Widgets Magazine
Page 78 of 86 FirstFirst ... 287374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2146

Thread: University of Oklahoma Sports

Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

DG announced his decision to enter the transfer portal. Sounds like the JA era will start in the Alamo bowl.

interesting decision... i wonder if he will follow lebby (again) to mississippi state.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    interesting decision... i wonder if he will follow lebby (again) to mississippi state.
    Wouldn’t surprise me but he’s going to have better options than that if he wants them. Oregon looks like it could be a candidate

Kinda surprising but I'm good with it & bowl game is perfect opportunity to start the Arnold era. DG knew this was Arnolds team next year IMO. Obviously the hype & expectations are off the chart for Arnold.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    LOL FSU is a blue blood and couldn't get in with no losses. Only reason Texas is in cause of the win over Bama. If they didn't have that win they were not getting it.
    I believe FSU should have been in. I believe the entire season's body of work is important.

But as for the blue blood deal, a quick Google search and you'll find that sure there are a few that think FSU is a blue blood, but most agree they are not. They are what would be considered "new money" along with the likes of Florida or even Clemson. Some success, but not the level of almost continuous success for over 80 years and a rich history. FSU is not the same blue-blood status of schools like OU, Alabama, Ohio State, or Southern Cal -- each whom have almost sustained success all-time. They did have success under the Bobbie Bowden years with titles finally coming into the 90s and then Fisher. Now I know this is all debatable, but here's one such article that gives a pretty good breakdown:

https://mikefarrellsports.com/featur...d-status-check

You're absolutely right, Texas is in because of their win over Alabama, and they are very hot.

I would like to see the CFP committee completely replaced by the OG BCS computers especially with the upcoming 12-team playoff. I'm of the belief that the OG BCS computer system got it right each time because it was it was completely data driven and had no human element. Of course that's why the national media didn't like it because yes it left out some of their perennial darlings as I like to call them so they slowly started putting "human" input into it and then eventually shut it down. They couldn't stand that the computer allowed a team like Hawaii play in a BCS bowl. I truly believe that the computers would have put FSU in because it would take the human decision making out of it an go purely on the data of the complete season.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRealtor View Post
    Kinda surprising but I'm good with it & bowl game is perfect opportunity to start the Arnold era. DG knew this was Arnolds team next year IMO. Obviously the hype & expectations are off the chart for Arnold.
    Surprising that it was before the bowl game but not all that surprising. Always figured he’d transfer if he didn’t declare for the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Surprising that it was before the bowl game but not all that surprising. Always figured he’d transfer if he didn’t declare for the draft.
    Last chance to get some good NIL money.

Plenty of schools will pay top-dollar for a quality QB.

Mississippi State, following Lebby would be my guess. DG already has the offensive system down.

I think I've read that Gabriel was going to go play his last season at Hawaii, or maybe that was rumor.

Kyle McCord starting qb for tOSU entered the portal as well.

11. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

NIL is almost definitely a major factor.
    Also somewhere that stats can most likely be run up to enhance draft stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

yep he’s going to get a great deal and will kill it for someone who needs a qb next year.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    I think I've read that Gabriel was going to go play his last season at Hawaii, or maybe that was rumor.
    not real likely given the state of that program but I’ve heard he wants to play on the west coast so it’s easier for his family to see his games.

not real likely given the state of that program but I’ve heard he wants to play on the west coast so it’s easier for his family to see his games.
    My thoughts also. I wouldn't think it would be beneficial for him to go to Hawaii.

almost no chance of that they don't really have any NIL money ..

Until Dillion lands somewhere or he tells, the reason for entering the portal is unclear. Unable to compete with a sophomore? Need for more NIL money? Looking to play in front of his family and local Hawaiians? Learning how to coach via as a GA? Desire to stay in the B12?
    It's all speculation now with any of the above plausible if not likely.

I believe FSU should have been in. I believe the entire season's body of work is important.

But as for the blue blood deal, a quick Google search and you'll find that sure there are a few that think FSU is a blue blood, but most agree they are not. They are what would be considered "new money" along with the likes of Florida or even Clemson. Some success, but not the level of almost continuous success for over 80 years and a rich history. FSU is not the same blue-blood status of schools like OU, Alabama, Ohio State, or Southern Cal -- each whom have almost sustained success all-time. They did have success under the Bobbie Bowden years with titles finally coming into the 90s and then Fisher. Now I know this is all debatable, but here's one such article that gives a pretty good breakdown:

https://mikefarrellsports.com/featur...d-status-check

You're absolutely right, Texas is in because of their win over Alabama, and they are very hot.

