Widgets Magazine
Page 76 of 78 FirstFirst ... 267172737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 1942

Thread: Dallas

Default Re: Dallas

This was from 4/25/2023 Dallas Biz Journal updating the project. Since it’s behind a pay wall I pulled an old article.
    IMG_0172.jpg

Nearly 2 billion new terminal moving forward at DFW Intl Airport: https://www.fox4news.com/news/dfw-ai...expansion-plan

The Texas Triangle. Interesting article about the area from Dallas to San Antonio to Houston;
    https://www.dmagazine.com/publicatio...exas-triangle/
    Last edited by Bowser214; 05-17-2023 at 08:03 PM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Nearly 2 billion new terminal moving forward at DFW Intl Airport: https://www.fox4news.com/news/dfw-ai...expansion-plan
    This will probably push the passenger numbers at DFW to 85 million when Terminal F opens?

DFW Metroplex Population About To Cross 8 Million

2021 Population: 7,773,289
    2022 Population: 7,943,685
    Numeric Change: 170,396

Dallas green spaces moving in on Austin. Much improvement!

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/comm...tops-in-texas/

Dallas-Fort Worth Population Headed to 8.5 Million

In 2028 ….

https://fortworth.culturemap.com/new...pulation-2028/

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerman View Post
    Dallas-Fort Worth Population Headed to 8.5 Million

In 2028 ….

https://fortworth.culturemap.com/new...pulation-2028/
    From the Oklahoma perspective, does Ardmore or Durant benefit from any of this growth, or are they too far north, as both are roughly an hour from the core of DFW.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    From the Oklahoma perspective, does Ardmore or Durant benefit from any of this growth, or are they too far north, as both are roughly an hour from the core of DFW.
    Durant, absolutely. Bryan County is part of the DFW CSA. Ardmore not as much but that will likely increase since it’s the largest city between Gainesville and Norman. The area around Thackerville in Love County and north shore of Lake Texoma in Marshall County will also continue to see spillover growth. I wouldn’t be surprised if both counties are in the DFW CSA by 2030.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Durant, absolutely. Bryan County is part of the DFW CSA. Ardmore not as much but that will likely increase since it’s the largest city between Gainesville and Norman. The area around Thackerville in Love County and north shore of Lake Texoma in Marshall County will also continue to see spillover growth. I wouldn’t be surprised if both counties are in the DFW CSA by 2030.

i agree with this also i think if you want to get ahead of the DFW metro i would suggest buying some land with tons of acreage in Madill, Kingston, Thackerville, or Marietta and when the growth hits you can sell your plots of land and make a lot of money

Man I wish we could get 1/10th of the development they have!

Quote Originally Posted by sroberts24 View Post
    Be careful what you wish for, cause once they start coming it's hard to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by sroberts24 View Post
    They don't have the infrastructure for their projects. Hence traffic being butt cheeks all over the metroplex.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    They don't have the infrastructure for their projects. Hence traffic being butt cheeks all over the metroplex.
    Yep, now imagine OKC's horrible traffic infrastructure/planning with DFW, Austin, or Denver levels of growth. Happy to stay at the 10-15% growth/decade rate that we've been at until we fix it, not that I'm confident we'll ever see it fixed in our lifetimes.

OKC has good infrastructure bones. PLENTY of right-of-way on all the interstates and major city streets. The grid is intact in most areas of the city, even along rivers and railroad areas where the grid traditionally gets chopped up. The airport has plenty of room to expand or even start from scratch if some kind of mind-blowing growth happened. The city is served by two major Class 1 railroads that can support the city's industrial needs.

There's no reason a parabolic growth in OKC, should it happen (and I think it's not likely), could not be supported by the current infrastructure (it would obviously need capacity expansions but the general foot print is impressive and wouldn't require reworking.

Not much ROW on I-35 in south central but yeah for the most part you’re right.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post

I disagree since not many people will want to move to the Oklahoma side, due to having to pay the Oklahoma income tax. Very great, though, how Durant is able to grow as possibly the fastest growing Oklahoma town outside of an Oklahoma metro, largely thanks to the Choctaws, not DFW.

As long as Oklahoma has a state income tax, Gainesville, TX is in a lot better shape to grow faster than Ardmore.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    OKC has good infrastructure bones. PLENTY of right-of-way on all the interstates and major city streets. The grid is intact in most areas of the city, even along rivers and railroad areas where the grid traditionally gets chopped up. The airport has plenty of room to expand or even start from scratch if some kind of mind-blowing growth happened. The city is served by two major Class 1 railroads that can support the city's industrial needs.

There's no reason a parabolic growth in OKC, should it happen (and I think it's not likely), could not be supported by the current infrastructure (it would obviously need capacity expansions but the general foot print is impressive and wouldn't require reworking.
    I agree with you on the Metro having good infrastructure bones. My issue lies mostly with the lack of planning across the Metro. Traffic lights aren't timed correctly. Large stretches of pavement are falling into disrepair. Many of our major arterial roads don't have center turn lanes or medians, and many of our busiest intersections don't have dedicated right turn lanes. Are all of these things possible to fix? Yes. But no one in the Metro as of yet has shown any initiative to actually go about fixing these things, and changing that mindset is easier said than done. The DFW Metroplex is far more forward-thinking than the OKC Metro when it comes to planning for growth, and they are still dealing with huge issues in terms of scaling up their transportation infrastructure.

