Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Lofts at Maywood Park

Default Re: Phase II of Maywood Park -- Affordable Lofts!

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    That sounds sinister.
    HaHaHa Gotta find those old Benzine tanks!! lol

Default Re: Phase II of Maywood Park -- Affordable Lofts!

AI is so intentionally innocuous sounding it makes me think of the Coyote cartoon and ACME. lol

Default Maywood Lofts

I've just found out that the first business is going to be opening within the next two months in the Maywood Lofts building, in the retail ground floor. It's going to be a salon owned by a downtown couple.

To me, this sounds like good news, as amenities like that in a neighborhood location are needed very much. It should be pretty successful with the new hotel and apartments being built there.

Has anyone else heard what businesses might be moving into the ground floor? I know they were trying to attract a restaurant.
    Last edited by Pete; 02-07-2011 at 02:30 PM.

4. Default Re: First business at Maywood Lofts retail level?

It would be an awesome spot for a little Indian or Thai restaurant, or something interesting.

Default Re: First business at Maywood Lofts retail level?

At one point I'd heard a wine bar was locating there. I'm pretty sure some of the space is going to be occupied by a law firm and a business.

Are the spaces already spoken for or are businesses waiting for the new apartments and aloft hotel to go in? When those two structures are built and open these spaces should do well.

7. Default Re: First business at Maywood Lofts retail level?

Don't think anyone is waiting to see the rest of the street built-out. I understand that either there is very strong interest or actual deals made on a lot of the spaces. It won't all be retail though, as betts already said in this thread.

The apartments aren't breaking ground until Jan and the hotel won't break ground until March, construction may take longer than a year. That's a lot of waiting, especially when Bradshaw already has opportunities to make deals on the space and get tenants in there, and get closer to his ultimate goal, moving on to another project.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    The apartments aren't breaking ground until Jan and the hotel won't break ground until March, construction may take longer than a year. That's a lot of waiting, especially when Bradshaw already has opportunities to make deals on the space and get tenants in there, and get closer to his ultimate goal, moving on to another project.
    You make January sound so far away...

9. Default Re: First business at Maywood Lofts retail level?

Of 2012, yes. You said: "or are businesses waiting for the new apartments and aloft hotel to go in?"

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    At one point I'd heard a wine bar was locating there. I'm pretty sure some of the space is going to be occupied by a law firm and a business.
    Geez. More "ground level retail" for OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Of 2012, yes. You said: "or are businesses waiting for the new apartments and aloft hotel to go in?"
    I didn't realize that this project wouldn't even start next year. I thought it was supposed to start in 2011. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    I didn't realize that this project wouldn't even start next year. I thought it was supposed to start in 2011. My bad.
    No, there's a bit of miscommunication here. Construction begins in January 2011 (i.e., in a few days), at least according to McKown's plans as stated a few months ago. Spartan is speculating they may not be completed until January 2012.

Default Re: Maywood Lofts

Any info as to when offices/stores will be going in here?

I was told by one of the business owners that they'd start moving in late February or March.

Thanks.

That utility grate that Steve brought up in his blog is certainly going to be a real issue soon...

16. Default Re: First business at Maywood Lofts retail level?

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    No, no..sorry I'm confused by this, but I think I just meant that I think waiting for the project to be FINISHED will be a lot of waiting. I didn't mean they're breaking ground next year, hell, LEVEL is already broken ground as you well know.

I just don't know what difference it makes to wait for them to break ground, if we're suggesting that short-term conditions are causing potential leasees to pause. I mean, the big difference on 2nd Street will come when these projects are FINISHED, which is still a ways off.

Quote Originally Posted by mcca7596 View Post
    Thanks.

That utility grate that Steve brought up in his blog is certainly going to be a real issue soon...
    What issue is that?

http://blog.newsok.com/okccentral/page/4/ Towards the bottom of the page there are several entries going back regarding an above ground utility access grate for Maywood lofts which essentially takes up the sidewalk.

As more pedestrians will be strolling in that area with the addition of Aloft and Level, it will be a true impediment.

Quote Originally Posted by mcca7596 View Post
    http://blog.newsok.com/okccentral/page/4/ Towards the bottom of the page there are several entries going back regarding an above ground utility access grate for Maywood lofts which essentially takes up the sidewalk.

As more pedestrians will be strolling in that area with the addition of Aloft and Level, it will be a true impediment.
    Even with more pedestrians, I don't see it so much as an impediment as I do an unattractive nuisance. It certainly can easily be walked around but does nothing to enhance that area at all.

You're right, nuisance is a better word.

Honestly, the more I think about it, most people from Deep Deuce aren't even going to be going down further west of it anyway (I mean it will be at the end of what is hopefully a very active couple of blocks). Conversely, if one is coming from the CBD, they will be on the other side of the street. Still, it sure is ugly lol.

A building permit was just issued for 3,000 square feet of law office space at Maywood Lofts.

New construction?

No, someone bought one of the empty bays at street level in the condo complex.

Ah, okay.

What a bad use of the "ground level retail" component. I realize these developers need to make money, but geez.

Thread Information