Widgets Magazine
Page 78 of 81 FirstFirst ... 28737475767778798081 LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2021

Thread: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    What was 71% complete and where did he say this?

Matteson was not at the Planning Commission meeting that approved this project.
    I heard it was 71.3333(repeating)% complete.

Quote Originally Posted by okcrun View Post
    Hopefully the FAA is aware that we deserve this and can expedite the approval
    If not, maybe we should send the FAA a letter declaring our city’s supreme eternal deservingness for such a thupertall building.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    I'd love to see this move to the REHCO lands, with the three towers moving up to 450' and the Legends Tower going up to 1000'. This is more reasonable to me in terms of location and height appropriate while also expanding the skyline. This would also allow 'proper' redevelopment of the Paycom site and the balance of the Cox site, creating a true dense downtown expansion with 'acceptable' height. Also, it'd probably be the only thousand footer chance we'll have for quite some time, so I don't want to cut Legends Tower too short.

But hey, if they can get it done at the location and with 1,907' - more power to them. I just think it MIGHT make the rest of downtown a little more difficult to fill-in for a while, while we allow Boardwalk to fill.
    I wouldn’t lose sleep over it.

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    The optimal height is halfway between the height of BancFirst and Devon. Around 650 feet.
    This is the proper answer, in my opinion. Anything in that realm will be providential to balancing the skyline.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    I heard it was 71.3333(repeating)% complete.
    What Matteson meant was the FAA PDF form was still downloading and was at 71% before he left the office He can't afford the faster internet.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    what matteson meant was the faa pdf form was still downloading and was at 71% before he left the office he can't afford the faster internet.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    This is the proper answer, in my opinion. Anything in that realm will be providential to balancing the skyline.
    To me, "balancing the skyline" is such a weird thing to prioritize. I think the "proper" height is whatever creates a more vibrant, walkable neighborhood. If we're talking about dreams, I'd love to convert this entire project into 4-6 story mixed use buildings to fill holes in core.

8. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Pete, I believe it was in the OKC Planning meeting where the developer mentioned the FAA status.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    Pete, I believe it was in the OKC Planning meeting where the developer mentioned the FAA status.
    The developer was not at the Planning Commission meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    To me, "balancing the skyline" is such a weird thing to prioritize. I think the "proper" height is whatever creates a more vibrant, walkable neighborhood. If we're talking about dreams, I'd love to convert this entire project into 4-6 story mixed use buildings to fill holes in core.
    In the overarching pursuit of creating a cohesive urban fabric you’re saying the right things, but this is just conjecture about making an improbable building fit into the skyline.

Blog Entries

. . . Genius, really!

Don't recall if this was previously posted . . .

Blog Entries

. . . And there's this

How do you lower the temperature on the attention Oklahoma City is getting; or should it be a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    . . . And there's this

How do you lower the temperature on the attention Oklahoma City is getting; or should it be a concern.
    1k views in a month. Or 33.333 a day. This doesn't have nearly as much widespread infamy as people on here think.

Not one bit of a concern.

There are so many of these trash Youtube and TikTok channels which just take clips from other media sources and splice them into a 'video'.

Not only do they not provide anything new, they are ripping off the content of people doing the actual work of creating and reporting.

There are so many of these trash Youtube and TikTok channels which just take clips from other media sources and splice them into a 'video'.

Not only do they not provide anything new, they are ripping off the content of people doing the actual work of creating and reporting.
    So much of the internet has become useless, especially social media. I kind of assume it's AI until proven otherwise at this point.

In that second video at 4:08, it says the Boardwalk space will have "one thousand one hundred square feet of retail and dining space". lol

Blog Entries

If Oklahoma City can get the Dream & Unscripted Hotels phase I (3 towers at 345 feet) built and within the next decade see something that rivals or exceeds the Devon Tower by 100 feet (944 - 1,000 feet) it will be a major accomplishment in shaping the skyline.

Also anxious to get the new $900 million plus arena built on the present PCM 4-square block site. Hope they come up with a memorable design that leaves an impression where when you see it, people will say that's Oklahoma City's arena.

17. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

someone representing him or his team
    The developer was not at the Planning Commission meeting.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    In that second video at 4:08, it says the Boardwalk space will have "one thousand one hundred square feet of retail and dining space". lol
    Whoa!

You may able to fit four...no, five tables in there.

Just found it on the internet:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	444752611_10226544424981187_254460770109631128_n.jpeg 
Views:	317 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	18848

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    Just found it on the internet:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	444752611_10226544424981187_254460770109631128_n.jpeg 
Views:	317 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	18848
    That actually looks pretty cool! I hope that it does happen.

Plans for nation's tallest building would transform Oklahoma City. But residents are skeptical.
    https://www.kosu.org/local-news/2024...AtD_i9uetymjTC

Meanwhile, it's been asked about earlier in this thread about the status of the $5.5 billion green refinery planned to start construction in Cushing this year. It was never answered. But rumor has it that it's off. The company changed its mind and will build it in Texas at one of the sites that had been under consideration in addition to Cushing. So, I won't be surprised if a rumor gets started that the Legends Tower will move to Austin and will be shortened to 1845 ft., the year Texas became a state. Of course, plenty of people must think the whole thing will be called off. It's never moving anywhere, including up. Heck, the green refinery may be an even bigger pie in the sky fantasy than the Legends Tower and Heartland Park put together.

Quote Originally Posted by clewis39 View Post
    That actually looks pretty cool! I hope that it does happen.
    Well at least we know that the FAA is onboard!

This always earns a chuckle from me. Especially when it's in an unrelated project's thread and other posters don't know the reference. I'm so easily amused.

They know that we DESERVE THIS!! Can't wait for it to be built!!!

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    This always earns a chuckle from me. Especially when it's in an unrelated project's thread and other posters don't know the reference. I'm so easily amused.
    LOL, the 3-5 subsequent posts of complete confusion, agitation, serious responses from those who don’t get it and people playing along are always solid comedy for a fairly tame message board.

Thread Information