Dallas Museum of Art picks little-known Spanish architects for museum expansion. In a bold move, architects Nieto Sobejano are selected to ‘reimagine’ the DMA.

https://blooloop.com/museum/news/dal...o-arquitectos/

The Dallas Museum of Art in Texas has chosen Madrid-based firm Nieto Sobejano Arquitectos to reimagine its campus following an international design competition.
    The architecture firm described their proposal as “a reflection of the original building, transforming the relationship between art, landscape, and community into a balance of memory and innovation”.
    The winning concept design addresses circulation, sustainability and gallery space expansion while respecting the 1984 Edward Larrabee Barnes building.
    It includes a new floating contemporary art gallery on the roof. It also rebalances the north and south façades, adding an exterior LED-generated artwork and transparent glazing.
    Project cost is $175M.

4-Ross-Avenue-Plaza-View-©-Nieto-Sobejano-Arquitectos-and-MRC-2000x1125.jpg

3-View-from-Klyde-Warren-Park-©-Nieto-Sobejano-Arquitectos-and-MRC-2000x1010.jpg

Well that sucks, it looks like the downtown subway is dead, for now.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/do...plans/3317427/

Frontier Communications moves corporate HQ to Dallas, creating as many as 3,000 new jobs

The telecommunications company said it chose Uptown Dallas over other locations like Tampa due to its business-friendly environment.

Frontier Communications is moving its headquarters from Norwalk, Conn., to Dallas, Texas, saying it will be easier to manage its nationwide broadband offering from Texas.

Texas was an obvious place for us to be based,” said Jeffery, who already lives in Dallas. “Dallas is geographically located right at the center of the country, which makes it great for Frontier because we’re coast to coast, and there’s great talent availability. We’re making the ‘Gigahub’ our center for digital development.”

Frontier, which has been building out its next-generation fiber-optic network, said it is investing in a new 95,000-square-foot office space in Uptown Dallas. Fiber giant AT&T is also based in Dallas.
    Frontier's Dallas hub will house its chief executive officer, executive leadership team and hundreds of corporate employees. The company said it will maintain a strong presence in Connecticut.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fr...texas-334969f9

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...ers-to-dallas/

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    I disagree since not many people will want to move to the Oklahoma side, due to having to pay the Oklahoma income tax. Very great, though, how Durant is able to grow as possibly the fastest growing Oklahoma town outside of an Oklahoma metro, largely thanks to the Choctaws, not DFW.

As long as Oklahoma has a state income tax, Gainesville, TX is in a lot better shape to grow faster than Ardmore.
    Ironically, the property taxes in Gainesville are probably more than the Oklahoma state income tax they would pay anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerman View Post
    Frontier Communications moves corporate HQ to Dallas, creating as many as 3,000 new jobs

The telecommunications company said it chose Uptown Dallas over other locations like Tampa due to its business-friendly environment.

Frontier Communications is moving its headquarters from Norwalk, Conn., to Dallas, Texas, saying it will be easier to manage its nationwide broadband offering from Texas.

Texas was an obvious place for us to be based,” said Jeffery, who already lives in Dallas. “Dallas is geographically located right at the center of the country, which makes it great for Frontier because we’re coast to coast, and there’s great talent availability. We’re making the ‘Gigahub’ our center for digital development.”

Frontier, which has been building out its next-generation fiber-optic network, said it is investing in a new 95,000-square-foot office space in Uptown Dallas. Fiber giant AT&T is also based in Dallas.
    Frontier's Dallas hub will house its chief executive officer, executive leadership team and hundreds of corporate employees. The company said it will maintain a strong presence in Connecticut.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fr...texas-334969f9

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...ers-to-dallas/
    Yet another major corporate relocation for DFW! They are not afraid to go after big business! I wish OKC would be more proactive in landing good white collar jobs! The down side is more traffic and gridlock in DFW.

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    Yet another major corporate relocation for DFW! They are not afraid to go after big business! I wish OKC would be more proactive in landing good white collar jobs! The down side is more traffic and gridlock in DFW.
    What exactly do you mean by proactive and how do you know that it isn't being tried?

Quote Originally Posted by unfundedrick View Post
    What exactly do you mean by proactive and how do you know that it isn't being tried?
    I mean if they were being proactive, then I would "expect" to see results. There has been no major corporate HQ's move to OKC in decades. I moved back to OKC about 4 months ago after being in DFW and Tampa Florida. I am following OKC business and development and yet to see anything "major" in HQ relocations for OKC. Let's keep pushing OKC Chamber of Commerce to bring bigger prosperity and companies!

Thread Information