Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Incredible Pizza

Default Re: Incredible pizza no more in okc

Good, that place sucks!

They were always packed, kind of surprised. I go to church next door and it's always slammed, I wondered though as it wasn't packed these last two weeks. I agree with the other posters, it wasn't that special. Too bad we can't get a Sega Gameworks or something.

they had a "capture audience" with a load of church folks, who didnt want to fight lines and where the kids would eat more readily.
    been there once and it was lousy.
    those "family value games" tend to be lame and overpriced.
    I never take a package deal on vacations, unless I can find it as a real family value.

I would like for you to know that the rumors that Incredible Pizza is closing are not true. Quote from the store... "we are still in business and will be changing our name soon. We will continue to provide Great service, and Fun Atmosphere and familiar faces you have come to enjoy." Meaning they will still be open and will still be the same as before, they are just haveing a new name and new logos.

5. Default Re: Incredible pizza to rename locations in OKC

Guys, just fyi - I'm pretty sure ipcrocks is with the store since I contacted them 20 minutes ago and told them about this thread. Remember, sometimes store and restaurant employees are not allowed to go out and speak beyond what they've been told. I've left a message with the local operator and at the national office - but this statement is legit. Bottom line - they say it's not closing. Hopefully they'll call me back and explain more for a short story because these rumors spread quickly and can only hurt them.

Default Re: Incredible pizza to rename locations in OKC

I re-titled the thread to "rename" rather than "close".

Will the renaming also improve the quality of pizza? :-P I went once and wasn't greatly impressed. Mostly seems like a way for parents to lose money to games.

8. Default Re: Incredible pizza to rename locations in OKC

The new name will be "Mediocre Pizza-Like Substance".

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ipcrocks View Post
    I would like for you to know that the rumors that Incredible Pizza is closing are not true. Quote from the store... "we are still in business and will be changing our name soon. We will continue to provide Great service, and Fun Atmosphere and familiar faces you have come to enjoy." Meaning they will still be open and will still be the same as before, they are just haveing a new name and new logos.
    In fairness, the original poster stated that Incredible pizza was no more, and that it was being renamed, just a bad choice of title, but he was right about the Incredible Pizza part being no more technically.

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    Oh then Hideaway must have bought the place. No body does mediocre better than Hideway, Mazzios or Dominos.

fyi look at incredible pizza web site okc is no longer listed but all others are still there, incredible sold there okc location. its no longer part of the ipc, and thanks metro. . the title can be changed, the lady i talk to at ipc acted like they where going to close for a short period to change things, and she stated all that we will still be that great family place, i think they are told to say that..

I hope they clean the place up a bit and improve the pizza quality.

14. Default Re: Incredible pizza to rename locations in OKC

wow. such a chipper bunch.

our family enjoyed Incredible Pizza. their food reminds me of Mr. Gatti's. it wasn't the best in the world, but then, i didn't expect it to be. my girls always have fun there, and we don't spend more than $30 for a night of family fun.

much prefer it to Chuck E. Cheese or CiCi's.

30 bucks for a night of family fun at incredible pizza?
    You must be a family of 1 and the night of fun must
    consist of three rounds of skee ball and the rest the free
    movies in the choke and puke room.

Seriously though, isn't it like 12 bucks just to get in?

I've never talked to a soul who thought their pizza was
    even mediocre. Their games are overpriced, but hey,
    they're always packed........but then again, so is McDonalds.
    As the saying goes, there's "Margin in Marketing".

My daughter and I are going to Hideaway tonight and afterward,
    she wants me to go get her 50 cents worth of crap prizes that would
    ordinarily cost me $200 bucks at Incredible Pizza. That's gonna
    be my fun night out......

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Stark View Post
    ... their food reminds me of Mr. Gatti's. ...
    That's a blast from the past I haven't thought of in quite a spell.

I WANT to be chipper, as it were, about this place. I do. I've been there a few times and enjoy the mini-bowling concession---but you can't play a full game for cheaper than an actual game on a *real* lane (which they used to have, by the way, but they were automated by means of a monstrosity called a "string pinsetter", which is easy to maintain but isn't legal as the pins do not fall accurately), the ersatz buffet is a mandatory purchase upon entering, and the employees are grim---not that I blame them, mind, but nonetheless.

Everyone else took my words about the other disadvantages.

We went there once or twice -- I thought it was kinda fun. No need to dump on it -- it fills a role. If you want great pizza, go to the wedge or go home and throw one on the grill (the pizza crust you can buy in bulk at the cafe at Sams is really great on the grill if you dont want to make your own).

And no shots at CiCis. We took the little monster there last weekend and I was really stunned at how good some of the pizza was, coming from an assembly line type of place. And as a still somewhat shell-shocked new parent, its so great to have somewhere where you can get out with the baby and it doesnt matter one bit if he yells or screams, because he wont be louder than the t-ball awards ceremony or the 6-year old spinning around in circles trying to make himself fall down.

My mom loves the pizza here to death.... I on the other hand would rather eat dog poo.. I wish they would tear this place down.

Great concept and I liked the decor/themed rooms etc. But it was false advertising (IMO) to call it Incredible Pizza, because the pizza was truly horrendous. Some of their other items were passable. Am surprised to see it change though as it seemed fairly packed. Even though they only took over about half the old Wally World space the parking lot seemed almost as full as when WW was there.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    That's a blast from the past I haven't thought of in quite a spell.
    True. Mr. Gattis was still in Norman when I moved back in '85 and thought it was pretty good (think it got gutted/converted/renovated into a Taco Bueno). Found one in the Arlington TX area and was really disappointed. Not the way I remember it at all.

I really, REALLY miss Crystal's Pizza

same here i am still a big crystals fan, we need it brought back

I want Godfather's pizza back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. Default Re: Incredible pizza to rename locations in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeesFan View Post
    I want Godfather's pizza back!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ???

there's one at NE122nd and I-35

Thread Information