Widgets Magazine
Page 76 of 126 FirstFirst ... 267172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 3127

Thread: First National Center

Default Re: First National Center

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    But JTF views everything in OKC as abject failure.
    JTF would prefer to implode the entire city as it stands today (and airport) and build a new urbanist utopia from scratch. How much TIF would that take? I just don't know if we could Pei for it. (I kid, I kid).

Blog Entries

oh we're pei-ing for it all right...

JTF just recognizes the truth, even if he's dogmatic and impolite about it. OKC doesn't have enough people or enough of a tax base to make 600 sq miles of city be "nice". If we want to have a nicer city, we need to start building with more density so the stuff we build can maintain itself.

Quote Originally Posted by hoyasooner View Post
    JTF just recognizes the truth, even if he's dogmatic and impolite about it. OKC doesn't have enough people or enough of a tax base to make 600 sq miles of city be "nice". If we want to have a nicer city, we need to start building with more density so the stuff we build can maintain itself.
    This is completely obvious, but for some reason people on this forum dog on JTF as if he is taking crazy pills. I don't understand why we as OKC cannot admit that the city was/is over its head; we must start correcting the problem somewhere (downtown).

Everyone on this forum has an immeasurable amount of pride for our city, but that doesn't mean we must blindly support every aspect of it. Sometimes even the things you care about need criticism, and that includes our city's past decisions.

5. Default Re: First National Center

I dont think there is any shortage of criticism on this site. What gets maddening is an unending tirade of negativityabout everything that is presented. Its like nails on a blackboard.

Steve's latest on this.

http://www.oklahoman.com/article/544...ional%20Center

Don't look for a rescue from City Hall. They say they're just waiting and watching. When asked why they can't launch an aggressive rescue effort like they did with the Skirvin Hotel, they explain First National Center has yet to hit the same lows. To act without evidence of dilapidation or nuisance could be declared tortious interference.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    That links to a paywall. Do you have a link directly to the article?

Judging by Steve's tone on his twitter he seems pretty worried about the future of it.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post

Judging by Steve's tone on his twitter he seems pretty worried about the future of it.
    There isn't a link available yet unless you're a subscriber and here is more from Steve which piles confusion upon confusion.

Dallas developer says he has contract for Oklahoma City's First National Center | News OK

A Dallas real estate developer claims he now has the contract to buy First National Center and will be attending a court hearing Tuesday where his effort to buy the property will be weighed against that of California developer Stephen Goodman.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    There isn't a link available yet unless you're a subscriber and here is more from Steve which piles confusion upon confusion.

Dallas developer says he has contract for Oklahoma City's First National Center | News OK
    Do you think Mike Sarimsakci might be better fit to take on the task? It sounds like he has a respectable history down in Dallas. Some concern was raised a while back that Stephen Goodman might be in over his head. The worst case scenario will be for another developer to purchase the property and just sit on it like the last several owners have done. One thing that might help prevent that is the fact there may not be much money coming in now that most tenants are vacating. Still, I hope this gets done and done right.

Sarimsakci seems to have a good track record in Dallas but anyone would seem to be an improvement on what has happened to this point.

Sarimsakci is already heavily invested in the Dallas real estate market. He has renovated a long-empty 18-story modernist tower in downtown Dallas as a home for tech startup companies with the aid of historical preservation tax credits.

He's also overseeing the $90-million redevelopment of the 104-year old Butler Brothers building in downtown Dallas that will include a Marriott hotel.
    I also want to give a kudo to Steve. In spite of inferences by some here that he and Brianna were just parroting things about the FNB building that others were saying, he has been in the forefront in bringing information about what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post

See this tweet for a pass through link.

Incidentally, I recommend following Don Mecoy if you are a regular twitter user, he routinely tweets out paywall bypassing links to articles.

You may recall that many months ago I reported that Alterra (Sarimsakci's group) was the leader for the purchase.

