Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Big Truck Tacos

Default Re: Big Truck Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Stark View Post
    i say, GIVE ME TASTE, GIVE ME QUALITY, GIVE ME FRESH,
    Thing is, I didn't feel like I got that at all from BTT. What I got was over priced, over crowded, over greasy and over skimpy on the portions. There were literally pools of orange grease in my basket. I showed my friends and we were all kinda grossing out.

I mean it was cool that they had buffalo tacos but the flavor wasn't all that great.

To me it just seems like a whole bunch of hype for very little benefit.

Guess I just don't get it.

There are 25 or 30 taco places better than BTT in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatesooner View Post
    I really wish I knew where. In my hometown I can rattle off the place I love... I have a hard time here in OKC, because I don't know the area.

With that, I take the Pepsi challenge (again). List me 10 place, I promise to try them all. With each place, tell me which tacos to order. I will go try them all next week.

4. Default Re: Big Truck Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDenver View Post
    I really wish I knew where. In my hometown I can rattle off the place I love... I have a hard time here in OKC, because I don't know the area.

With that, I take the Pepsi challenge (again). List me 10 place, I promise to try them all. With each place, tell me which tacos to order. I will go try them all next week.
    I am with you JD list 10 or 25 or whatever and I am in for a "Pepsi" challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by upisgr8 View Post
    I am with you JD list 10 or 25 or whatever and I am in for a "Pepsi" challenge.
    HAHA what a great idea! I'm down for the Pepsi challenge.

Post em up boys! Where are dem tacos at?

6. Default Re: Big Truck Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzytoad View Post
    Oh? so you were lying about Lee's Sandwiches?

http://www.okctalk.com/food-restaura...tml#post294229
    that's hardly a national chain. a bunch of stores in california, a few in texas and one in oklahoma and arizona. and it is everything i described, except local. and there is always an exception to the rule. i also indulge in a big greasy sloppy Carl's Jr's burger about once a month. but the majority of my money goes to great local places.

if you don't like BTT there are plenty of great places in OKC. great places that aren't taco bell. thank goodness.

7. Default Re: Big Truck Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Stark View Post
    your standards are too low.

your body deserves better. your tongue deserves better.

your wallet may be a couple dollars lighter and your gas tank also, but it is worth it not to be eating trash.
    Have you HAD Taco Bell?!?!?!?!?!?? It's glorious for what it is!

8. Default Re: Big Truck Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by OKCMallen View Post
    it took me ten years to get my bachelors degree. i have had far more than my fair share of taco hell.

i also spent a decade bartending. (roughly the same decade i was getting my degree. coincidence? ) they were usually the only place open when i got off work. yeah. i've had taco smell.

one day i finally decided cheap, convenient, fast and sort-of-resembles-food wasn't worth it. my body was a wrecked shamble of it's former glory. a natural consequence of poor food choices.

now i effort towards higher quality (even if it takes a few extra minutes from my precious day) and my body thanks me.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCMallen View Post
    That perhaps is the first time I've ever seen Taco Bell and the word "glorious" used in the same post, hopefully it's the last.

Went for the first time today...as the name of the sauce sauce implies...OMFG!

Great selection of items, reasonably priced for what you are getting - chips and queso are a great filler and good for waiting (I had fun putting all the hot sauces on the chips).

I was leary of eating a tongue taco, but, the Flaming Lips is awesome! I was at a loss for words. I think I'm a new fan of tongue. Had the rancher (yum!), the 5th amendment (it was OK), and something else that was yummy and had lots of tasty cilantro (I forgot, my fiance ordered). The I-40 Pileup salad was also delicious.

We'll be regulars for sure...

And for all of you comparing this to taco bell (most as a joke I'm assuming) SHAME ON YOU!!!! Sacrilege. Blasphemy. A crime. To say the least. You're only cheating yourself. Life is short, eat well ;-)

Tacos San Pedro
    1130 SW 59th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73109

I didn't think big truck was that great...and the line was crazy

There is a Tacos San Pedro on SW 44th too.

