Widgets Magazine
Page 76 of 86 FirstFirst ... 267172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 2146

Thread: University of Oklahoma Sports

Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I'm glad for a win in our last Big12 game. But Venables still has a lot of work to do on our defense. Next year he'll have his recruits so I expect improvement.
    Yep. D still needs some work but they're showing flashes. Got a monster on the D line coming in that should make an immediate impact. Saving grace has been the knack for big plays and turnovers to put points on the board. All in all 10-2 is a great turnaround from 6-6 in regular season last year. We're a good kicker and a couple of extremely questionable calls away from being 12-0 even though by OUr standards we still aren't great.

2. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRealtor View Post
    Yep. D still needs some work but they're showing flashes. Got a monster on the D line coming in that should make an immediate impact. Saving grace has been the knack for big plays and turnovers to put points on the board. All in all 10-2 is a great turnaround from 6-6 in regular season last year. We're a good kicker and a couple of extremely questionable calls away from being 12-0 even though by OUr standards we still aren't great.
    Yeah. Riley kept saying "We're very close". He's still saying that at USC. They're not. With two losses by 8 points total we are close. And a decent kicker would have helped with those. I was elated when we made a 40 yard FG today that didn't even matter. I screamed like it was a game winner.

Nice buzzer-beating win for OU basketball over USC today. First 6-0 start since the 2015-16 season, most likely going to be a borderline Top 25 team as of Monday’s poll. https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status...82207687405996

4. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Nice buzzer-beating win for OU basketball over USC today. First 6-0 start since the 2015-16 season, most likely going to be a borderline Top 25 team as of Monday’s poll. https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status...82207687405996
    Yes! I'm just not BB fan but the OU game was on after the football game and the ending was a blast to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    That is a really hard fought game, I am very proud of the team and Sooners should enjoy their championship since it is probably the only championship that Sooners will get

Seeing a lot of Lebby to MSU but not any of the major sites yet. Surely Arnold wouldn't follow to a school like that.

Arnold's dad told the OU Daily yesterday that Lebby's departure would not affect his son's status as OU's quarterback in 2024. "It doesn't affect Jackson. He plays for OU" is the quote. This report comes from Sooner Sports Daily instagram page.

Seeing a lot of Lebby to MSU but not any of the major sites yet. Surely Arnold wouldn't follow to a school like that.
    I sure hope so but I am not going to hold my breath and Roof should be gone too

It's official. Lebby is on his way to Starkville

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    It's official. Lebby is on his way to Starkville
    Good bye, he will not be missed, now Roof has to go but I am not holding my breath on that

11. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Why won't he be missed? What did he do to you?

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Why won't he be missed? What did he do to you?
    Nothing, his play calling is garbage sometimes so we will not miss that!

13. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

No OC is perfect. Overall, his play calling was good. You might want to rethink your position if Jackson Arnold decides to follow him.

Yeah, I’m not thrilled with losing Lebby. As bad as play calling was in a couple games, he’s still an extremely talented OC.

15. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Lebby had a couple of games that were really bland, unimaginative play calling. But overall he's been a good OC. And now as always we have to find someone that is as good or better, fits in, etc.
    As far as Arnold has anyone actually read anything except his dad saying he wasn't leaving. I could see QBs following Riley since he seemingly was creating Heisman Trophy winners. But Lebby isn't the same "guru" Riley was.

It's truly an honor to be on the same forum with all of these football coaching experts.

lebby wasn't bad, but in his last two seasons i don't think i can say he's an offensive genius. i'm also fine with leaving behind the occasional drama he brings due to his association with baylor and art briles. i think he could be a decent successor to mike leech at mississippi state... but of course, nobody could ever truly replace a personality like leech.

Lebby is good, not great IMO. Miss St is a tough job and I'd be surprised if he makes it more than 2-3 seasons there. Think a couple more years in Norman would have served him well. So long as Arnold doesn't bolt we will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Lebby had a couple of games that were really bland, unimaginative play calling. But overall he's been a good OC. And now as always we have to find someone that is as good or better, fits in, etc.
    As far as Arnold has anyone actually read anything except his dad saying he wasn't leaving. I could see QBs following Riley since he seemingly was creating Heisman Trophy winners. But Lebby isn't the same "guru" Riley was.
    And Starkville is not southern California either.

Lebby is good, not great IMO. Miss St is a tough job and I'd be surprised if he makes it more than 2-3 seasons there. Think a couple more years in Norman would have served him well. So long as Arnold doesn't bolt we will be fine.
    my statement has been this. when lebby's game plan wasn't perfect, he struggled to make in game adjustments. which sort of makes sense. while he called plays at both UCF and Ole Miss... he was calling plays for someone elses game plan, because it was absolutely kiffens offense him working on the weekly game plans, and also him at half talking with lebby about adjustments to make. when he is the one having to do that, he seems to struggle.

21. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    And Starkville is not southern California either.
    Very true.

I think Lebby was under appreciated by many OU fans. I see on so many media outlets people roasting him on his way out the door, saying sayonara in just some really harsh ways. But really, in arguably one of the programs darkest hours, along with Venables he came in and brought Gabriel with him and pretty much kept our program relevant after the weasel left in the middle of the night for SC. I wholeheartedly agree that during his two seasons here there were some bland moments of offense, but he kept the program afloat. And this season, though losing a nasty heartbreaker to Kansas, this staff exceeded expectations. His quarterback threw for over 3,600 yards (over 3,100 last year) and his offense scored 30+ points in 9 games and 50+ points in 5 of those.

All-in-all, I think he was slightly above average for OCs due to his seemingly lack of adjustments. And I can't dismiss the OU/Texas shut-out debacle last season and playing that Beville QB. To me, that game is where he could have really come out and shined to show us SOMETHING.... ANYTHING.... but there was no genius there.

Now, how about Kliff Kingsbury for OC??

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    I think Lebby was under appreciated by many OU fans. I see on so many media outlets people roasting him on his way out the door, saying sayonara in just some really harsh ways. But really, in arguably one of the programs darkest hours, along with Venables he came in and brought Gabriel with him and pretty much kept our program relevant after the weasel left in the middle of the night for SC. I wholeheartedly agree that during his two seasons here there were some bland moments of offense, but he kept the program afloat. And this season, though losing a nasty heartbreaker to Kansas, this staff exceeded expectations. His quarterback threw for over 3,600 yards (over 3,100 last year) and his offense scored 30+ points in 9 games and 50+ points in 5 of those.

All-in-all, I think he was slightly above average for OCs due to his seemingly lack of adjustments. And I can't dismiss the OU/Texas shut-out debacle last season and playing that Beville QB. To me, that game is where he could have really come out and shined to show us SOMETHING.... ANYTHING.... but there was no genius there.

Now, how about Kliff Kingsbury for OC??
    Hard pass, I do not want any coach that worked with Riley

24. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    my statement has been this. when lebby's game plan wasn't perfect, he struggled to make in game adjustments. which sort of makes sense. while he called plays at both UCF and Ole Miss... he was calling plays for someone elses game plan, because it was absolutely kiffens offense him working on the weekly game plans, and also him at half talking with lebby about adjustments to make. when he is the one having to do that, he seems to struggle.
    Yes. He did a very good job mostly. We had the 5th most productive offense in the country this season. Pretty good! But in tough situations when adjustments had to be made it really looked like he struggled. Usually getting very conservative and leaving what had been working all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    Hard pass, I do not want any coach that worked with Riley
    Okay that's a good point I hadn't even thought about!

Thread Information