And they had extensive discussions with the City at that time.

So, this isn't a case of a new buyer coming in, it's one of the original bidders who has already worked extensively with the sellers and City.

Personally, I'd feel better with the property in Alterra's hands rather than Goodman's.

Just learned that as of this morning, the air conditioning has been cutoff at First National Center.

Already hot in the building at 9:30AM. Few remaining tenants are really in a bad way.

The drama continues!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Personally, I'd feel better with the property in Alterra's hands rather than Goodman's.
    That's the way I feel as well. I like what Goodman has promised but feel better about Alterra's track record.

Just learned that as of this morning, the air conditioning has been cutoff at First National Center.

Already hot in the building at 9:30AM. Few remaining tenants are really in a bad way.

The drama continues!
    Just went to FNC to check it out. was on street level and the hallways weren't bad. Went inside Golden Dragon and boom. definitely can tell inside there.

I guess it's fair to say that sh*t is finally hitting the fan? (a fan that's now only blowing hot air)

How long until the fan's power is cut off?

Also, what's going on with Cafe 7 in all of this? I'm assuming they don't have their own HVAC system.

I don't think Cafe & has their own HVAC system.

The entire FNC complex receives chilled air for a/c (and steam for heat) from Veolia Energy, who has now cut them off due to past-due bills.

18. Default Re: First National Center

Wow....I wonder how many buildings Veolia supplies these days. I would imagine that FNC was probably a big portion of their business considering how dated that technology is (and has been). Not that it's good for them to run any not get anything for it, but I do wonder how detrimental that is to their own business.

You may recall that many months ago I reported that Alterra (Sarimsakci's group) was the leader for the purchase.

And they had extensive discussions with the City at that time.

So, this isn't a case of a new buyer coming in, it's one of the original bidders who has already worked extensively with the sellers and City.

This makes sense. I didn't realize the track record in Dallas for Alterra.

Something just needs to happen - and soon. This grand building needs TLC and it will be a beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    But JTF views everything in OKC as abject failure.
    Peace out Rover.

I'm just going to leave this here and bow out of this topic.

Transactions of Decline ? Strong Towns

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Wow....I wonder how many buildings Veolia supplies these days. I would imagine that FNC was probably a big portion of their business considering how dated that technology is (and has been). Not that it's good for them to run any not get anything for it, but I do wonder how detrimental that is to their own business.
    The network is in 19 buildings, and chilled water/steam, is only a portion of their business.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gurantula35 View Post
    Just went to FNC to check it out. was on street level and the hallways weren't bad. Went inside Golden Dragon and boom. definitely can tell inside there.
    Left the Golden Dragon around 1 p.m. today. Meet my brothers there once every month for lunch (every first Tuesday of the month); we felt that it would be our last meeting there. Now the air-conditioning has been turn off?

Man, what a blow.

At the hearing this afternoon, the judge didn't take any specific action but called for a Thursday AM hearing where he may end up putting the property in the hands of a receiver.

The Nemans want assurances they'll be repaid for the big utility bills before they pay them, and if I was the judge I'd tell them to pound sand. Why should they be reimbursed for merely paying bills during their ownership?

They may have that written into the Goodman sales contract but I happen to know they cut services way, way back a year ago long before the buildings went under contract.

It's really hard to imagine a group of more sleazy, greedy, dishonest, corrupt and irresponsible owners.

Much additional coverage today by Steve and Brianna.

OKC Central blog player

OKC Central blog player

NewsOK Videos | First National Center in limbo

Judge considers placing First National Center in receivership | News OK

Calling the situation an emergency, a federal judge said Tuesday that he will consider placing the distressed First National Center in the control of a receiver.
    "In the court's view, it's gone from an urgent situation to an emergency situation,and possibly one of public safety," Friot said.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cotter View Post
    The network is in 19 buildings, and chilled water/steam, is only a portion of their business.
    Thanks for this - never knew how it was structured!

Thread Information