Back to topic, I had breakfast at BTT on Saturday. I must say, the customer service has improved some, and the tacos were amazing. I don't remember the breakfast burrito I got the time before this visit being as tasty. Definitely will be back for breakfast.

try the pastor tacos @ abels 50th & macarthur
    chalos @ 50th and rockwell has the best lengua around

Quote Originally Posted by Jethrol View Post
    HAHA what a great idea! I'm down for the Pepsi challenge.

Post em up boys! Where are dem tacos at?

No doubt. You can't throw a claim out there like "There are 25 or 30 taco places better than BTT in OKC", and then bail when asked to post them.

Back it up, tell us where these taquerias are!

We're jonesin' for some taco's over here.

As Ive said before in this thread, there are other great taquerias in this town that I'd rather have tacos at, mainly Los Comales. However, I do have to say that BTT's "the full monty" (migas with chorizo) is one of the best breakfast dishes in all of OKC.

Nah, the migas at Cafe Antigua are better.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBen View Post
    No doubt. You can't throw a claim out there like "There are 25 or 30 taco places better than BTT in OKC", and then bail when asked to post them.

Back it up, tell us where these taquerias are!

We're jonesin' for some taco's over here.
    Here is one taqueria thread, there are several more.

http://www.okctalk.com/food-restaura...th-street.html

Are you people crazy? Big Truck has the best breakfast burritos I have ever tasted, try one with ham, cheese, eggs, and pico de gallo! Big Truck rules, you can get a nice, big burrito for only $4.62, and after you eat it, you won't need lunch! LOL

dropped by los comales last night... i didn't think it was as good as big truck.

the prices were great for what you got, the place was clean and the staff was friendly. however, the tacos were on the greasy side and weren't seasoned quite as well as big truck. one taco in particular, made with shredded beef, didn't seem as if it was seasoned at all. on the other end of the spectrum, the chicken taco and quesadilla were way too dry and could have benefitted from a little grease.

you get more food for your money at los comales but all in all i think that big truck produces a better product.

-M

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatesooner View Post

I think there are 2 or 3 in the Plaza District alone. They are pretty darn good too. Most of the goos taco places in this city are small family owned places and off the beaten path. You all owe it to yourself to drive around the these predominantly latino neighborhoods to experience the authentic offerings.

21. Default Re: Big Truck Tacos

Los camales you have to get the verde pork. It's the only thing I've had there I HAVE to keep going back for.
    I second tacos San Pedro sw 44th try any gordita and any wierd tacos like cheek tongue brain, the carne asada is good too and their burritos are insane.
    I second abels but on I-240 service rd & may, had a pastor taco that blew my mind.

I had a much better btt experience the last couple times. Had a real nice burrito (thunder themed?) and there's no denying their guac is KILLER!

Also chica's in Nichols hills call my name from time to time w/ those deep fried suckers! Bookter T's which I believe is a relic recipe of the patio grill. Which is where I am now. Coincidince? Yes, entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by drunkenfry
    los camales you have to get the verde pork.
    i think i like btt's version a *bit* better... but they are close. of all the tacos i tried at los comales, the verde pork and the asada were my two favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by drunkenfry
    i second abels but on i-240 service rd & may...
    i'm not familiar with this one... exactly where on i-240 & may?

-M

23. Default Re: Big Truck Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    i think i like btt's version a *bit* better... but they are close. of all the tacos i tried at los comales, the verde pork and the asada were my two favorites.

i'm not familiar with this one... exactly where on i-240 & may?

-M
    West side of the road next to the 7-11. It doubles as outlaws BBQ.
    My fav part about ables is they chop everything really fine. And tons of cilantro.

Default Is Big Truck Going Downhill?

On a recent visit, we were very disappointed to eat spoiled-tasting, nasty guac and spoiled-tasting hot sauce as well.

The service wasn't very good and the place wasn't even very busy.

It seems all their energy is in Mutt's right now, which is pretty good but not as good as Big Truck (was).

Lately, they haven't had specials and the last time I got the Fifth it was not good at all.

Is my experience an anomaly or is Big Truck starting to kind of suck?

Default Re: Is Big Truck Going Downhill?

Anytime you have spoiled tasting anything, definitely bring it to the attention of management (politely and without making a scene of course). While they should be doing their own "quality control", customers are a critical component in the information chain as they are usually the first to encounter it. No business wants food that could make someone sick being served.

Thread Information