Widgets Magazine
Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2772737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 1942

Thread: Dallas

Default Re: Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    I mean if they were being proactive, then I would "expect" to see results. There has been no major corporate HQ's move to OKC in decades. I moved back to OKC about 4 months ago after being in DFW and Tampa Florida. I am following OKC business and development and yet to see anything "major" in HQ relocations for OKC. Let's keep pushing OKC Chamber of Commerce to bring bigger prosperity and companies!
    That doesn't explain what you mean by "proactive". What should they do to be "proactive" that they aren't doing? And just saying get results isn't an adequate answer.

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    I mean if they were being proactive, then I would "expect" to see results. There has been no major corporate HQ's move to OKC in decades. I moved back to OKC about 4 months ago after being in DFW and Tampa Florida. I am following OKC business and development and yet to see anything "major" in HQ relocations for OKC. Let's keep pushing OKC Chamber of Commerce to bring bigger prosperity and companies!
    umm contential was 11 years ago

Dallas Wins Coveted Federal Biotech Research Hub

Dallas scores ARPA-H [Advanced Research Projects Agency for Health (ARPA-H)] hub

"The Advanced Research Projects Agency for Health has opted to plant its latest hub location in Dallas. ARPA-H is a federal entity, bearing a $2.5 billion budget, operates within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Its mission is to advance high-impact biomedical and health research activity. The Dallas hub will be located at Pegasus Park, a 26-acre life science and social impact-focused campus established in recent years.
    The project would bring with it new jobs, an influx of talent, federal funds and elevated prestige. It's a victory Dallas' biotech and life sciences sector has been clamoring for since Pegasus Park opened in 2021."

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/n...xperience.html

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...f-campaigning/

Prosper TX just North of Dallas has a population of 38,000 is prepared to plunk down close to $100 million for a high school football stadium that will seat a mere 8,000 people.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ru...9e273337&ei=48

Have you seen the one in Allen Texas? I grew up in North Dallas, but I never spent much time in Allen. Funny enough I was somewhat close to that area as I lived near Campbell and Preston Road. The other day I was doing some Google mapping to go down memory lane and I came across this mega football stadium that I missed took somehow for the Dallas Cowboys but I thought that couldn’t be right because that was closer to Arlington.

Of course I start zooming around and I see that that’s part of the high school complex. That might just be the most impressive high school I’ve ever seen. They have a subway restaurant inside of the high school for highschoolers.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/pnDqJ1oQGxt2WKje8?g_st=ic

Say what you want, but that is awesome. I wish OKC had a suburban area like that that had a cool high school complex that was that fancy. And here I thought Edmond North was a fancy high school lol.

Dallas-Fort Worth homes now less affordable than Chicago, nearing New York costliness

Over the past decade, D-FW incomes have risen 45% while the median home price has more than doubled.Some people may find better deals in Midwestern cities, for example.

Both the D-FW and Chicago areas had median household incomes of about $83,000 in 2022. The median sale price of an existing Dallas-Fort Worth home in spring 2023 was about $390,000, about $27,000 more than Chicago’s median of almost $363,000, according to the National Association of Realtors.In 2013, the median Dallas-Fort Worth home price was $182,000, about $20,000 less than in the Chicago area.

The number of D-FW homes selling for less than $200,000 had already been declining for years prior to 2020, but since then, homes less than $300,000 have quickly become much more of a rarity.
    In 2019, homes in the low $200,000s represented 20% of the market, according to the Texas Real Estate Research Center. In 2022, they made up just 6.5%. Homes in the high $200,000s fell from a 17% to 10.6% share, while the share of sales in all the higher price levels ticked upward through the housing boom.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...rk-costliness/

I would be curious to know the average square footage and lot size of DFW homes vs. Chicago homes.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I would be curious to know the average square footage and lot size of DFW homes vs. Chicago homes.
    "What is the average square footage of a house in Chicago?
    3,330 square feet
    Conversely, single-family homes throughout Chicago and its surrounding areas surpassed the national average for home size — 2,611 square feet — and added an extra 916 square feet since 2010. Now, the average newly built home in the Chicago area totals 3,330 square feet." Chicago Tribune

"Dallas-Fort Worth new home sizes are still ahead of the national average. In 2019, the average new home sold in North Texas was 2,774 square feet, according to housing analyst Metrostudy Inc. D-FW home sizes have fallen from the record 2,910 square feet average set in 2015." - Dallas News

Congrats to the Texas Rangers on there first World Series!!!

