draw a crowd. I think live music will take away from the vibe, its not that type of spot.

Well I spoke to soon, guess Vinyl is the live music venue inside. I understand and like the Vanity concept, but Vinyl? I really don't think they need that area.

15. Default Re: Glamour (formerly Banquet Cinema Pub)

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Well I spoke to soon, guess Vinyl is the live music venue inside. I understand and like the Vanity concept, but Vinyl? I really don't think they need that area.
    I went for their grand opening and they had Superfreak playing. It wasn't too bad. I went my birthday weekend and they had a DJ and it wasn't too bad either. Not sure what the capacity of this building is but it has been fairly packed when I have been there.

They told us they use the room with the stage for live music, one night is stand up comedy and Wednesday nights are . Karaoke. The rooms are separated. There’s like 3 different areas.

Just to the west of glamorous, there's a forest growing on the vacant lot.

This place has trimmed some hours now. Looks like each day got trimmed by an hour and Sunday is basically brunch only now.

Hours:
    Thursday 4–11 PM
    Friday 4 PM–1 AM
    Saturday 10:30 AM–1 AM
    Sunday 10:30 AM–3:30 PM
    Monday Closed
    Tuesday Closed
    Wednesday 4–11 PM

Announced today they are ending all dining service.

20. Default Re: Glamour (formerly Banquet Cinema Pub)

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    It’s gorgeous. Will be interesting to see if it can sustain the dining aspect of its business - it’s definitely still off the beaten path - and not have to rely too heavily on the clearly designed-for nightclub space. Nightclub money is easy, and tempting. Especially if everyday business is lackluster. If that portion of the business becomes the tail that wags the dog it could be problematic. I’m not familiar with the operator here, but that will be the deciding factor on how this goes.
    ^^^^^^^^^
    Posted when the place was first opening a little over a year ago. Looks like that’s where it’s headed.

21. Default Re: Glamour (formerly Banquet Cinema Pub)

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^
    Posted when the place was first opening a little over a year ago. Looks like that’s where it’s headed.
    You were spot on! Most of its business came from the club and event-type people. I rarely saw a big brunch crowd or anything else. At least they made the right decision instead of completely leaving the business.

I'm not aware of any place in OKC where they have been able to have a club atmosphere and also successfully operate as a restaurant.

Those are two completely different and often conflicting businesses trying to coexist in the same space.

I understand the desire to use the space for dining when they aren't pumping out drinks with loud music thumping. But it never works, apart from places that serve bar food to people who come mainly to drink and party.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm not aware of any place in OKC where they have been able to have a club atmosphere and also successfully operate as a restaurant.

Those are two completely different and often conflicting businesses trying to coexist in the same space.

I understand the desire to use the space for dining when they aren't pumping out drinks with loud music thumping. But it never works, apart from places that serve bar food to people who come mainly to drink and party.
    The closest I've seen is probably La Brasa but even that has trended more toward a restaurant than a hybrid since 2020 or so.

24. Default Re: Glamour (formerly Banquet Cinema Pub)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Seven 47 in Norman had a good run of doing both when I was at school. Also helps its right next to campus tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    Seven 47 in Norman had a good run of doing both when I was at school. Also helps its right next to campus tho.
    Yeah, Campus Corner is generally different.

But even there, the places that try to do both ultimately can't make it work.

BTW, there is a big difference between restaurants with a lively bar scene vs. clubs. The nature of clubs means hordes of hard partiers and spaces that need to accommodate them. That is incongruent with a place where people want to sit down and have a nice meal. There is only so much cleanup and reconfiguration that can be done after being subjected to hundreds who generally have a lot to drink... Lots of bad smells, sticky surfaces, stains, damage, and other things nobody sees in the dim lights of late night.

Thread Information