Widgets Magazine
Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 246970717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 1885

Thread: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The Red Carpet property is tiny and Oak already has a deal with 50 Penn to use their parking as well as Crossings Church and the big parking garage is still not fully open.

They will let Red Carpet continue to operate until they are ready to build a restaurant (unknown exactly which).
    do you think anything will be done with 50 Penn Pl.? That building seems like it’s overdue for a remodel and it would be nice if they would extend some of the building closer to the street and maybe make the parking garage a little bigger to get rid of some of the surface parking and develop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    do you think anything will be done with 50 Penn Pl.? That building seems like it’s overdue for a remodel and it would be nice if they would extend some of the building closer to the street and maybe make the parking garage a little bigger to get rid of some of the surface parking and develop it.
    Not anytime soon. Most of the former retail space is leased to Epic charter school.

OAK is planning a holiday ice rink:

That'll be awesome at that location.

Steel is going up on RH Gallery:

Interesting timing on your drone shots, looks like there is 3 OKC PD vehicles in/surrounding the construction site when you were there.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Interesting timing on your drone shots, looks like there is 3 OKC PD vehicles in/surrounding the construction site when you were there.
    Now that the perimeter fencing is pretty much down, they are there all day, every day.

Blog Entries

Looking at the hotel it still amazes me that a high quality development would use residential style AC units and through the wall AC units instead of a central system that is way more efficient and quieter (inside and out), as well as having a much longer life, not to mention having a much more sealed building envelope. Same for the apartments.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Looking at the hotel it still amazes me that a high quality development would use residential style AC units and through the wall AC units instead of a central system that is way more efficient and quieter (inside and out), as well as having a much longer life, not to mention having a much more sealed building envelope. Same for the apartments.
    the hotel is using a central system

and for the apt it is about have individual central air systems ... for separate bills .. and maintenance

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post

and for the apt it is about have individual central air systems ... for separate bills .. and maintenance
    It appears they are using vtac units according to the condenser louvers at each room. Those are not central systems. Please identify what central system you claim they are using.

Blog Entries

BTW, you can individually bill with central systems. That isn't the reason developers put in the residential style split systems. And maintaining a central system can be way easier than properly servicing hundreds of condensers and hundreds of air handlers. And, you have to install way more tonnage for individual units than a central system. Diversity, efficiency and lifespan greatly favors central systems.

BTW, you can individually bill with central systems. That isn't the reason developers put in the residential style split systems. And maintaining a central system can be way easier than properly servicing hundreds of condensers and hundreds of air handlers. And, you have to install way more tonnage for individual units than a central system. Diversity, efficiency and lifespan greatly favors central systems.
    maybe the massive unit on the roof is just for the hotel common areas then .. my mistake ..

Blog Entries

maybe the massive unit on the roof is just for the hotel common areas then .. my mistake ..
    Yes, probably for make-up fresh air, hallways, and other common areas.

Pete, now that construction on he hotel is nearly done, it looks like there won't be a portico from dropping off/picking up. Speaking as a somewhat regular traveler, I really appreciate one where I stay.

15. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

I agree Rover, but it does appear the apartments have individual condensers on the roof (better than in the window/siding), but yeah - not as perfect/upscale as a central unit or plant. ...
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    I agree Rover, but it does appear the apartments have individual condensers on the roof (better than in the window/siding), but yeah - not as perfect/upscale as a central unit or plant. ...
    Except on the roof is the hottest area for all the condensers, which means they aren't operating at their best level. And, they are all subject to the dirt and erosion from the harsh environment on the roof. You still cannot take advantage of building diversity, which means you are wasting energy and installing way too much tonnage overall. You are likely oversizing each unit, which in Oklahoma means you aren’t dehumidifying properly. That means less comfort and most will counter by lowering their thermostat temp, which just means more running time and less efficiency overall.

Except on the roof is the hottest area for all the condensers, which means they aren't operating at their best level. And, they are all subject to the dirt and erosion from the harsh environment on the roof. You still cannot take advantage of building diversity, which means you are wasting energy and installing way too much tonnage overall. You are likely oversizing each unit, which in Oklahoma means you aren’t dehumidifying properly. That means less comfort and most will counter by lowering their thermostat temp, which just means more running time and less efficiency overall.
    what is the cost difference for a whole building system for apts .. vs the individual units on the roof? ? 20% more or 50% more ??

18. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Tommy Bahama signs are up.

Oak just posted on Instagram that The Oil Tree is joining as their first local shop.

Quote Originally Posted by poe View Post
    Oak just posted on Instagram that The Oil Tree is joining as their first local shop.
    That's great! I like the Oil Tree and kinda sad their small location in Sailor and the Dock closed a couple months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

I was at Penn Square over the weekend and noticed that someone has already this submitted as a Pokestop for Pokemon Go. That's jumping the gun a bit but I bet this development will be a really location for that game once everything is open and people have had time to submit more POIs. The cloud sculpture will definitely be one eventually, hopefully someone will be properly clever and get it set up as a gym.

I don't know if this has been reported, but the Lively Hotel opens September 19. From their website https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/okc...oklahoma-city/

Quote Originally Posted by ccsokc View Post
    I don't know if this has been reported, but the Lively Hotel opens September 19. From their website https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/okc...oklahoma-city/
    Thanks.

That's a month from today and I just walked around it tonight and they are going to have to hustle over the next four weeks. The entire site is still a pretty big mess.

Hard to believe the hotel is planning to open in a month.

Thread Information