10. Default Re: Dallas

Last year Houston, this year Dallas. For a football state, TX is dominating the baseball world right now!

Quote Originally Posted by tvkokc View Post
    "What is the average square footage of a house in Chicago?
    3,330 square feet
    Conversely, single-family homes throughout Chicago and its surrounding areas surpassed the national average for home size — 2,611 square feet — and added an extra 916 square feet since 2010. Now, the average newly built home in the Chicago area totals 3,330 square feet." Chicago Tribune

"Dallas-Fort Worth new home sizes are still ahead of the national average. In 2019, the average new home sold in North Texas was 2,774 square feet, according to housing analyst Metrostudy Inc. D-FW home sizes have fallen from the record 2,910 square feet average set in 2015." - Dallas News
    Keep in mind, Chicago houses have basements where few in Dallas do.

Blog Entries

I spent the day today at Fields Ranch, the new PGA golf facility in Frisco. It’s a really impressive facility and the Omni PGA Resort that overlooks the courses is beautiful. From a golf standpoint, we played Fields Ranch East which is the championship course that hosted the PGA Senior event in May and is set to host many future PGA events including the ‘27 PGA Championship. It is a caddie/walking only course. Logged about 8.5 miles. Course can be stretched to 8,000 yards and with the wind up (like today) is really hard.

Anyway, its quite a golf destination and will be a big focal point for many PGA events for years to come.

DFW Metro Eclipses 8 Million Population

8,060,528 to be exact or a numeric increase of 423,141 from 2020-2023. Behind DFW is the Greater Houston Area with 7,416,564 residents. For reference, estimated Oklahoma population for 2023 is 4.04 million.

https://demographics.texas.gov/Resou...popest_msa.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerman View Post
    DFW Metro Eclipses 8 Million Population

8,060,528 to be exact or a numeric increase of 423,141 from 2020-2023. Behind DFW is the Greater Houston Area with 7,416,564 residents. For reference, estimated Oklahoma population for 2023 is 4.04 million.

https://demographics.texas.gov/Resou...popest_msa.pdf
    CultureMap back in july said by 2028. well that happened fast
    https://dallas.culturemap.com/news/c...-million-2028/

I think Dallas will be Into Oklahoma by 2040. It is already hugging it near US 75

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoKegan View Post
    I think Dallas will be Into Oklahoma by 2040. It is already hugging it near US 75
    By 2040, Prosper, Celina and Anna will be what Allen and McKinney were 10 years ago. Gunter, Dorchester and Van Alstyne will be like Prosper and Anna today. Sherman/Denison is growing into a decent sized metro area on its own with the Texas Instruments plant expected to employ more than 5k people when complete in 2025. The Sherman-Denison metro currently has 140k but could be well over 250k by 2040

Hunt Realty plans $5B downtown Dallas redevelopment

The proposed project will include a dozen new apartment buildings, a hotel, shops and offices next to the new convention center.
    Hunt’s plan calls for constructing a dozen new high-rise residential and commercial buildings with up to 3,000 apartment units, a hotel with 600 to 1,000 rooms, 150,000 square feet of retail space and up to 2 million square feet of office space, as well as a 3- to 4-acre park, according to the Dallas Morning News. It also plans to redevelop the historic Union Station, located across the railroad tracks from Reunion Tower.

reunion.jpg

https://www.constructiondive.com/new...opment/702797/

We shall see if this comes to fruition now that workers don't want to go back to the office.....

Kay Baily Hutchinson convention center. yuk. Hunt family are super wealthy.

Dallas will most likely be hosting the 2026 World Cup Final: https://www.axios.com/local/dallas/2...nal-2026-texas

plans are now out for the texas high speed rail station in dallas

DAL-bullet-train-station-map-11.jpg

My my how much Dallas has changed
    90's

Today:

What City Place would have looked like fully built out.

Dallas had a lot of great proposals during the 80's before the bust.

Another company establishing HQ's in Plano. A Swedish company that has to do with advanced Security knowledge. DFW is becoming more and more an international city.

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/n...-security.html

It seems Dallas (DFW) continues with long term sustainability. It seems like it would weather a prolonged downturn in it's economy. The surprising thing is Dallas is becoming more expensive that Chicago and nearing cost of New York.

25. Default Re: Dallas

Oh how I miss Deep Ellum of the early to mid 90's. What a fantastic playground for a kid from Okc.

Thread Information