Widgets Magazine
Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28737475767778
Results 1,926 to 1,947 of 1947

Thread: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Arhaus getting very close:

the one thing that you get in person that doesn't come through as well with the photos is how tall the ceilings will be on the retail under the apts ...

they should be great spaces ..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the one thing that you get in person that doesn't come through as well with the photos is how tall the ceilings will be on the retail under the apts ...

Yes. Too often the ground floor retail looks like an afterthought and a hedge. These spaces were designed for retail and should be more attractive to better retailers who want a space they can design into and be proud of.

I will say though, having walked through, the retail space doesn't feel like a large amount. I really think that when the south lots get developed it will make it feel like a true shopping area. Not in any way complaining about what it is built, but think it will feel better with phases 2 and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Lively Hotel has some great lighting that is particularly visible as you round the curve on I-44 westbound.

There appears to be little, if any, lighting on the East side along Penn or the North side along NW Expwy. Is that coming or am I just missing it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by unfundedrick View Post
    There appears to be little, if any, lighting on the East side along Penn or the North side along NW Expwy. Is that coming or am I just missing it?
    The length of the hotel is along Penn, so there is lighting there. The video sign is highly visible on the north along NW Expy

Remember there are a good number of relatively expensive apartments facing the west side of the hotel.

Remember there are a good number of relatively expensive apartments facing the west side of the hotel.
    It still looks very dark next to and on the street. I'm not sure what apartments facing the west side of the hotel have to do with lighting for Penn and NW Expwy but street lights can be directed away from the buildings. There should eventually be a lot of people using the sidewalks along Penn and along NW Expwy who would appreciate better nighttime lighting for safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    The length of the hotel is along Penn, so there is lighting there. The video sign is highly visible on the north along NW Expy
    Neither of those provide much lighting for the street as it appears in the photos. And the street is totally dark to the North of the apartments.

It still looks very dark next to and on the street. I'm not sure what apartments facing the west side of the hotel have to do with lighting for Penn and NW Expwy but street lights can be directed away from the buildings. There should eventually be a lot of people using the sidewalks along Penn and along NW Expwy who would appreciate better nighttime lighting for safety.
    To answer your original question, there are a couple of street lights along NW Expressway along with a light on the corner signal pole at the Expressway and Penn intersection that are just not currently on. This is probably due to ongoing construction in the area. I would assume Penn has a couple of street lights too. Hopefully the city/oge will keep them on once construction is done.

Blog Entries

Neither of those provide much lighting for the street as it appears in the photos. And the street is totally dark to the North of the apartments.
    Sorry, thought you meant lighting on the project. You meant street lights, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Sorry, thought you meant lighting on the project. You meant street lights, correct?
    Yes, that's what I was referring to.

Pottery Barn opens tomorrow (Friday 10/4) and Arhaus opens 10/18.

Williams Sonoma looks almost finished but there is still a ton of construction in the plaza in front; not sure of their timing.

Tommy Bahama Marlin Bar has all its furniture but it looks like they have a ways to go.

Capital Grill opens 10/20.

I am going to the soft opening of the new PB tonight and will send Pete pictures although I don't think I will see anything different than what is posted above.

Well, I’m gonna be coming in maxing out my credit cards at Tommy Bahama. Of course we have that out here in LA, but I’d rather support it in Oklahoma. Maybe once or twice a year I’ll spend a couple hundred bucks there which doesn’t get you too much. But for some reason, I love that brand. No way in hell I could afford the other two stores. I’m flying up to Oklahoma later this month and I’ll probably take my grandparents out to capital Grille. Does anyone think reservations will be needed? I’ve never been to one.

^

Yes, you'll need reservations for Capital Grille.

^

Yes, you'll need reservations for Capital Grille.
    Good to know thank you. I’m leaving November 4th. Hopefully that’ll be enough time for some of the buzz to squeeze out and die down. Unless this becomes Oklahoma City’s Dorsia.

Is that tree cloud art structure chrome plated?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Well, I’m gonna be coming in maxing out my credit cards at Tommy Bahama. Of course we have that out here in LA, but I’d rather support it in Oklahoma. Maybe once or twice a year I’ll spend a couple hundred bucks there which doesn’t get you too much. But for some reason, I love that brand. No way in hell I could afford the other two stores. I’m flying up to Oklahoma later this month and I’ll probably take my grandparents out to capital Grille. Does anyone think reservations will be needed? I’ve never been to one.
    Get on Tommy Bahama's mailing list. I get coupons a couple of times a year for $$50 off if I spend a hundred. (which is easy to do there)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Get on Tommy Bahama's mailing list. I get coupons a couple of times a year for $$50 off if I spend a hundred. (which is easy to do there)
    Thanks for the heads up. I will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    Is that tree cloud art structure chrome plated?
    It appears to be. Hoping it doesn't reflect too much heat in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Good to know thank you. I’m leaving November 4th. Hopefully that’ll be enough time for some of the buzz to squeeze out and die down. Unless this becomes Oklahoma City’s Dorsia.
    you can expect capital grille to be pretty booked for every thursday friday and sat 1-2 weeks+ out year round ..

Thread Information