Widgets Magazine
Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 297475767778798081 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2025

Thread: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by okcrun View Post
    They know that we DESERVE THIS!! Can't wait for it to be built!!!
    If we deserve it enough, are REALLY good year round, don’t use improper terminology over the radio, and don’t anger the airport director on the shelf…the FAA MIGHT clear Santa to bring it to us fully assembled. But on this late May Day, all we have is hope.

Quote Originally Posted by okcrun View Post
    They know that we DESERVE THIS!! Can't wait for it to be built!!!
    I really hope you are being sarcastic...

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    I really hope you are being sarcastic...
    Yes. He’s bringing the sarcasm we deserve.

4. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

No more hurdles, now we will see if this is the real deal. Next should be building permits, etc. This sure does have a lot of moving pieces and companies involved to be a whole lot of nothing. Optimistic to see dirt start turning.

6. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    No more hurdles, now we will see if this is the real deal. Next should be building permits, etc. This sure does have a lot of moving pieces and companies involved to be a whole lot of nothing. Optimistic to see dirt start turning.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

7. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

If even the smaller buildings get built, it's a win. I think the funding is all about those structures, they just aren't being too open about clarifying that, leaving the impression that they have funding for the tower too. I do not think that they have that since they said it was dependent on demand from the first 3.

As my wife says, "we don't always have to tell everything we know" :P

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...l/73976299007/

Matteson said the start date, initially set for this summer, is delayed until this fall due to the timing it took for the rezoning request because the outcome of the Legends Tower plays into initial site work.

“We can’t just do it for the three towers,” Matteson said. “They are all connected with underground parking and utilities.”

Matteson said the site work will take about six months, followed by up to 18 months of construction. The Legacy Tower is set to be built as part of a second phase with Matteson acknowledging its ultimate scope will depend on market reaction to the first two apartment towers.
    This rationale makes no sense. The zoning was approved completely on schedule and city council gave their final approval (always a rubber stamp) without delay. And when the zoning was first approved, Matteson said at that time they would start this summer.

Did it just now occur to them that Legends Tower has to be integrated into the rest of the development?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

This rationale makes no sense. The zoning was approved completely on schedule and city council gave their final approval (always a rubber stamp) without delay. And when the zoning was first approved, Matteson said at that time they would start this summer.

Did it just now occur to them that Legends Tower has to be integrated into the rest of the development?
    It almost sounds like he didn't expect them to approve it. Time to make up a new excuse for the next delay.

Have to do the 'wind study' because FAA took too long to approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Blaming the timing of the rezoning request is such a weird thing to do, especially given the info you provided that it was all done on schedule. It sounds like just another delay. Time will tell, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    It almost sounds like he didn't expect them to approve it. Time to make up a new excuse for the next delay.

Have to do the 'wind study' because FAA took too long to approve.
    Either that or he just didn't expect it all to move so fast? I agree, it's just an excuse to further delay.

However, I'm not at all knowledgeable about projects like this. Can nothing get started?

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Either that or he just didn't expect it all to move so fast? I agree, it's just an excuse to further delay.

However, I'm not at all knowledgeable about projects like this. Can nothing get started?
    The next excuse may be they can't tear up the parking lot because of the upcoming demolition of old convention center and parking garage. Have to watch out for the interest of people who don't like walking more than one block after all.

The next excuse may be they can't tear up the parking lot because of the upcoming demolition of old convention center and parking garage. Have to watch out for the interest of people who don't like walking more than one block after all.
    Mazaheri drooling

Lovely, can't wait to see if the Burj OKalifa actually gets built

Matteson's strategy is plausible. Makes sense to get everything approved now, with Legends Tower, then trying to come back 3 years later. Also, like he said they can do foundation work, and have utilities in place ready to go to start the tower. Regardless if it will be 1,907 feet, they will have the infrastructure in place to move forward on something.

So was he just planning on giving up with no building there at all if by some chance the city didn't rubberstamp it? Why wouldn't you just plan your site in a way where you could always easily expand in the future?

Sure its plausible that was his strategy. Just makes him look like an amateur though.

So was he just planning on giving up with no building there at all if by some chance the city didn't rubberstamp it? Why wouldn't you just plan your site in a way where you could always easily expand in the future?

Sure its plausible that was his strategy. Just makes him look like an amateur though.
    I don't know how easily you can plan for a future 1,907 for tower. So having all the ducks in a row before any ground is broken seems fair. The sure work for it is likely way different than for a 30-story tower. Why disrupt tenants in the other buildings with future site work?

18. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    If even the smaller buildings get built, it's a win. I think the funding is all about those structures, they just aren't being too open about clarifying that, leaving the impression that they have funding for the tower too. I do not think that they have that since they said it was dependent on demand from the first 3.

As my wife says, "we don't always have to tell everything we know" :P
    the only thing is, the three towers were quoted at $735 million or so previously but they're saying the project is $1.5 billion. Could the supertall be built for $765 million? Also, does the TIF give the project additional budget of $200 million?
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

From AO architecture, Facebook page

#IntheNews: Receiving the greenlight for unlimited building height yesterday from the Oklahoma City Council, The Boardwalk at Bricktown is poised to become America's tallest tower. In an article published today by ENR, structural engineer Ola Johansson, principal at Thornton Tomasetti, shares insights on the sophisticated performance-based structural design approach planned for the project. Read on to learn how this groundbreaking tower will be engineered to withstand wind loads—including tornadoes—and seismic loads expected at the site.

Stay tuned for more updates on this monumental project!

Read more: https://bit.ly/4bEOfYt

#AOmixeduse #TheBoardwalkAtBricktown #TallestTower #StructuralEngineering #OklahomaCity #InnovativeDesign

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7669.jpeg 
Views:	203 
Size:	337.8 KB 
ID:	18895

20. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

duplicate

Smh….

I don't think I'll ever be convinced that this is a worthwhile idea.

23. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

^^^^^^^^^^^
    I'm ambivalent regarding the supertall, because I don't believe that it works on a spreadsheet, and know from experience that if things that things requiring investors and finance don't work on a spreadsheet, they don't become reality. If they've figured out how to make it cash flow, whatever.

HOWEVER, pretty much everything else on that project absolutely IS a worthwhile idea. ESPECIALLY with the benefit of $200 million in TIF.

I wish Legends tower could have its own thread and the 3 realistic towers could have their own.

America's Tallest Skyscraper Approved With 'Unlimited Height' https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/am...ht/ar-BB1o65vL

Thread Information