I would like to see the CFP committee completely replaced by the OG BCS computers especially with the upcoming 12-team playoff. I'm of the belief that the OG BCS computer system got it right each time because it was it was completely data driven and had no human element. Of course that's why the national media didn't like it because yes it left out some of their perennial darlings as I like to call them so they slowly started putting "human" input into it and then eventually shut it down. They couldn't stand that the computer allowed a team like Hawaii play in a BCS bowl. I truly believe that the computers would have put FSU in because it would take the human decision making out of it an go purely on the data of the complete season.
    I guess it depends on your age if you consider FSU a blue blood or not. Have they fallen off last few years yes but come on. The Seminoles have achieved three undefeated seasons, finished ranked in the top four of the AP Poll for 14 straight years from 1987 through 2000 and completed 41 straight winning seasons from 1977 through 2017; from 2012 through 2014, the team won 29 consecutive games, tied for the twelfth-longest winning streak in college football and tied for the longest winning streak in ACC history; from 1992 through 1995, the team also won 29 consecutive conference games, the longest winning streak in ACC history. The 1999 team received votes from ESPN as one of the top teams in college football history.[3]

I guess it depends on your age if you consider FSU a blue blood or not. Have they fallen off last few years yes but come on. The Seminoles have achieved three undefeated seasons, finished ranked in the top four of the AP Poll for 14 straight years from 1987 through 2000 and completed 41 straight winning seasons from 1977 through 2017; from 2012 through 2014, the team won 29 consecutive games, tied for the twelfth-longest winning streak in college football and tied for the longest winning streak in ACC history; from 1992 through 1995, the team also won 29 consecutive conference games, the longest winning streak in ACC history. The 1999 team received votes from ESPN as one of the top teams in college football history.[3]
    To me, FSU is an excellent program knocking on the door of blue blood status but just not quite there yet. Their success started in the late 1970s with Bowden meanwhile the four I mentioned has sustained success since the early 1900s. Prior to Bowden they were nothing to write home about said for several good seasons. All three of their Heismans came in the 90s, same with the Natty's. For example, OU has had 7 Heismans, 7 Natty's starting many years before. Hey man, not saying they can't get there nor am I saying they're not any good. In fact, since the 90s they're a great team! Again, just my opinion when it comes to the definition of blue blood.

Doesn’t matter how old you are. A team experiencing success a few years at a time or a decade or two doesn’t make them a blueblood. They are on the fringe at best per nearly everyone who covers college football.

To me, FSU is an excellent program knocking on the door of blue blood status but just not quite there yet. Their success started in the late 1970s with Bowden meanwhile the four I mentioned has sustained success since the early 1900s. Prior to Bowden they were nothing to write home about said for several good seasons. All three of their Heismans came in the 90s, same with the Natty's. For example, OU has had 7 Heismans, 7 Natty's starting many years before. Hey man, not saying they can't get there nor am I saying they're not any good. In fact, since the 90s they're a great team! Again, just my opinion when it comes to the definition of blue blood.
    I think they are really close if they keep winning they just haven't been around as long as teams like Michigan. They are one of the top 20 if not top 15 programs in the country.

21. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

I think they are really close if they keep winning they just haven't been around as long as teams like Michigan. They are one of the top 20 if not top 15 programs in the country.
    Not even. Being a blue blood in college football means being as good as FSU is now for an extended period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Until Dillion lands somewhere or he tells, the reason for entering the portal is unclear. Unable to compete with a sophomore? Need for more NIL money? Looking to play in front of his family and local Hawaiians? Learning how to coach via as a GA? Desire to stay in the B12?
    There’s no need for confirmation from DG. It’s very obvious to anyone who follows college football.

1. It can be assumed that he’s been told or the coaching staff has alluded to the fact that they are moving in another direction at QB next year
    2. His draft grade isn’t as high as he’d like it to be
    3. He has at least a year eligibility left.
    4. Good QB’s are reportedly with $1-2 million in the portal and that is more than he thinks he’d get in the NFL right now.
    5. He’s already widely considered to be the best on the list of QB’s in the portal.

He can make more money using his final year(s) of eligibility to play for a team on which he would be guaranteed to start and could improve his draft stock. That is objectively a better option for him than the NFL or staying at OU right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    what are you talking about ...

lol at this entire post ..

I am totally on board with your statement.

There’s no need for confirmation from DG. It’s very obvious to anyone who follows college football.

1. It can be assumed that he’s been told or the coaching staff has alluded to the fact that they are moving in another direction at QB next year
    2. His draft grade isn’t as high as he’d like it to be
    3. He has at least a year eligibility left.
    4. Good QB’s are reportedly with $1-2 million in the portal and that is more than he thinks he’d get in the NFL right now.
    5. He’s already widely considered to be the best on the list of QB’s in the portal.

He can make more money using his final year(s) of eligibility to play for a team on which he would be guaranteed to start and could improve his draft stock. That is objectively a better option for him than the NFL or staying at OU right now.
    Thank you for a well written informative response. Time will tell what happens. However where he lands will give insight as to what he is looking for in his last year of college ball.
    Key Lawrence also entered the portal today. That makes 7 or 8 OU players that went into the portal.

Thread Information